Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was actually ready to pay £50 for one kettlebell until my nearest gym decided to put some out on loan for us. Like you I need exercise to keep my mental health on an even keel, I’d usually rely on running but it’s not doing it for me right now.
There’s also a couple of Local instructors who have taken to online workouts really well (far more charisma and motivation than Joe wicks!) so that has helped in the absence of an actual gym facility/
I have to say the best thing I’ve done is buy a treadmill, but I know I’m very lucky to have the space to be able to do so. I’ve not been to a gym for years because of having a toddler, but I really miss it and I can see how detrimental it can be to have that taken away 😔

sports direct usually have equipment for quite cheap but it might not be as heavy as you need

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I would be really interested to hear your results. I had family members who went to New York in January and got so ill. They spent 3 weeks in bed, awful cough, temperature, muscle aches. Neither of them think they've had it but i wouldn't be surprised if they had.
Will be interesting to see if people who think they've had it, actually have.
Sounds exactly like what we had.
My hubby didn't have the aches but he lost all sense of smell too.
Soon as I get them back ill update.
Be interesting to know ☺

Reactions: 4
What I mean is all those saying they had Covid earlier this year why could it not just be 'normal' Flu you had ? Flu makes you feel awful ?

If you break your leg it hurts a lot but and if you fractured your leg it would hurt a lot as well but they are different things ?

I have to say the best thing I’ve done is buy a treadmill, but I know I’m very lucky to have the space to be able to do so. I’ve not been to a gym for years because of having a toddler, but I really miss it and I can see how detrimental it can be to have that taken away 😔

sports direct usually have equipment for quite cheap but it might not be as heavy as you need

Same here. Everyone told me it’d be a waste of money and I’d just use it to dump stuff on but I’ve used it every day in lockdown and it’s helped to keep me sane. It’s definitely been worth the money, it looks ugly in my living room so not going to win any instagram aesthetic awards anytime soon though 😂

Sorry I wasn’t able to read it. When I zoomed in, it was too blurry to read.
from Monday-
Unlimited exercise
Employees encouraged to go back to work places that have remained open
Garden centres could reopen
Guidance for reopening open air markets, high streets

End May/June
Phased return of primary schools starting with yesr 6
Social bubbles allowed

End of June
Phased return of secondary schools
Outdoor gatherings of 30 people
Small team sports ie 5 a side
Cafes with outdoor seating could reopen

End of august/sept
pubs, bars, resturants start to reopen with social distancing

October
Premiership football behind closed doors
Gyms

Is what I can make out

Reactions: 1
Same here. Everyone told me it’d be a waste of money and I’d just use it to dump stuff on but I’ve used it every day in lockdown and it’s helped to keep me sane. It’s definitely been worth the money, it looks ugly in my living room so not going to win any instagram aesthetic awards anytime soon though 😂
luckily ours is in the garage but everyone said nah you’ll use it a week and that’s it, but we’ve been on it religiously 5/6 days a week and I feel so much bloody better. I can’t pace when I run on the road so this is great for us.

I also have a set of weights because I always feel a million times better for moving than if I don’t. Exercise is a funny old thing isn’t it!

Reactions: 3
from Monday-
Unlimited exercise
Employees encouraged to go back to work places that have remained open
Garden centres could reopen
Guidance for reopening open air markets, high streets

End May/June
Phased return of primary schools starting with yesr 6
Social bubbles allowed

End of June
Phased return of secondary schools
Outdoor gatherings of 30 people
Small team sports ie 5 a side
Cafes with outdoor seating could reopen

End of august/sept
pubs, bars, resturants start to reopen with social distancing

October
Premiership football behind closed doors
Gyms

Is what I can make out
Sky are saying the relaxation will mean everyone back to work who can social distance 2 metres while there

Picnics allowed with 2 metre spaces

Cafes to reopen outside only with 2 metre spaces

Days out allowed to travel to countryside

Primary schools returning end of May

Secondary schools returning end of June

Gyms reopen end of October

I don't think we will go but we've still booked our seats just incase. Tui sent the reminder and nearly all the seats were booked already. The holiday was paid for last May. If its refunded, we will pay for 2022 holiday as 2021 is now paid for.
Fingers crossed for you

Not sure if this is the same across the country but our primary schools are on May Half Term at the end of May, so I'm taking that with a very large pinch of salt.

Reactions: 7
luckily ours is in the garage but everyone said nah you’ll use it a week and that’s it, but we’ve been on it religiously 5/6 days a week and I feel so much bloody better. I can’t pace when I run on the road so this is great for us.

I also have a set of weights because I always feel a million times better for moving than if I don’t. Exercise is a funny old thing isn’t it!
I use a bootcamp which I pay £30 a month for which is 2 half hour classes a week. They've moved it online but I struggle at home doing it because it's not the same and I don't have the weights. They have lent their weights in good faith to all members but I missed out.

