Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, just had an update letter from our school saying they are looking into plans for remote learning if needed; but then says it’s fine, government advice is all trips going ahead and full steam ahead for SATS?!

I think they’ll get the budget out the way and we will see movement into the delay stage.

Also, my Tattle ads have changed from face masks to funeral plans 😱😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Look, I appreciate you have your view but the simple fact of the matter is that every single day, people’s lives come down to money.

look at the Syrian refugee crisis - if everyone met your apparently standards of morality, then why aren’t all borders open and we are actively sending aid? Do babies and young children washing up dead on shores matter equally and their lives shouldn’t be a matter of money?

I appreciate you disagree me and what I said in the comments but this is a delicate balancing act. obviously, measures need to be taken to stem the spread of the virus but measures to keep the economy functioning (at this point, based on the numbers infected etc) are arguably more important.

it is absolutely imperative that the economy does not fall into a deep recession.

oh and btw, a key attribute of a recession is an increased death rate. during the last financial crisis, an additional half million people died due to depression, ill heath and suicide.

If we move into recession, it is highly likely people on this forum (or people they are close to) will be impacted through job losses, less business profitability, potential family or personal ill heath.

I’m not asking you to agree with me, I’m just pointing out that I can understand the governments resistance to move to the next phase. They likely have complex models considering all these factors.
I'm not angry with you, I'm angry at the situation. I'm not on here to discuss Syrian refugees or recession and deaths as a result, just yet. There's no need to bring up other world and economic issues to justify your point on this, your opinion is what works for you. In my opinion it is wrong to actively put people's lives in danger to favour the economy, whether it be war, plague or famine and I agree we will disagree on this. You don't know what my moral standards are or my political or religious views and neither do I know yours, I'm reacting as a human being. I am aware it is a tremendous balancing act for those in power and that is why I personally could not make such decisions and I'm glad I don't have to. I think the Italian government are making some good decisions in order to protect their citizens.

Reactions: 8
I read a comment on another website that said something like "its funny how there are 387 cases in the UK and 2 of those are in Government", really made me think. I mean.. what are the odds! Its likely that it is in the thousands already by now, they are barely testing anyone, that is why the UK official figure is so low. We just get told to stay at home and isolate if showing symptoms. Its shocking really.

I wonder why it is at 7pm?

I think big changes will be announced in this speech, let's hope its something more than "wash your hands"
School closures? I hope so! Whilst I'm aware that children will still mix out of school, it will be nowhere near as intense as school.

Reactions: 9
We had already stocked up on food to last two weeks but last night we went and got enough for a month. After listening to that Joe Rogan podcast with the infectious disease expert it seems like it may only get worse. We expect my husband may be told to work from home soon.

Reactions: 2
This may be a different point of view but I want to be infected with coronavirus as soon possible. I’m young and healthy. I have a strong immune system and don’t want to diminish my quality of life by self isolation or other restrictive measures.
If you got it as soon as possible you’d have to isolate yourself anyway AND be very ill so what’s the difference to self isolation?? Ffs
also getting it as soon as possible it lies dormant for so long, so you could be passing it on to elderly/weak people in that time.

your theory is ridiculous
ps. If you want it that badly the government are apparently paying £3500 so they can test for cures. Enjoy

Reactions: 5
I wonder why it is at 7pm?

I think big changes will be announced in this speech, let's hope its something more than "wash your hands"
I feel a bit worried about this. Is it normal to make announcements at that time?

Reactions: 1
I can't see the new cases shown anywhere or where the source for the 7pm announcement came from?

Reactions: 1
I feel like that's a big jump given how strict they seem to be with who they are allowing to be tested
People on Twitter and commenting on the fact that the number of tests carried out are decreasing each day, yet the numbers are still rising. They really should be carrying out more tests

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.