Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some people at work ((hospital) seem to think they will cut down on face to face appointments altogether unless something physically needs doing. The over the phone stuff is working very well here so thiers talk of it continuing and being the new normal.
My husband has been on the waiting list for a dermatology appointment since last August. His appointment was this week. It’s now been changed to a telephone appointment and he has to email them some photographs of his skin.
Thank God his problem isn’t on his arse! 😱😄

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Watching sky news press preview 're schools.
They seem to think primary back in June.
All of a sudden young kids can't get very ill or spread it yet for last 2months we been keeping kids away from grandparents.
What about kids with parents with vunerable helath conditions.
Clearly it's a economic move as parents can't work minus childcare.
I onky work part time evenings so when husband goes back to work I could keep them at home and teach them.
What's every else's thourght on kids going back seems impossible social distance even.
I don't want them use as guini pigs or economic pawns dump them anywhere so you can work.
Not in Ireland and SURELY England have to follow suit??!!

Reactions: 3
Hi All, always reading this thread, never post but something has wound me up this week and wanted to know what everyone else thought.

I’m seeing A LOT of people in the beauty industry; hairdressers, lash techs, aestheticians, semi-perm MUA etc on Instagram saying they are hoping to open up within the next couple of weeks and starting wait lists for appointments.

Now, I’m in the industry myself and I get that most are self employed and people are eager to get back to earning but I’m shocked that they think we will be one of the first things to be allowed to open back up. Although most of this kind of work is done in sterile environments it’s still very close contact and I would never want to put my clients at risk!

*or myself of course.

I just think these people are dreaming!

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Hi All, always reading this thread, never post but something has wound me up this week and wanted to know what everyone else thought.

I’m seeing A LOT of people in the beauty industry; hairdressers, lash techs, aestheticians, semi-perm MUA etc on Instagram saying they are hoping to open up within the next couple of weeks and starting wait lists for appointments.

Now, I’m in the industry myself and I get that most are self employed and people are eager to get back to earning but I’m shocked that they think we will be one of the first things to be allowed to open back up. Although most of this kind of work is done in sterile environments it’s still very close contact and I would never want to put my clients at risk!

*or myself of course.

I just think these people are dreaming!
Yes I've seen lots posting about opening in the next few weeks and they have appointment lists.
I desperately need a haircut and I had one booked in the week after lockdown, thankfully my hairdresser is doing care packages so I can sort my hagrid hair out 😂

Reactions: 3
Wonder how high it'll be when they announce it across all settings.
It does look as though it's down a bit but this way they have of calculating them up is so confusing for everyone, but the first figure nearly always be's around the 4/5 hundred mark so it does look like it's down today..

Reactions: 1
It does look as though it's down a bit but this way they have of calculating them up is so confusing for everyone, but the first figure nearly always be's around the 4/5 hundred mark so it does look like it's down today..
It's definitely decreasing slowly each day. Wonder what Thursday will bring. Think he'd be stupid to ease any restrictions a day before the bank holiday

Reactions: 7
Sunday and Monday are always lower due to the lag in reporting over the weekend. It's the 7 days rolling ave that's the best way of looking at it. Though if you compare hospital figures last Sun to this it seems to be getting lower. I never thought I'd think of over 300 as a positive. I hate how desensitised I've become.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It's definitely decreasing slowly each day. Wonder what Thursday will bring. Think he'd be stupid to ease any restrictions a day before the bank holiday
No I don't think so! especially with all the bother with PPE etc, they'd need to be prepared for another wave ..Plus I think they'll watch how the rest of the European countries fare over the nxt few weeks before they commit to easing any restrictions ..They've come to far to mess things up at this stage..

Reactions: 5
Of the 327 new deaths announced today in England, 56 occurred on May 2, 125 occurred on May 1 while 43 occurred on April 30.

The figures also show 95 of the new deaths took place between April 1 and April 29 while the remaining eight deaths occurred in March, with the earliest new death taking place on March 28.

Reactions: 2
No I don't think so! especially with all the bother with PPE etc, they'd need to be prepared for another wave ..Plus I think they'll watch how the rest of the European countries fare over the nxt few weeks before they commit to easing any restrictions ..They've come to far to mess things up at this stage..
Completely agree. I don't think they can say they've met the 5 points set out yet. I'm happy to have another 3 week extension

Reactions: 4
Re salons & hairdressers. I feel the same. That's my profession. Before this I seen so many therapists and hairdressers saying that their environment was sterile, they were cleaning the salon before & after every client (not practical to me), sanitising tools/brushes before & after clients (things they should be doing anyways). Now it's pay a deposit to be on my waiting list. The salon I used to work for were struggling to get fairly priced surgical spirts & barbicide or even finding stock in the up coming weeks to lockdown I can't imagine what it'll be like afterwards.

Reactions: 4
Spoke to one if our local police on our walk today and she as shocked what occurred at our neighbours last night ( party from 3 till 3.45 am drug taking in a car outside our fence - we actually live in a nice place - and this is all with 2 foster children in the house ) we called the police at 7.30 they never came. She told me to report it to social services as it’s a safeguarding issue and she was shocked they didn’t come

• Wow
Did Gove just say 300 and something deaths across all settings? Thought it was around 350 today just for those that died in hospital? So confused

Reactions: 2
Did Gove just say 300 and something deaths across all settings? Thought it was around 350 today just for those that died in hospital? So confused
Yes 315. Very low considering it includes care homes and community but it is always lower on weekends.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.