Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't find it on any official government or nhs twitter account though... strange if their desperate to circulate it on twitter...
Like I said I heard it on the radio then read that post I haven't checked ! but I'm sure if it's true we'll know soon enough....Do you not find it strange considering the length of time they've been researching this thing ,that no Scientist anywhere in the world is any further forward in working this virus out ..They're actually coming up with more question marks than full stops..

Reactions: 3
I feel so bloody miserable today 😩 I feel like it was good to see Boris and hear from him but I also feel like along with so many people the end of our tethers are approaching.
I will keep on, tomorrow is a new day and all that but god it sucks to feel miserable and rubbish doesn’t it?
Ah I have days like this too. Is there anything a bit different you can do today to make yourself feel better?

Reactions: 2
Like I said I heard it on the radio then read that post I haven't checked ! but I'm sure if it's true we'll know soon enough....Do you not find it strange considering the length of time they've been researching this thing ,that no Scientist anywhere in the world is any further forward in working this virus out ..They're actually coming up with more question marks than full stops..
No, because that actually isn't true. This virus is very new, it was only reported to the world on 31 December. In that time they have identified the make-up of the virus, learned a lot about the way it works, the incubation period, how it affects the body and started work on a vaccine. You keep making these claims recently that are totally unfounded. Identifying the structure of a virus often takes a lot longer than this. We are only 4 months in and a lot has been learned about this already so no it isn't strange at all because "no scientist anywhere in the world is any further along" is just nonsense.
A lot has been achieved in a short space of time, it isn't all doom and gloom!

Reactions: 19
Not really, they have sucessfully mapped the gene makeup and are learning more about the virus in order to produce the vaccine. Naturally as you find out more, you will have some further questions but it's early days.

Also you may have heard it on the radio but as the uk government or nhs havent uttered a word about it i wont take you hearing it on the radio or an article in the mail as gospel for now...

Reactions: 2
Ah I have days like this too. Is there anything a bit different you can do today to make yourself feel better?
i think we’ll head out on a walk once we get back, make the most of the dry weather before the rain comes in, and then later I’ll treat myself to a nice bath and an early night with my book!
I feel like I want to start browsing for a holiday for later this year but I also feel so hesitant about going away anytime soon

• Sad
Reactions: 5
So this woman I know has seriously infuriating me she has been offered full time work as a Health Care Assistant for the NHS...turned it down despite having her husband home to look after the children he does not work he is a student. despite turning down paid work as a HCA at this time when her local NHS trust has asked for their help, despite her being a student midwife (year 2) whose lectures etc have all been cancelled. she is not only sitting at home on her backside because she said she would be on similar £ as she would getting benefits???? she doesn't even go to the supermarket , she takes a vulnerable ASDA delivery and then moans because most of the things she ordered were not included... (they have no vulnerabilities)

How selfish on so many levels...she obviously isn't bothered about the NHS if she would rather sit at home on benefits that work as a HCA when she has been asked to because the money is similar....disgusting in my view.
Not selfish at all. I work as a mw and after seeing how little the government value our safety its not something I'd do for the wage of a hca.

