Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was supposed to see Mamma Mia on Saturday. We were told it’s been rescheduled to 2021. I wonder if more shows will follow suit with such a long delay. At least it’s likely to go ahead rather than the disappointment of being cancelled again but I really feel for the people involved in the production and are paid show by show.
I’m booked for Harry Potter on the 3rd June, I’ve heard nothing yet. I their website only says up until 31st May so far. But I expect it to be cancelled.

Reactions: 2
I was supposed to see Mamma Mia on Saturday. We were told it’s been rescheduled to 2021. I wonder if more shows will follow suit with such a long delay. At least it’s likely to go ahead rather than the disappointment of being cancelled again but I really feel for the people involved in the production and are paid show by show.
I'm sorry but with a vaccine not being here u til 2022 (Witty said 'i don't expect s vaccine to be available in the night next calendar year) I expect that come winter 2020 they'll be another lockdown and maybe even another in 2021 april)/may time... I thought that over the next couple of years they'll be a few lockdowns and exits...

Have I made this up? Or has anyone else though similar?

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Also people panicking about going back to work and school I quite understand but my daughter for instance has her own cleaning business and needs to get back to work. One of her friends is organising a petition to keep schools closed. Her 10 year old hasn’t left the house in 7 weeks he’s too frightened. If school opens then if people want to keep their kids at home they should be able too. However unlike my daughter she relies on benefits and so can easily stay at home.

Reactions: 8
the person who was worried about bleeding between periods and not having smear test, I have had to go gp this morning for a speculum examination for a similar issue, and there was no problem, they were happy to do it. I just had to explain on the phone and they saw me same day in a private cubicle, they meet you outside and give you a mask, and they are in full protective gear.

Just a thought, how did they get rid of the pandemic in 1918?! Maybe they'll take some pointers? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Again there is the lag, will be interesting to see tomorrow's numbers. But it does look like the trend is still going down.

How do they expect people with childcare to do the
Just a thought, how did they get rid of the pandemic in 1918?! Maybe they'll take some pointers? :ROFLMAO:
People died or enough were infected they got herd immunity

Reactions: 4
the person who was worried about bleeding between periods and not having smear test, I have had to go gp this morning for a speculum examination for a similar issue, and there was no problem, they were happy to do it. I just had to explain on the phone and they saw me same day in a private cubicle, they meet you outside and give you a mask, and they are in full protective gear.
That was me, I was just gonna post a thank you to everyone for pushing me to go! I rang my doctors and got seen fairly quickly. Had an examination and the doctor said I had some cervical ectropion (?) which basically means that some of the softer cells from the inside of my cervix are on the outside instead, meaning that they are more likely to bleed. She said at the moment to just keep an eye on it and if it gets worse or starts to bother me, I should come back and they’ll refer me on for a procedure to have the cells removed.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Lord above. Homeschool has been a little frantic today...kids all fine really, but it’s just a bit manic trying to field the queries and respond to all 3 of them sometimes!

My middle child (KS2) just got stuck on a Maths question and asked for help. I called him over and we worked through it together. When we got to the answer I happened to be holding the pen as I’d been showing him some of the workings out. So I wrote the answer (that essentially he’d come up with). He then took the pen back, gave the answer a big tick, gave me the cheekiest grin and said “Well done Mum- you’re tried really well there.”

Honestly...stick a fork in me-I’m done. Is it too early for gin?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Well thats not good :confused: Will be a lockdown situation for at least a year or two until a vaccine is made.

ALSO, why are NO countries (that i know of) sharing research and working together? Are we all so money hungry to develop it first? Every country went through stages of making their own antibody test, their own Covid test which I find ridiculous when you're trying to slow the growth. I understand each country has to do its own checks and all that but still think overall its a bit silly to wait to make tests available when another TRUSTED ally country already has them

Lord above. Homeschool has been a little frantic today...kids all fine really, but it’s just a bit manic trying to field the queries and respond to all 3 of them sometimes!

