Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone getting strangely use to the new normal? I’m starting to dread when lockdown does get lifted, the amount of people rushing to clothing shops, restaurants & even all the mums and dads in playgrounds it makes me feel uneasy i actually feel nervous at the thought of going to primark again😂😂I hope he does do it in very small stages I work in housekeeping and find it hard to imagine how we’re going to social distance considering we clean people’s bodily fluids daily in pretty much every room
I am really enjoying it, I have a busy life normally and being able to sleep, eat a good diet and not grab and go and enjoy time with my family has been bliss! I for one do not see myself going shopping anywhere busy until the latter end of the year. I've also been able to tackle all those jobs I've been meaning to do for years!

I have stepped foot in one supermarket in the last 7 weeks and I cried when I came home. I can deal with small shops but nothing big. All I want to do is see my mum and go for a wonder around a garden centre where there is lots of space.

Omg... 🙄
My eldest sleep all night from 3 months, I just thought that was normal 🙈 By all night I mean 6-6 ish bottle then up about 11 for brunch. Everyone said you then next one wont be as good. They wasnt lying.
I think thats why my mum only had me. I was a dream sleeper apparently, slept through the night from about 8 weeks until 10/11am but its highly likely she would have got a devil next 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I was tested for the virus this morning and my gosh it was so horrid 😢 I didn't know how far the swab goes up your nose, I was in tears and swore at the poor nurse it is so uncomfortable. She said the youngest they'd tested was 9 months ☹

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Nicola Sturgeon has said in a speech today that it is very likely lockdown will be extended here in Scotland. While I understand that Scotland may go its own way I’m the coming weeks surely that makes it likely for England too?

Reactions: 10
God at 10 months I would have been ecstatic for 2 wake ups. My daughter was an absolute PITA until 18 months 😬😬
Never mind 18 months, my 4.5 yo is still a PITA. Never mind the 19mo 🤣

And I cannot imagine what I would do without the kids during lockdown. I’d be demented (more so than they have me) My neighbour and I had a (socially distanced!) chat about this the other day and came to the conclusion we’d rather be locked down with them than be with no kids (or god forbid alone. That must be awful)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was tested for the virus this morning and my gosh it was so horrid 😢 I didn't know how far the swab goes up your nose, I was in tears and swore at the poor nurse it is so uncomfortable. She said the youngest they'd tested was 9 months ☹
Ouch! How long until you hear? How are you feeling?

Reactions: 1
I am really enjoying it, I have a busy life normally and being able to sleep, eat a good diet and not grab and go and enjoy time with my family has been bliss! I for one do not see myself going shopping anywhere busy until the latter end of the year. I've also been able to tackle all those jobs I've been meaning to do for years!

I have stepped foot in one supermarket in the last 7 weeks and I cried when I came home. I can deal with small shops but nothing big. All I want to do is see my mum and go for a wonder around a garden centre where there is lots of space.

I think thats why my mum only had me. I was a dream sleeper apparently, slept through the night from about 8 weeks until 10/11am but its highly likely she would have got a devil next 🤣
Well shes a very sensible lady. Wish I could say the same about my self 😂 Shes just thrown some cauliflower cheese at the cat 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I feel abit harsh for my comment. I've got a 5 y/o and a nearly 10 month old. They are both fighting for my attention all day. My 10m old still wake up twice in the night (I know - wtf?!). She would happily sleep in till 8/9. 6 o clock and my 5 y/os wide awake ready to go 😴
If it was one or the other I'd be enjoying their company more.
I do feel lucky to have had my maternity extended due to the pandemic, so soon as I go back to work I'll miss days like these.
Oh mine didn't actually sleep til age 4, I'd happily adopt a 7 year old but I'd rather slowly put my face into a moving boat motor than go through the baby or toddler years again 😂 it was like being at war.

