Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well guys, I have dug out my unused waist trainer and started wearing it today. I have eaten so much crap over lockdown I am now homeschooling and training my fat belly 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Wasn't Boris quoted as saying he admired the mayor in Jaws 😂
I'm sure they have lots in common...he'll probably need a " bigger boat" aswell 😂 you know to sail away into the sunset 🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🌅 there's a lot of sharks in this water looking for a piece of him..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
My 5 years old been amazing as well. Before this she would always ask to go places on a weekend, get upset if we didn't have plans. Not once in these 7 weeks has she asked to go anywhere or do anything.
She loves our walks out which helps but its shown me we dont need to make weekends a big event and it's ok to just stay at home and not have plans.
She sounds like she’s handled it better than I have 😂

So, what is everyone looking forward to most once lockdown ends? I’m aware it’s not going to be as simple as it sounds and many things will take a long time before they’re possible, but just for talking’s sake.

I can’t wait to see the rest of my family and have a date night out of the house with my husband. ❤

PS: and getting a haircut!
Seeing my friends, getting my hair done, going to the beach and visiting the animal shelter 😂
Our airport is closed at least until September so won’t be seeing my family any time soon 😕

so America are testing people who passed away in November/December because they believe corona was actually in the USA back then,

totally believe it was.

Reactions: 13
All I want to know is how Trump has not picked it up yet ! he's not following any rules he was even shaking people's hands the other day...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
All I want to know is how Trump has not picked it up yet ! he's not following any rules he was even shaking people's hands the other day...
I know nothing about him so he could be a twit but.......

I really like Andrew Cuomo’s briefings. 😬
I do miss the trump crazy but I like watching Cuomo.

‘rona is like melania, doesn’t wanna go near him.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I know nothing about him so he could be a twit but.......

I really like Andrew Cuomo’s briefings. 😬
I do miss the trump crazy but I like watching Cuomo.

‘rona is like melania, doesn’t wanna go near him.
Well Lars is a big fan and will let us know how twatty he is when they return..I've watched him an odd time he seems genuine and knows exactly what's going on ....poor Melania 😂

They president in Philippines said people should be shot if they don't follow social distancing.
This is the Spanish flu we were talking about from 100 yrs ago ?

Reactions: 1
Listening to the really loud group of people across the road I'm in agreement.

I just want to go to sleep
I had a house alarm going off across the road until 2.23am last night.

I almost wished they were being burgled as long as the burgler has the bleeping alarm Code,

they couldn’t hear the alarm 😬 bleeping great being old but not for their daughter who had to come out to wake them up 😂

so bleeping off topic 😂🤣

I love Cuomo
oh excellent! I hate liking someone who’s an undercover twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Why are people so worried. It’s not the plague and 650 deaths in a population of 66 million is nothing. The numbers if people with the virus are going up as they are testing more and it’s obvious a lot of people have minor symptoms. I’m
66 pretty sure i had it with hubby in Feb ( was not as bad as the flu I had in 2016 which completely floored me for over 2 weeks.
I can’t see my son and family who live 4 hours away and my daughters cleaning business is completely at a standstill. She has serious depression and has been finding it very difficult the the last couple weeks not being able to work . She can’t get much help from the government as she only started her business last jan 2019. She did get a job for a cleaning company cleaning one of the posh supermarkets but was so disgusted at the way they “cleaned “ she left as she felt at risk.
She can’t afford to not work luckily her husband has a job so they are ok for now.
So when you are all saying you want schools to open in September and lockdown to stay think of the people who stand to lose their business and can’t afford to stay at home financially or mentally. One of the girls who worked for her is touting a petition to keep schools closed till September. That’s ok If you are on benefits like she is you have nothing to lose.
As the health expert on our local news says every week each your hands and don’t touch your face and you should be fine.

I am 66 newly retired and my family are all that matters to me. If people are frightened to go out or send their kids to school that’s fine but everyone should be able to choose it’s a free country
Bit in bold.
I should think that’s the same for 99.9% of people.

If lockdown is lifted too early lots more vulnerable people could be at risk.

From a personal view, my father should be shielding until the end of June.
Once lockdown is lifted, all those he HAS to come in contact with on a daily basis - carers, drivers, hospital workers - will be mixing with more and more people and increasing their risk of contracting it and therefore this increases his chances of contracting it.

I don’t feel the numbers are reducing enough yet for lockdown to be lifted.
If we are still getting this many new cases every day WITH lockdown, what would they be like without?

The roads are getting much busier now anyway so it looks like many are already doing more than “essential” journeys.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Crazy thing I've been thinking about for the past 2 days. What if this IS the second wave and the scientists etc have no idea? I do believe it's been around for a lot longer than everyone thinks. So, say it was first around this time last year, but it was very mild and the usual deaths they'd expect from flu. It goes unnoticed, no tests done because they think it's seasonal flu. I can count on one hand how many times I've had flu, but what I had last year was nothing like anything I'd had before. Fast forward a few months, we're back in Winter and it begins again, only this time it's worse, second wave. Yes, I think too much, it's possible though 🤔

Reactions: 9
Crazy thing I've been thinking about for the past 2 days. What if this IS the second wave and the scientists etc have no idea? I do believe it's been around for a lot longer than everyone thinks. So, say it was first around this time last year, but it was very mild and the usual deaths they'd expect from flu. It goes unnoticed, no tests done because they think it's seasonal flu. I can count on one hand how many times I've had flu, but what I had last year was nothing like anything I'd had before. Fast forward a few months, we're back in Winter and it begins again, only this time it's worse, second wave. Yes, I think too much, it's possible though 🤔
I wouldn't want to fathom the nxt waves then if it gets worse ....It's a strange one I still think they don't really know how to work it out or how long it's been around for..you can sense looking at all those precautions China are taking it's something to be reckoned with ..and that's what scary..

Reactions: 4
The thing I take issue with is the people downplaying it to get back to normality. These are the same people who probably never had it or who don’t actually know of anyone close to them who has. It’s easy to say “oh it’s not all that bad” when you haven’t experienced it. I’m not saying it’s the worst thing I’ve ever had (I had Sepsis, that was much worse) but it is a horrible illness that is very hard to shake, and that’s me having had it mild. For some, there is no coming back from this. The scary part is, you don’t know how you or your loved ones will react. You might be lucky and it only feels like a bad cold, or you may end up on a vent.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.