Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What annoys me is their still getting it wrong.. we're 5 months in and they still can't come up with standard safety equipment for front line workers ,yet they want to open the country up again ..no wonder other countries are laughing there a laughing stock FFS...
I’m English but currently living elsewhere and to be honest I feel safer here - thankfully my family at home are being sensible. England has barely had a lock down.

Reactions: 7
I’m English but currently living elsewhere and to be honest I feel safer here - thankfully my family at home are being sensible. England has barely had a lock down.
I feel like watching it from afar and seeing how badly your home country is handling it is really eye-opening.

In some areas of the USA, the governers really tried but Trump failed them because he was a denier at first. He is a lunatic and shame on them if he gets voted in again, although I think he likely will.

Reactions: 5
The US can’t criticise any other country’s handling of the pandemic, they’ve hardly been an exemplary role model themselves. I can’t take them seriously every time that Oompa Loompa they elected opens his trap. I just can’t.

Reactions: 10
If China had locked down not allowing people out of the country in the first place, the epidemic would have been contained and the rest of the world might have been safe.
Well we don't really know how long it's been around for, so when could they have stopped people leaving ? But China certainly could have acted quicker once they were made aware of it .. They government should be focusing on the here and now, if they open up the country too soon they'll definitely have blood on their hands .They've nothing in place to say it can be safely opened ..And BoJo doing a disappearing act is not helping matters ..

Reactions: 9
Well we don't really know how long it's been around for, so when could they have stopped people leaving ? But China certainly could have acted quicker once they were made aware of it .. They government should be focusing on the here and now, if they open up the country too soon they'll definitely have blood on their hands .They've nothing in place to say it can be safely opened ..And BoJo doing a disappearing act is not helping matters ..
Agreed, China could have acted earlier, could have saved a lot of lives, BUT THEY DIDN'T! Now the planet is in Deep tit.

Reactions: 9
The US can’t criticise any other country’s handling of the pandemic, they’ve hardly been an exemplary role model themselves. I can’t take them seriously every time that Oompa Loompa they elected opens his trap. I just can’t.
Think what it would have been like if Obama had of still been in charge ! instead of that worthless cretin..

Reactions: 2
So i was rushed to hospital in an ambulance tonight. Currently in a room on my own on a drip. Not covid related, had the worst migraine I’ve ever had, which says a lot.

Anyway I have had some chest tightness for a while and what I think is a fever but they’ve brushed that off entirely and have said I’m fine. They offered me a mask but I said no and they didn’t push, despite my symptoms. Odd.

I’m hindsight I should have had one 😬

• Sad
Reactions: 10
So i was rushed to hospital in an ambulance tonight. Currently in a room on my own on a drip. Not covid related, had the worst migraine I’ve ever had, which says a lot.

Anyway I have had some chest tightness for a while and what I think is a fever but they’ve brushed that off entirely and have said I’m fine. They offered me a mask but I said no and they didn’t push, despite my symptoms. Odd.

Did they check your temp?

Reactions: 3

I hope you’re ok x

Did they check your temp?
They did when I was at home. Was around 39? I think.

I don’t think I have it, it was just a bit curious to me that despite the trouble breathing they didn’t even make me wear a mask.🤷🏼‍♀️

I have only seen around 5 people though. They’re doing well re: social distancing!

Can you not ask to be tested ? severe headache and some of your other symptoms could suggest the virus ..but hopefully it's not..

Reactions: 5
I hope you’re ok x
Thank you I am! Still got a headache from hell but don’t feel as sick anymore. Migraines have always been horrific for me but this one was awful, felt like I was dying. Couldn’t even talk.

Can you not ask to be tested ? severe headache and some of your other symptoms could suggest the virus ..but hopefully it's not..
I may do. They’ve said my breathing seems okay 🤷🏼‍♀️ Despite the fact my chest feels tight

Last edited:
  • Sad
Think what it would have been like if Obama had of still been in charge ! instead of that worthless cretin..
I watched Michelle Obama's documentary on Netflix earlier and actually thought the same thing. Her book is so good too. I recommend both :)

Reactions: 4
This thread is the only thing that’s made me feel like I’m not the only one who’s lost it.. anyone else’s employer f’ked up the furlough application so you haven’t received a penny 🙃🙃🙃

• Sad
Reactions: 4
In countries where people wear masks they saw a decrease in cases. People saying that they do nothing don't know what they are talking about. We have made them and wear them always now when going out. We will have to get used to it.

Things here where I am in Canada are set to start opening up again here on the 14th if the numbers stay low, if they rise again then they will close. Hairsalons, retail stores, restaurants etc, but must maintain social distancing and have less than 50% capacity.

We won't be going to sit in at a restaurant anytime soon and will stick with takeout. In fact, some places are choosing to not open straight away and see how things turn out.

I had a hair appt for April which got cancelled and one booked for the beginning of June. My salon contacted me to say they could fit me in, in May. I told them I would rather wait a bit so booked for the end of June.

I am really impressed with what my salon is doing to try and keep people safe.

No more than 15 people, and stations all spaced 6 ft apart.

The front door will be locked and you've got to call to let them know you're there.

All work stations, equipment, washing stations, pay station, door handles, etc will be disinfected after each client.

All capes, towels etc will be washed on hot after each client.

They will not be serving beverages.

If you need the bathroom, you have to say so and they will disinfect before and after.

Client and hairstylist must wear a mask.

No one is allowed to be accompanied so no children etc.

Up to the hairstylist if they'll cut children's hair as the kid would have to be dropped off alone.

Clients are not allowed to touch the retail products, must say what they want and it will be brought over.

They're encouraging no styling, so just cut and colour and then towel dry.

Hand sanitizer will be at the entry point and must be used upon entering. It will also be at each stylists chair and should be used again there.

It all seems very thought out and I hope the reopening goes well.
It sounds like they're taking all the measures they can but this sounds like bleeping hell.
When I go to the hairdressers I want a HOT cup of coffee (rare when you have toddlers), I want last years gossip magazines to read in peace and I want to hear about who's been having an affair with Sandra down the road, who I still don't know actually exists.

I want the full experience!
I want a nice bouncy blow dry without my hair getting stuck around the brush, not a quick chop and a towel dry, just to then be sprayed with disinfectant every time I speak.

I can't imagine they're going to be very busy, sounds like torture.
I'd have more enjoyment in my other half cutting my hair at home.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Lots of drama on our village Facebook page last night, someone posted 'who can honestly say they've stayed at home' and the comments were wild. As if 'naming and shaming' is going to make things any better :rolleyes: especially now when you are at home next to your neighbours 24/7.

Also our neighbours have put up a massive climbing frame right next to our fence, and as luck would have it it looks right into our seating area and into our kitchen (y)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.