Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think the problem with closing schools is parents just let them out to play or take it as a chance to go away for a while
Going out to play in family groups outside has got to be better than the germ breeding classrooms though x

Reactions: 6
I’m pregnant and meant to be going away to Spain next month with my 3 kids and family and I really don’t want to go anymore my anxiety is so high. Right now I can’t think of anything worse than going away is that stupid?!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
There is a 30 year old Dr in NYC with coronavirus in respiratory failure. One his colleagues is tweeting about it trying to get help. No underlying health conditions that they are aware of https://twitter.com/FYang_EP/with_replies
And yet people on Facebook are still joking and mocking other people who are concerned. I don't know how people can find it funny to joke about something that has caused people to die or get seriously ill.

Reactions: 15

Yel

Not trying to scaremonger, but those containment units on the news carrying people in Italy look like something right out of a movie
PSX_20200308_220911.jpg

Corridors already being used as a makeshift ICU in Italy, the videos inside the hospitals are worrying https://www.la7.it/piazzapulita

Reactions: 6
There will be healthy people that will get really ill and probably die, it’s not a hard and fast rule that it’s only old and immuno-compromised that will be hit bad x
I agree. It is a new illness and there are so many unknowns currently. It was interesting to read his opinion changing after seeing his young healthy colleague deteriorate so quickly.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I agree. It is a new illness and there are so many unknowns currently. It was interesting to read his opinion changing after seeing his young healthy colleague deteriorate so quickly.
That is the trouble with drs/nurses saying it’s all fine...they haven’t even seen the full extent yet, until last week we only had a few people scattered around the country with it, until your knee deep in patients you can’t say for certain x

Reactions: 5
As a pregnant teacher, I’m furious the Govt isn’t taking more decisive action with schools.

I’ve had a cold all week which I haven’t been able to shake, as I can’t take my usual medications. I’m terrified of the virus going round and catching it - I’ve never had a great immune system.

The only changes I’ve seen are some posters from the department of health about washing hands. Honestly I’m very frustrated. This country is incapable of decisive action. We are looking down the barrel of the gun for GCSEs in 8 weeks. DO SOMETHING NOW.

Reactions: 20
That is the trouble with drs/nurses saying it’s all fine...they haven’t even seen the full extent yet, until last week we only had a few people scattered around the country with it, until your knee deep in patients you can’t say for certain x
In fairness they are trained to reassure us. Can you imagine if they were like “yes, people panic. It’s bad. We’re all going to die!”
I’d proper be shitting myself and at the moment I am already just one fart away from doing that.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I just wish the media wasn’t all about doom. I get why it helps their engagement, but we NEED to see positive news, like how many thousands have been cured. It doesn’t make the losses any less tragic, but some people’s anxiety is through the roof.

Reactions: 8
Has anyone watched The Flu That Killed 50 Million? It was first broadcast in 2018 but was repeated about a month ago.
Available on BBC IPlayer until midnight Thursday/Friday.

Reactions: 2
In fairness they are trained to reassure us. Can you imagine if they were like “yes, people panic. It’s bad. We’re all going to die!”
I’d proper be shitting myself and at the moment I am already just one fart away from doing that.
Yeah I get that but the ones I’ve spoken to genuinely believe it’s nothing to worry about...a friend of mine had a dr laugh at her when she asked if her flu symptoms could be Coronavirus....

• Sad
Reactions: 4

Yel

Oil has just opened up down 22%, markets are going to be hammered again when they open. I don't think I'll be checking my pension for a couple of years 😅
Screenshot_2020-03-08-22-39-45-848_com.Plus500.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 2

Yel

Does this mean petrol prices and utilities could go down? I don't really understand the economic impact the virus could have
It's complicated. I know enough to know it's hard to answer but it's alot more than just petrol and utilities. It's all about confidence in the future, and it's at rock bottom. The economic effects are monumental. I'd expect indexes to open 3-5% down when they do tomorrow.

Yes that is the prediction. However, the Coronavirus is not the flu. There are now seven strains of Coronavirus, two of which (229E and OC43) cause symptoms of the common cold and none of the seven have a known cure. The other five are described in medical literature, as causing serious respiratory tract infections. There are two main types of flu, A and B. Swine Flu can also cause respiratory tract infection but is a type A influenza virus and is currently included in the influenza vaccine, so can be prevented.
Your right Spinidge Cov 19 is a new unknown strain..There are currently 60 hospital staff in Ireland in self isolation ,god knows how many have been infected truth be told ..the government prediction is 1.5 million but we'll just have to wait it out and hope for the best..

Does this mean petrol prices and utilities could go down? I don't really understand the economic impact the virus could have
I don’t know in terms of every day. But I do worry about businesses going bust. There is already a lot of pressure on business and with this I think we will see a fairly large chunk of small businesses shutting down permanently

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.