Instead I've been doing my own routine every other day using resistance bands and then walking 6 miles 3 days a week and I feel better on my own routine. All I need is some weights to add new routine and I don't know if to buy my own weights then sell and buy when I need to increase weight and give up bootcamp and save £30 a month or carry on my routines and join the gym (can see it from my house) for £25 a month and use their weights?

Sky are saying the relaxation will mean everyone back to work who can social distance 2 metres while there

Picnics allowed with 2 metre spaces

Cafes to reopen outside only with 2 metre spaces

Days out allowed to travel to countryside

Primary schools returning end of May

Secondary schools returning end of June

Gyms reopen end of October
This really frightens me. Only a few days ago Boris stood there and said that relaxing any of the restrictions too early would be catastrophic and now here we are. 4000 new cases yesterday and 650 UK deaths. Give it a few weeks under these new measures then we will be back at square one

Reactions: 7
This really frightens me. Only a few days ago Boris stood there and said that relaxing any of the restrictions too early would be catastrophic and now here we are. 4000 new cases yesterday and 650 UK deaths. Give it a few weeks under these new measures then we will be back at square one
If you don’t want to go out then you don’t have to.
Some people literally NEED to work - we have no income at the moment whatsoever. If we don’t get poorly from the virus we will get poorly from poverty.

Reactions: 3
I was reading about how France discovered they had a case earlier than they thought as the re tested blood samples that had been negative for flu for earlier in the year. So surely if there had been a wave of deaths that looked like flu but didn't test for flu last year surely that would have been noted ? Or they would be able to re test some samples from then find out for sure.

I find it strange that people keep saying they had it before because they felt awful. 'Normal' Flu makes you feel awful and people don't normally catch it that often. That's why when people say I think I had a cold or flu people often reply with if it had been flu you would have known about it.

I caught flu when I was pregnant a decade ago and I felt truly awful never had a 'cold' like it.
agree with this, i’ve had so many people tell me they have had flu and its been horrible but honestly some people get really bad colds and assume its flu. My auntie gets horrendous colds which people would assume its flu and is bed bound but she is still able to get up and do something if needed, eg get water.

i have had flu twice in my life, once I was a kid and its blur, all i remember is i was out of it for days, and another time, i was older so remember more but i was honestly on deaths door, was completely knocked out and felt horrific, headache, fever body aches everything. If the house was on fire I wouldn’t have been able to get up. Also the thing with flu is it suddenly hits you, i was at a family dinner earlier in the day and woke up in the night feeling like this

so yes some people might have had a horrible cold before around xmas time or even had normal flu like many claim but i honestly don’t think it was Covid, considering how contagious it is we would have known for sure.
Regarding blood tests. A lot of people would've just took themselves to bed if it was a mild strain and thought nothing of it. I haven't said I had covid but It certainly wasn't "just a cold". It came on suddenly and I was floored for 6 weeks. I had no energy for anything, my breathing was affected, just struggling to the toilet left me sitting on the edge of my bed feeling like I'd just ran a marathon. To begin with, Covid might not have been that contagious, it's still a case of nobody knows much about it, it is possible for things to go unnoticed until they mutate and get really bad, like the past few months. Information is coming in all the time, so it will be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks, months and years when they get "a bigger picture".

• Sad
Ours are too, we are Midlands
Im in the South West. Im sure i saw somewhere that BJ said schools would be given 3 weeks to prepare the social distancing measures before reopening, so it wont be the end of May which makes me think that exit plan is a load of old tit.

What I've never liked is all the speculation from newspapers and people on Facebook who know someone high up who told them in confidence.

So many people seem to be taking their direction from there rather than any announcements from the Government.

Apparently some schools on here were sending out newsletters hoping for a 1st June return which I think wasn't fair to do incase it doesn't happen.

The place where I have my waxing done closed and keeping posting on Facebook saying we will open when guided by the Government that it is safe to do so and not on information from the Daily Mail because they are getting messages on their page saying its safe for them to open etc

Reactions: 10
I use a bootcamp which I pay £30 a month for which is 2 half hour classes a week. They've moved it online but I struggle at home doing it because it's not the same and I don't have the weights. They have lent their weights in good faith to all members but I missed out.

Instead I've been doing my own routine every other day using resistance bands and then walking 6 miles 3 days a week and I feel better on my own routine. All I need is some weights to add new routine and I don't know if to buy my own weights then sell and buy when I need to increase weight and give up bootcamp and save £30 a month or carry on my routines and join the gym (can see it from my house) for £25 a month and use their weights?
its a hard call, I feel like with classes it’s the group participation that really keeps you going. When you’re on your own it’s so easy to just check your phone or get distracted when you’re doing your routine

I guess there’s never any harm is buying weights, I’m certain even if you used them a few months someone on Facebook would probably buy them, so even if you bought for £30 and sold for £20 for example you’d have had good use out of a few months!

the gym could be better value as you can go as many times as you want, my old one was like £33 a month inclusive of classes which was great but I could only hope to join the gym these days 😩

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.