Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to give another update from Germany because I thought this was quite interesting today.
here, the federal states can make their own rules and the one I live in (in Northern Germany) has announced today that as of May 11 all shops will open again.
Also, restaurants are allowed to reopen. Bars, pubs and club will remain closed.
They are still keeping the rule that you cannot see more than one person outside of your household but have said that this may be lifted from May 18.
Seems a bit silly to basically allow all social life to go back to normal (with distance regulations etc) but not allow family and friends to see each other...

In other news, some may remember that I talked about being pregnant before. Well, I’m not anymore and gave birth to a healthy, beautiful baby boy last Sunday. Apart from everyone wearing masks in the hospital, it didn’t feel as if anything was going on outside and to be honest that was lovely. Felt like I lived in a bubble. Birth was rough and ended in a c section with full anaesthesia so neither me nor my boyfriend could welcome the little guy immediately. Still struggling with that a little bit. Other than that, all is well (apart from slight anxiety once night is approaching...)
Some of you had asked me to report on the birth so there :)

It has really taken my mind off the pandemic and I’m grateful for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Yes if the new cases are still very similar to what they were a few weeks ago, lifting the lockdown now would surely only cause them to spike. I would quite honestly be surprised and very worried if they start to lift it next week. It would surely be chaos as for our population size they can only currently test a very small number of people. I wonder if they might keep lockdown until the tracking app is up and working but that could take quite a while so very hard to say

Reactions: 4
Anyone else wondering how all the politicians and government people are getting their haircuts? Its now the 7th week of lockdown and their hair looks fine, they are clearly getting haircuts!! How?! 🤣 i know first world problems and all that! Just curious 🤔

Reactions: 7
I've loved lockdown. We've had to stop and appreciate the smaller things. I've enjoyed having my family around and things being quieter.
I’m the exact same, I’ve loved cooking every night and going a nice walk at night since we live next to a lovely big park! Spending time with my boyfriend and realising how grateful we are for things

Reactions: 3
It seems to me that they will be putting a lot of faith into the app. The app relies heavily on people reporting their symptoms as they happen. I was reading an article over the weekend that said 67% of the country has a smartphone and of these smartphone users, 80% will need to actively use the app in order for it to have any effect. In my opinion, unless they make the app compulsory by law, it isn’t going to achieve what they want it to, or on the scale that they need it to.

Reactions: 1
Also curious as to how are we still having so many cases every day when we are now on the 7th week of lockdown?! How is the virus still spreading so much 🤯🤯
Matt hancock’s just said its not that they cant make changes before track and trace system is up and running its just that it will help in the long run

I want to give another update from Germany because I thought this was quite interesting today.
here, the federal states can make their own rules and the one I live in (in Northern Germany) has announced today that as of May 11 all shops will open again.
Also, restaurants are allowed to reopen. Bars, pubs and club will remain closed.
They are still keeping the rule that you cannot see more than one person outside of your household but have said that this may be lifted from May 18.
Seems a bit silly to basically allow all social life to go back to normal (with distance regulations etc) but not allow family and friends to see each other...

In other news, some may remember that I talked about being pregnant before. Well, I’m not anymore and gave birth to a healthy, beautiful baby boy last Sunday. Apart from everyone wearing masks in the hospital, it didn’t feel as if anything was going on outside and to be honest that was lovely. Felt like I lived in a bubble. Birth was rough and ended in a c section with full anaesthesia so neither me nor my boyfriend could welcome the little guy immediately. Still struggling with that a little bit. Other than that, all is well (apart from slight anxiety once night is approaching...)
Some of you had asked me to report on the birth so there :)

It has really taken my mind off the pandemic and I’m grateful for that.
Firstly and most importantly, congratulations on your new arrival! Hope you’re enjoying this time in your little bubble with your newborn.
Secondly, how does the ‘one person outside of your household’ thing work? So if I see my parents, I’m seeing TWO people outside of my household, but as a couple, they’re only seeing ONE person (me). Would that be allowed or nah? Obviously a totally hypothetical scenario as we don’t know what our rules would be.

Anyone else wondering how all the politicians and government people are getting their haircuts? Its now the 7th week of lockdown and their hair looks fine, they are clearly getting haircuts!! How?! 🤣 i know first world problems and all that! Just curious 🤔
I've been thinking the exact same thing haha

Reactions: 2
What about all the low income family's or people with a bad credit rating ,that can't get nor afford a phone contract how will that work with an app ?

