Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hateing this lockdown due to my health I am 12 weeks with the possibility of it being longer I want to work I am a hca in a cate home this whole thing fills me with anixity about alot of things being in for 12 weeks and not going out what will it be like when I'm aloud out again I get hot sweats thinking about it becoming obsessed with washing my hands literally obsessed going back to work how much will have changed being able to work again . But it's to early to let everyone out it frightens me the amount of people I've see today out and about . We need to be in proper lockdown and for longer people have just taken the piss

Reactions: 4
Does anyone else feel really anxious about tomorrows briefing? I haven't really felt like this since it began. I just feel regardless of what Boris says tomorrow, people have already made their minds up that it's over. I want him to say another three weeks but with stricter rules. I know this won't happen, given his new slogan and all, but this is such a crucial time. Too many people are still dying, too many people still contracting it, why on earth is it a good time now to start being complacent.

I understand people need to see this road map so there's some light at the end of the tunnel. But let's be honest, lockdown ended Friday.

Which brings me to another point. Anyone else feel really bitter that they're not seeing their family or friends missing out on so much, then you see half the street sat at number 38s garden having a jolly good knees up.

Reactions: 23
Nice use of green there to make us feel like the threat has passed. Stay alert folks.... to an invisible virus.
looks like the sign you see on the inside of a cleaning cupboard. What’s this from?

Reactions: 3
Nice use of green there to make us feel like the threat has passed. Stay alert folks.... to an invisible virus.
So is that a hint things are opening up ? looks like it !another nail 🔨⚰

Reactions: 1
Thing is businesses can’t afford to be open at 50% capacity they’re better off staying shut

Reactions: 6
That seems like such a faff for a haircut. I think I’d rather let my husband give me his signature Shaolin Monk diy job... 😂 🙈

I get it’s to protect people, I do. I just couldn’t be arsed with that. Same with queuing up for hours to get into a clothes shop or something.

LOL, us clients barely have to do anything. It's the staff that have to run around doing that.

Call when we arrive outside which is not much different than what I've had to do to pick up dog food, go to the dr, etc.

Sanitize my hands which I already have to do going into a store.

And wear a mask, which I am already doing.

Nothing new.

Thing is businesses can’t afford to be open at 50% capacity they’re better off staying shut
They're still having to pay for electricity and rent when closed. My salon charges $300+ for a cut and colour so if they open and are doing 15 clients a day (max allowed in at one time or less than 50% capacity, whichever is smaller ) then that is already $4500, which is an extra $31,000 a week. They won't survive if they stay closed, curbside pickup of products won't keep them open.

Businesses have to reopen at some point and that is why the public and staff have to make an effort to properly sanitize and wear masks.

Mind you, Canada has 67,000 cases and uk has 215,000. And Canada has 4 700 deaths and UK has 31, 587 so it will be harder for the UK to open things without a negative impact. In our province our cases are getting lower, today only 59 new cases and the population is 4.5 million. We are hoping it stays low but we are also testing everyone which the UK isn't doing.

Last edited:
looks like the sign you see on the inside of a cleaning cupboard. What’s this from?
It's the new slogan ..moving on from the.. stay home . protect the NHS..save lives.. I think !....some of the press are quoting it.

It's the new slogan ..moving on from the.. stay home . protect the NHS..save lives.. I think !....some of the press are quoting it.
jesus wept.

so it’s a fancy way of saying remember to wash your bleeping hands.

government approved. 😐

• Haha
IMO, UK lockdown has been a joke. Little enforcement- in the first couple of days, I know 2 people who were stopped by police (both key workers), but nothing since, both have said they haven’t seen any police, let alone been stopped.
people sunbathing in playing fields, no social distancing on walks, car parks near rivers/ parks are busy.
Other countries have had a much stricter lockdown.

Reactions: 13
IMO, UK lockdown has been a joke. Little enforcement- in the first couple of days, I know 2 people who were stopped by police (both key workers), but nothing since, both have said they haven’t seen any police, let alone been stopped.
people sunbathing in playing fields, no social distancing on walks, car parks near rivers/ parks are busy.
Yes I agree. Obviously I don't live there but I am shocked by what I see on the news and what my family tell me.

In fact, the Canadian news was talking about UK handling of covid and lockdown and it was not painted in a positive light at all. They were talking about how badly it has been handled and how lockdown has not been enforced.

In some countries it is a requirement of lockdown easing so I'm (badly) making some. I have worn the first one I made twice now and washed it in a basin of very hot water and washing powder after I used it.

Not sure how I will get the kids to wear them 😬 I think in Germany under 6s don't have to but I can't see my over 6s keeping them on for long either !
Thats the plan we're going for in regards to masks now. Gonna have to get used to it! I'm planning to make one but I know that'll be a fail lol - Ive started getting little sisters to wear it around the house and get used to not taking it off as practice for when we do go out next.