My middle child (KS2) just got stuck on a Maths question and asked for help. I called him over and we worked through it together. When we got to the answer I happened to be holding the pen as I’d been showing him some of the workings out. So I wrote the answer (that essentially he’d come up with). He then took the pen back, gave the answer a big tick, gave me the cheekiest grin and said “Well done Mum- you’re tried really well there.”

Honestly...stick a fork in me-I’m done. Is it too early for gin?
I keep giving my 6 year old the answer to things. I kick myself every time but it doesnt seem to help me not do it the next time 🤣🤣 he loves it! Although today he asked me if i could talk a little less as i was giving him a headache 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I've been thinking about this whole primary schools back on 1st June thing and think it may be plausible. If Boris says on Sunday 1st June then that gives the schools 3 weeks to prepare which is what the papers and news outlets are reporting. Hoping I'm wrong though

Reactions: 2
I would expect anyone shielding will be able to keep their children at home if schools do open and will be set work by school to keep consistency.

My children will being going back at the first opportunity, both work in economic development and job creation and we need to help get over this tit storm and get the economy moving again.

Reactions: 12
I'm the opposite, i feel so glad i do have the kids to keep me busy and my mind off things. Think my mental health would've taken a real bashing if it wasnt for them. Just shows what works for one doesn't for another!
Same! Mine have kept me laughing every day they are hilarious and amazing company 😍 I'd struggle with nursery age though I think, much easier once they can chat to you properly.

Reactions: 6
Is anyone getting strangely use to the new normal? I’m starting to dread when lockdown does get lifted, the amount of people rushing to clothing shops, restaurants & even all the mums and dads in playgrounds it makes me feel uneasy i actually feel nervous at the thought of going to primark again😂😂I hope he does do it in very small stages I work in housekeeping and find it hard to imagine how we’re going to social distance considering we clean people’s bodily fluids daily in pretty much every room

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Same! Mine have kept me laughing every day they are hilarious and amazing company 😍 I'd struggle with nursery age though I think, much easier once they can chat to you properly.
I feel abit harsh for my comment. I've got a 5 y/o and a nearly 10 month old. They are both fighting for my attention all day. My 10m old still wake up twice in the night (I know - wtf?!). She would happily sleep in till 8/9. 6 o clock and my 5 y/os wide awake ready to go 😴
If it was one or the other I'd be enjoying their company more.
I do feel lucky to have had my maternity extended due to the pandemic, so soon as I go back to work I'll miss days like these.

Reactions: 7
I feel abit harsh for my comment. I've got a 5 y/o and a nearly 10 month old. They are both fighting for my attention all day. My 10m old still wake up twice in the night (I know - wtf?!). She would happily sleep in till 8/9. 6 o clock and my 5 y/os wide awake ready to go 😴
I do feel lucky to have had my maternity extended due to the pandemic, so soon as I go back to work I'll miss days like these.
That’s how I feel we’re all moaning but in reality in a few years we’ll look back and wish we could have all this time of work again, I’m just trying to embrace them been little sh*ts some days 😂

• Heart
God at 10 months I would have been ecstatic for 2 wake ups. My daughter was an absolute PITA until 18 months 😬😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Again there is the lag, will be interesting to see tomorrow's numbers. But it does look like the trend is still going down.

How do they expect people with childcare to do the

It also mutated a few times and became less deadly I believe.

• Heart
God at 10 months I would have been ecstatic for 2 wake ups. My daughter was an absolute PITA until 18 months 😬😬
Omg... 🙄
My eldest sleep all night from 3 months, I just thought that was normal 🙈 By all night I mean 6-6 ish bottle then up about 11 for brunch. Everyone said you then next one wont be as good. They wasnt lying.

• Haha
Well. Tried to cut my 14 month old’s hair again yesterday. Didn’t go well.

At least his hair looks better than someone’s: 😂
View attachment 122656
I've shaved a mohican in for one of mine today. Looks ok spiked but I butchered the front with kitchen scissors so it looks shocking flat. Could be interesting if they suddenly decide the kids can go back to school!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.