• Haha
Ouch! How long until you hear? How are you feeling?
48-72 hours! It took 10 days to be given a test slot (family member is an ICU nurse) feel totally crap, exhausted and hating being trapped inside!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My sister had a call from my nieces school today, they call regularly but today they indicated (but did not confirm) they were preparing for children coming back beginning of June.
Asking questions like how would my niece cope with a different teacher etc (she has an ECHP due to additional needs) so something like that could have a big effect on her.
It seems to me the wheels are in motion to get kids back.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
When do people think we will be allowed to fly again? Airlines are going to go bust if they don’t operate soon. I have family in Europe who I want to see and getting married too :(

Reactions: 2
Anyone else think Matt Hancock has dyed his hair? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Any other girls who also have been isolating without their boyfriends please feel my pain.
When Boris is going to review lockdown, with potential easing of restrictions: Sunday.
When my next period is due: Monday.

why must the world test me in these ways?!😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I was supposed to see Mamma Mia on Saturday. We were told it’s been rescheduled to 2021. I wonder if more shows will follow suit with such a long delay. At least it’s likely to go ahead rather than the disappointment of being cancelled again but I really feel for the people involved in the production and are paid show by show.
You must live near me, except we've been told May 2022 for Mamma Mia. We WILL rock You has been moved to May 2021 as we had tickets for that too.

Is anyone getting strangely use to the new normal? I’m starting to dread when lockdown does get lifted, the amount of people rushing to clothing shops, restaurants & even all the mums and dads in playgrounds it makes me feel uneasy i actually feel nervous at the thought of going to primark again😂😂I hope he does do it in very small stages I work in housekeeping and find it hard to imagine how we’re going to social distance considering we clean people’s bodily fluids daily in pretty much every room
I think I’ll miss the quietness of things. I’m dreading going back to busy roads and I really like just not having anything we really need to do (aside from work/school work!)

When do people think we will be allowed to fly again? Airlines are going to go bust if they don’t operate soon. I have family in Europe who I want to see and getting married too :(
I am flying to Italy on Aug 22nd but flying BA from gatwick which they said they would close routes from even if flights back. However I am hoping they will offer us to fly from heathrow into maybe another airport. My parents closest airport is a ryanair route and I am still waiting for my refund from my cancelled flight in March to v.reluctant to book through them.

I've loved lockdown. We've had to stop and appreciate the smaller things. I've enjoyed having my family around and things being quieter.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My understanding is Jonathan Van Tam has just said that new cases must be lower before lockdown is lifted. there were 3,985 today. I don’t see how they can lift the lockdown until that is much lower. Deaths have clearly dropped due to lockdown but new cases hasn’t really dropped it’s more plateaued. Based on that I would think theyll do another 2-3 weeks of lockdown but that’s just my opinion

My understanding is Jonathan Van Tam has just said that new cases must be lower before lockdown is lifted. there were 3,985 today. I don’t see how they can lift the lockdown until that is much lower. Deaths have clearly dropped due to lockdown but new cases hasn’t really dropped it’s more plateaued. Based on that I would think theyll do another 2-3 weeks of lockdown but that’s just my opinion
I read it the same way. We can do all of the testing possible but if people are out in the world and spreading the disease, it isn’t stopping the spread or helping the health service. I personally feel that we really need to stockpile more PPE too so that we are more prepared for a second wave and earlier in his slideshow speech he did acknowledge that this is a problem.

I am flying to Italy on Aug 22nd but flying BA from gatwick which they said they would close routes from even if flights back. However I am hoping they will offer us to fly from heathrow into maybe another airport. My parents closest airport is a ryanair route and I am still waiting for my refund from my cancelled flight in March to v.reluctant to book through them.
I’d like to think by August we can fly. I think most airlines are hoping June July but no definitive answer anywhere is there. Agree with Ryanair, don’t trust them! We are with easyJet it’s the only airline who fly where we are heading.

It would only be sensible otherwise before we know it r will be higher then 1 again and we will need to lockdown again. A bit longer then a low return would be much easier then having to lockdown again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.