When do people think we will be allowed to fly again? Airlines are going to go bust if they don’t operate soon. I have family in Europe who I want to see and getting married too :(
Here in Canada, they don't expect to be flying until December.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Any other girls who also have been isolating without their boyfriends please feel my pain.
When Boris is going to review lockdown, with potential easing of restrictions: Sunday.
When my next period is due: Monday.

why must the world test me in these ways?!😂
the lord giveth and the lord taketh away!

I’m feeling a lot better, thank you x
goods news Buzzbee, may every day from now on be a good day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Do you think lockdown will lift by the end of May/first week in June? It’s our daughters 18th at the very end of May so we’re trying to think of things we can do for her if lockdown has lifted, but even if it does I doubt there will be much to do, no meal out etc and I wouldn’t want to risk it. It may not be and we will then make firm arrangements to do a little family meal just us together. I’m just wondering what you all think as I’ve a horrible feeling it’s going to lift very soon and then my husband will be pushed back into an office traveling to the city where there’s a high case rate. I can’t even think about that, I’ve been blocking’s it out this last week as it terrifies me.

My turn to be feeling a little bit down in the dumps. God I’ve tried to be positive but today I’m just going to accept it’s one of those days.

It’s my dads funeral this week, hard to accept only a few people are allowed to attend and not allowed to console and stand with one another. No wake, no get together. Nothing. In all honestly, I don’t want to go and would rather ‘celebrate his life’ as such when we are all able to see one another. I appreciate there are many others experiencing the same when it comes to funerals during this pandemic.

I was also due to have a pelvic scan on 18th March, it got moved to 1st April then cancelled altogether. I was fine initially with this but I’m now starting to panic. I’ve been having tests for the last year (I won’t go into too much detail) but it got to the point that my gp was concerned and arranged for the scan. The last few days my mind has been on overdrive and thinking the worst.

So yeah, today’s pretty tit *opens the gin* it’s 5pm somewhere.

I’ve not really opened the gin, as tempting as it sounds.
I really hope you are ok and your scan brings good news xx

I've shaved a mohican in for one of mine today. Looks ok spiked but I butchered the front with kitchen scissors so it looks shocking flat. Could be interesting if they suddenly decide the kids can go back to school!

I offered to do this to my son thinking he’d love it and he point blank refused! I was soo disappointed!! 😂 x

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Also curious as to how are we still having so many cases every day when we are now on the 7th week of lockdown?! How is the virus still spreading so much 🤯🤯
Matt hancock’s just said its not that they cant make changes before track and trace system is up and running its just that it will help in the long run
Testing was only limited to keyworks and patients presenting with symptoms at hospitals
Now they tests household members of key workers if any are showing symptoms And also all non elective patients coming through the doors are being tested
So it’s bound to go up because testing is available to more people

Do you think lockdown will lift by the end of May/first week in June? It’s our daughters 18th at the very end of May so we’re trying to think of things we can do for her if lockdown has lifted, but even if it does I doubt there will be much to do, no meal out etc and I wouldn’t want to risk it. It may not be and we will then make firm arrangements to do a little family meal just us together. I’m just wondering what you all think as I’ve a horrible feeling it’s going to lift very soon and then my husband will be pushed back into an office traveling to the city where there’s a high case rate. I can’t even think about that, I’ve been blocking’s it out this last week as it terrifies me.

I really hope you are ok and your scan brings good news xx
I think we will be out of the current lockdown as such, but a big meal out in a restaurant or a party are not going to happen imo. I would be planning for a day at home with just the household. I would order some decorations to make it special, maybe plan a surprise zoom party for her?

Reactions: 5
But how are so many still catching the virus when 80% of people are at home? 🤔

But how are so many still catching the virus when 80% of people are at home? 🤔
Plenty of people still have to go out to work, they get infected there and 2 weeks later someone in their family starts displaying symptoms. In those two weeks the family member has gone to the supermarket once or twice, maybe the corner shop and passed it on without knowing they had it. Obviously everyone tries to maintain 2m but it isn't always possible and 2m isn't always safe if you cough.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.