Reactions: 12
GPs have received that info in an email I just happened to see it on the mail website.
This seems fishy as hell considering the Chinese scientist was adding an HIV compound to coronavirus in bats to find a way to infect human cells, she had conferences and presentations about her findings. I'm convinced it accidentally got out of their lab.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I'm lucky in a way as my husband is still at work, we love eachother but are both very much into our own space. We bicker it we spend too much time together ( more so because we just aren't used to it) can you make an evening just for you two, perhaps get a takeaway and a bottle of wine try band rekindle. Why don't you go for a walk in your own for a bit clear a bit of head space for yourself. If your only getting these feelings now its most likely because of the situation your in so try to look to the future and plan something for you both to do after lockdown. Like as soon as we get out of here let's go to the coast for the day etc.
Aside from today cos I have to run a few errands, I've gone completely nocturnal. I'm awake all night and usually just about to go to sleep as he wakes up. We spend a few hours together in the evening. Not doable for a lot of people and defo not a healthy way to live BUT if I had to spend every waking moment with him I'd 100% kill him. I've found the key to our happy marriage and I'm sticking with it. If you can, I urge you all to go nocturnal & save yourselves from the horrifying realisation that the person you chose to spend the rest of your life with is annoying af.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So this woman I know has seriously infuriating me she has been offered full time work as a Health Care Assistant for the NHS...turned it down despite having her husband home to look after the children he does not work he is a student. despite turning down paid work as a HCA at this time when her local NHS trust has asked for their help, despite her being a student midwife (year 2) whose lectures etc have all been cancelled. she is not only sitting at home on her backside because she said she would be on similar £ as she would getting benefits???? she doesn't even go to the supermarket , she takes a vulnerable ASDA delivery and then moans because most of the things she ordered were not included... (they have no vulnerabilities)

How selfish on so many levels...she obviously isn't bothered about the NHS if she would rather sit at home on benefits that work as a HCA when she has been asked to because the money is similar....disgusting in my view.
This is so judgemental, you should relax and just worry about yourself.
It sounds like they are both in full time education, so hardly disgusting freeloaders. As far as I am aware no supermarket has said their slots should be reserved for the vulnerable and they all or at least most have a different service available for vulnerable people to get deliveries.

Plus lectures might have been cancelled but her and her husband will still have to complete all the usual work related to their courses, university hasn't been cancelled full stop. I imagine it wouldn't be easy for her husband to complete his degree at home while looking after their children full time if she was to go into full time work.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
No, because that actually isn't true. This virus is very new, it was only reported to the world on 31 December. In that time they have identified the makeup of the virus, learned a lot about the way it works and started work on a vaccine. You keep making these claims recently that are totally unfounded. Identifying the structure of a virus often takes a lot longer than this. We are only 4 months in and a lot has been learned about this already so no it isn't strange at all because "no scientist anywhere in the world is any further" is just nonsense.
A lot has been achieved in a short space of time.
How am I making unfounded claims ? I said this virus is an UNKNOWN ? The Chinese Scientist's working on it have identified 30+ different mutations alone..So unless you have any hard evidence I'll keep believing the snippets I read and see from different sources ...."No smoke without fire" is one of my favourite sayings..I'll leave it at that (y)

• Heart
This is so judgemental, you should relax and just worry about yourself.
It sounds like they are both in full time education, so hardly disgusting freeloaders. As far as I am aware no supermarket has said their slots should be reserved for the vulnerable and they all or at least most have a different service available for vulnerable people to get deliveries.

Plus lectures might have been cancelled but her and her husband will still have to complete all the usual work related to their courses, university hasn't been cancelled full stop. I imagine it wouldn't be easy for her husband to complete his degree at home while looking after their children full time if she was to go into full time work.
In some instances i might agree with you.

But they have themselves said that they dont have any studying to do...and she would do the HCA work if it was worth it was paid more than benefits.

and all of the other students on her course have gone to do the HCA work the NHS have asked them to do. they arent sitting around

One of my friends sent me this. I was of the mindset “we are all in the same boat” but this has made me think differently.

30F3FC63-E8CC-4BFD-97C9-537C36A6AF03.jpeg

I’m also having a down day today, just want to go back to bed and pull the covers over my head.
Instead I’m going to have a shower and wash my hair and have a little blub in there if I want to. Then afterwards I’ll paint on a happy face again.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Back in 2017 i got a job as an apprentice hca i quit after 2 days it was awful i honestly dont know how people do it. So i dont blame her for not wanting to do it.

• Heart

Why are you letting someone else's situation bother you so much?
There's enough going on in our own lives, focus on that than working yourself up over something which has nothing to do with you.

I'm sure she has her reasons for not wanting to work in HC, protecting her family and not getting fucked for crappy wages is a fair reason for not wanting to go.

Slots in supermarkets are for everyone, if they weren't, she wouldn't get one.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.