Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just spoke to my mum whose friend bizarrely is stockpiling.......tinned prunes.

So many questions.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

So many questions.
let her know if things get worse I’m selling loo roll.
2 quid a roll,
she sounds like my target audience.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

So many questions.
They are tasty and high in antioxidants 🤓

I'd forgotten to stock up on them, just remember to get the ones pitted in juice. While the rest of you are having oats with water I'll be having luxurious oats in creamy coconut milk and juicy prunes 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I think someone needs to put out information that says this may be a flu like illness but it is an unexpected one therefore precautions for the vulnerable have not been taken and preparations to deal with those who catch it have not been made.

Those ill with Corona are in addition to those people who would have already been ill from normal flu, heart attacks, high blood pressure etc The NHS do not have the extra beds, staff resources and equipment allocated just in case a random new virus takes hold therefore are going to struggle to care for those people. With normal seasonal flu this is planned for somewhat and taken into account when allocating staff, wards, ordering machinery etc and this is why you can't just say It's just the flu why are you panicing.

Measures need to be put in place to help slow down how many people catch it all at once to help relive the pressure that is going to be put on the health services and that is the point most people seem to be missing ! They don't have enough beds or equipment in Italy now and that is why the death toll is rising. People that may have survived if resources were there now may not.

Also when they need to turn operating theatres and other wards into wards to treat Corona patients what is going to happen if you come down with another illness or are in an accident !

So many people can't seem to join the dots on this it's scary !!!

Reactions: 6
The NHS frontline staff must be exhausted already. :confused:
My husband is Nhs management rather than frontline medical and he’s doing 15 hour days as it is. Those on the frontline really must be feeling it. They are all angels I’ve always said that about nhs staff

• Sad
Nothing that groundbreaking in the budget, Rishi just squirting a bit of lube.

Wishful thinking with the estimates of growing the economy and wages. Can't see how taxes aren't going to steadily rise over coming years and decades to cover liabilities.

"Economy and NHS well prepared to deal with coronavirus" 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 3
They are tasty and high in antioxidants 🤓

I'd forgotten to stock up on them, just remember to get the ones pitted in juice. While the rest of you are having oats with water I'll be having luxurious oats in creamy coconut milk and juicy prunes 😁
And so the great prune stockpile frenzy starts here!

• Haha
Is that like an apocalypse type thing?! I’m avoiding anything like that 😂
Yep.

Based on the HG wells book but with recent day twist. I saw the first episode of the BBC version.

I've already watched a documentary on the 1918 flu. The bubonic plague. Inferno with Tom Hanks and I started the walking dead.

It honestly makes me want to build a bunker underground.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.