Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sad to know it seems like there will be no changes soon but that statement was just what we needed. Nice to have him back and seemingly very clear with what needs to be done.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Sad to know it seems like there will be changes soon but that statement was just what we needed. Nice to have him back and seemingly very clear with what needs to be done.
Why are you sad if there are changes soon?

I honestly don't think there will be changes soon. I think he is preparing us for at least another three weeks. I think this will potentially go on to the end of the month. If Boris lifts it too early and there is a massive surge his neck will be on the line for making the wrong choice. I think once he sees a consistent drop in deaths and or new infections for at least a week will he even consider it. He has been through it and know s what it's like I am sure he wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy because I've only seen videos off it and I wouldn't wish it on any of mine. His job is to protect his people and that's what he's trying to do. Can't run a grave yard.

Reactions: 10
I tried to get my children doing it. I was bored after ten minutes and so were they. It’s a great idea I think but think outside the box, make it accessible for the little ones
We only managed 3 mornings of Joe. We now do Cosmic Kids Yoga and Go Noodle. I actually really like Go Noodle. Also a bit of just dance if we're feeling fancy.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This may be a stupid question but why are conspiracy theorists so against a vaccine?
What exactly do they think it's going to do to them??
I legit don't understand. Do they think the government can...control them with it? How??
they think it will contain a micro chip and that you will only be allowed to travel have access to your money and work if you have been chipped. that's not my personal opinion by the way before anybody gets offended. that's just what the theory is.

• Haha
Haven't been reading figures at all over the last fortnight. To be completely honest, I've become completely desensitised to it, I found myself saying 'only 600 deaths today, that's good' 🤦🏻‍♀️

The deaths by age (in England) is interesting though:
Age Deaths
0-19. 9
20-39 134
40-59. 1480
60-79. 7190
80+. 9607
Total 18,420

Think they need to start easing lockdown to allow people under 60 back to work, and shield the older/vulnerable for longer.

I've become more and more sceptical about the whole thing as time has gone on.
Have to say I agree. My husband was showing me these figures and no death is good but the media sensationalises a lot I think (is that the word..., it just doesn’t look right 😂 #lockdownfever melting my brain)

Reactions: 2
I dont understand why people think there will be no changes soon, he said nothing of that sort and again people are trying to interpret what he said to ease their own anxieties. He said we are coming towards end of phase 1 and will know in the next coming days what the government plans are. I think this was to prevent people breaking the rules more than anything really. Its clear to see neither of the government know whats going on or whats gonna happen. I think there will certainly be some easing of restrictions in a few weeks, the statement was to keep people going until then to flatten the curve even more. Italy has been in lockdown for 14 days longer than us and they are starting to ease lockdown as of next week. 18th of may will be more easing of restrictions and beginning of june hairdressers will be back at work - AND their healthcare system got overhelmed where as ours didnt, there is loads of empty hospital beds and also most Nightingales have no patients in and this is the said ‘peak’. We need to be optimistic here it really isnt as bad as everyone is making out.

Reactions: 11
Says loads of people are going back to work.
As Raab said, they didn’t expect as many businesses to stop working. They were businesses that were not told to close. Eg. Construction, hardware stores.

They have always said if businesses can work around the social distancing then they can remain open. So looks like those businesses are now getting back to work.

Reactions: 8
I dont understand why people think there will be no changes soon, he said nothing of that sort and again people are trying to interpret what he said to ease their own anxieties. He said we are coming towards end of phase 1 and will know in the next coming days what the government plans are. I think this was to prevent people breaking the rules more than anything really. Its clear to see neither of the government know whats going on or whats gonna happen. I think there will certainly be some easing of restrictions in a few weeks, the statement was to keep people going until then to flatten the curve even more. Italy has been in lockdown for 14 days longer than us and they are starting to ease lockdown as of next week. 18th of may will be more easing of restrictions and beginning of june hairdressers will be back at work - AND their healthcare system got overhelmed where as ours didnt, there is loads of empty hospital beds and also most Nightingales have no patients in and this is the said ‘peak’. We need to be optimistic here it really isnt as bad as everyone is making out.
I think it is a matter of interpretations, you say you think there will be easing in a few weeks imo the people who think restrictions will be lifted "soon" are usually referring to a few days. Going by the fact that we are 2-3 weeks behind Italy then it seems likely we will have to extend past the current deadline of the 7th.

Reactions: 4
I think it is a matter of interpretations, you say you think there will be easing in a few weeks imo the people who think restrictions will be lifted "soon" are usually referring to a few days. Going by the fact that we are 2-3 weeks behind Italy then it seems likely we will have to extend past the current deadline of the 7th.
Yeah i never expected anything to change until the next review date anyway i dont understand why people do. The more time the government can ‘buy’ themselves the better for them to sort everything out i imagine.

I don't think it will lift on the 7th I really don't. I wish it would bit I think it will be until the end of the month then lifting it then, even then as I keep seeing on here are they going to open the schools so people can go back to work? They cannot expect people to go back to work if there kids have nowhere to go.

I don't think it will lift on the 7th I really don't. I wish it would bit I think it will be until the end of the month then lifting it then, even then as I keep seeing on here are they going to open the schools so people can go back to work? They cannot expect people to go back to work if there kids have nowhere to go.
I don't think it will fully lift but i think there will be some changes and some more things will be lifted on the 7th. More places allowed to open with distancing measures, perhaps close family allowed to see each other provided they are not high risk. Who knows.

I know some people want us to be in lockdown as long as possible but the reality is we are going to have to lift restrictions and learn to live alongside the virus because a vaccine may never be successfully created and we can't just stay at home until we know one way or the other.

Reactions: 10
I feel so bloody miserable today 😩 I feel like it was good to see Boris and hear from him but I also feel like along with so many people the end of our tethers are approaching.
I will keep on, tomorrow is a new day and all that but god it sucks to feel miserable and rubbish doesn’t it?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
How would people like myself whose job involves going into people's homes go back to work? I'd have to bring my kids with me. 😒

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I feel so bloody miserable today 😩 I feel like it was good to see Boris and hear from him but I also feel like along with so many people the end of our tethers are approaching.
I will keep on, tomorrow is a new day and all that but god it sucks to feel miserable and rubbish doesn’t it?
I am of this camp too - and was all for the stay at home, save lives lockdown at the beginning. I didn't beleive them when they said they didn't want to lockdown too soon as people would be tired of it and stop complying but i am really getting there now.

It's had much more of an effect on my usually good mental health than i thought really and I'm shocked at how quickly.

You are not alone in feeling at the end of your tether but know it won't be too much longer. This too shall pass 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.