Noticed a change in the kids that still come in to school, alot of them are very paranoid now and jerk away from sneezes, coughs etc. Constant complaints about being 'dirty' and quite sad sometimes, a lot of tantrums from usually very docile kids. Made me wonder if anyone has noticed a change in their kids at home?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Yes I agree. Obviously I don't live there but I am shocked by what I see on the news and what my family tell me.

In fact, the Canadian news was talking about UK handling of covid and lockdown and it was not painted in a positive light at all. They were talking about how badly it has been handled and how lockdown has not been enforced.
My sister lives in Italy, their death toll has been high, but at least their lockdown was strict and enforced. I know the situation is unprecedented ( in the words of nearly every uk politician), but we have gone wrong and ignored so many warnings.

Reactions: 2
Thanks for this as there doesn’t seem to be much information for new mums. It’s impossible to distance yourself from your baby. B/f didn’t go well with us so I’m expressing as much as I can in the hope if I go get it I’ll pass on my immunity I’m building up. Should new mums be shielding or just go about things in the new normal way? I’m obviously only doing what I absolutely must but I’ve had to go to chemist etc.

We have all been tetchy today. He kicked off as he’s not had the house to himself for 8 weeks ..... oh and I have?!!! I know it’s just the situation but I take it to heart like I’m not doing something well enough.
OMG we have had the same argument that went along the lines of all I want is an hour to myself , I’m working from home plus home schooling two kids 😂 I had to take a long breathe before answering - men are so selfish !!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
LITERALLY. I have seen police cars that are parked in hot spot areas of gathering to deter people but on closer inspection yesterday when I was at the butchers, the car was EMPTY! I'll be eyeballing every police car I see now to make sure if anyone is actually in them! Cant believe they leave them there as a prop. It was absolutely ridiculous. I don't know anyone who's been stopped by police and because roads are quieter, I have noticed there have been some very dangerous drivers on the road, either learners driving parents cars OR wannabe race car drivers!
Parks and fields arent too bad here but its definitely much, much busier than it was 3 weeks ago. My commute has gone back to normal time now whereas before it was only 20 mins, now its the normal 35.

I don’t know why, I know our handling has been tit, but the idea of other countries slating it annoys me especially USA. Every country has different failings and considerations and is counting figures differently

LOL, us clients barely have to do anything. It's the staff that have to run around doing that.

Call when we arrive outside which is not much different than what I've had to do to pick up dog food, go to the dr, etc.

Sanitize my hands which I already have to do going into a store.

And wear a mask, which I am already doing.

Nothing new.

They're still having to pay for electricity and rent when closed. My salon charges $300+ for a cut and colour so if they open and are doing 15 clients a day (max allowed in at one time or less than 50% capacity, whichever is smaller ) then that is already $4500, which is an extra $31,000 a week. They won't survive if they stay closed, curbside pickup of products won't keep them open.

Businesses have to reopen at some point and that is why the public and staff have to make an effort to properly sanitize and wear masks.

Mind you, Canada has 67,000 cases and uk has 215,000. And Canada has 4 700 deaths and UK has 31, 587 so it will be harder for the UK to open things without a negative impact. In our province our cases are getting lower, today only 59 new cases and the population is 4.5 million. We are hoping it stays low but we are also testing everyone which the UK isn't doing.
I was talking about in the UK though, where there has so far been various financial support for closed businesses and I can’t see why you’d pay for electricity you aren’t using

I don’t know why, I know our handling has been tit, but the idea of other countries slating it annoys me especially USA. Every country has different failings and considerations and is counting figures differently
Honestly, the way the USA is handling it makes my head hurt. All those states with their different lockdown rules and them all fighting over PPE and having to order their own from abroad bc the federal govt hasn't been helping! It seems very crazy over there, I think it'll be devastating for their economy, the population and peoples mental health. It only seems to be getting worse there, have they approached a peak country wide? I know NYC has apparently passed the peak with R below 1 but no idea about other states. It seems their lockdown is very soft as well.

Reactions: 4
Honestly, the way the USA is handling it makes my head hurt. All those states with their different lockdown rules and them all fighting over PPE and having to order their own from abroad bc the federal govt hasn't been helping! It seems very crazy over there, I think it'll be devastating for their economy, the population and peoples mental health. It only seems to be getting worse there, have they approached a peak country wide? I know NYC has apparently passed the peak with R below 1 but no idea about other states. It seems their lockdown is very soft as well.
yes exactly this and yet the New Yorker was publishing something about the UK’s failings 🤯

• Angry
Reactions: 5
What annoys me is their still getting it wrong.. we're 5 months in and they still can't come up with standard safety equipment for front line workers ,yet they want to open the country up again ..no wonder other countries are laughing they're a laughing stock FFS...

Last edited:
  • Heart
If China had locked down not allowing people out of the country in the first place, the epidemic would have been contained and the rest of the world might have been safe.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.