Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bit controversial compared to many other tattlers opinions but my kids will be going straight into school when they open and I wonā€™t be worried doing so šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Cases are very very low here and I feel like that it will be the best thing for them all round.
I have a 3yr old and heā€™s going bonkers being at home with Disney+. Canā€™t wait to throw him out of the car window into nursery, and then do a donut out the car park and screech off into the sunset

• Haha
Reactions: 69
I have a 3yr old and heā€™s going bonkers being at home with Disney+. Canā€™t wait to throw him out of the car window into nursery, and then do a donut out the car park and screech off into the sunset
Absolutely pissing myself at this hahahahahaha! Same my friend šŸ‘ŠšŸ»

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Absolutely pissing myself at this hahahahahaha! Same my friend šŸ‘ŠšŸ»
im normally a gentle parent and super chill, but this past week heā€™s boiled my piss. He bit me today for no reason other than he can. His childcare is usually grandparents and nursery, so I canā€™t wait for them to be back open and running again.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Reassuring to see we are the only ones going up šŸ˜³

We were sent work from school to see us through to September. Schools close here in June rather than July so I donā€™t anticipate ours being back

In Belgium (or maybe Netherlands?!) theyā€™ve said they are starting kids back but only 10 in a classroom at a time. So no child will be in full time education, Iā€™m wondering if we will model on that? Theyā€™ll all do half weeks?

Reactions: 3
im normally a gentle parent and super chill, but this past week heā€™s boiled my piss. He bit me today for no reason other than he can. His childcare is usually grandparents and nursery, so I canā€™t wait for them to be back open and running again.
same! I totally understand. Still cracking up over your comment, honestly the best thing Iā€™ve ever read on here šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 5

We were sent work from school to see us through to September. Schools close here in June rather than July so I donā€™t anticipate ours being back

In Belgium (or maybe Netherlands?!) theyā€™ve said they are starting kids back but only 10 in a classroom at a time. So no child will be in full time education, Iā€™m wondering if we will model on that? Theyā€™ll all do half weeks?
God I hope so, my kid needs to go back to school or I'm going to ship him off to his grandparents with a letter saying 'do not return to sender'

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Surprising I know ! doesn't really fit with the briefings .....Schools will have the toughest challenge I feel..

94562343_3346335722043390_552708436400275456_o.png

Reactions: 3
Bit controversial compared to many other tattlers opinions but my kids will be going straight into school when they open and I wonā€™t be worried doing so šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Cases are very very low here and I feel like that it will be the best thing for them all round.
Iā€™d like to know what they are going to advise universities and their students to do.
Covid could take ā€œFreshers Fluā€ to a whole new level. :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Iā€™d like to know what they are going to advise universities and their students to do.
I second this. I will be going on to post graduate education in September. I am worried about so much. Especially as I have a teenager with an underlying health condition.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I second this. I will be going on to post graduate education in September. I am worried about so much. Especially as I have a teenager with an underlying health condition.
Sadly university students seem to have been forgotten.
Some are still paying rent on empty rooms and have lost their part time jobs which helped supplement them.
Also, the majority have already signed contracts for the next academic years accommodation starting in September and have to make the first instalment in the summer.
There is no way they could do social distancing at uni in lectures or in practicals, there are too many students.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I have one at School, one at College and one at Uni and I want them all to go back!!

First person I know had been tested positive. Wouldnt say a friend but someone I talk to at work. They are keeping well. Got tested yesterday (at a drive thru, they are a key worker) and their results came back today.
Good to know they are keeping well.

The medical experts have always said that most people who get it will get a mild form of it but I think people forget that now and a lot seem to assume if they get it they will end up on a ventilator in ICU.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Boris has entered No 10......And Africa has seen a 40% increase in cases of the past 10 days....

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
My daughter is at Uni and says if they go back in Sept and no clubs or pubs open everyone will just have house parties. When she first started at Uni she was ill constantly for the first year so definitely had 'freshers flu' but she doesn't want Coronavirus so not sure how they will police it?

Reactions: 4
I just dont see how they can expect us all to go back to work if non essential businesses reopen with children not being able to go to school. Majority of us rely of school for childcare purposes if we are to work. I think both are very interlinked with one another - if the non essential businesses start to reopen and expect their staff back then schools will need to re open too inevitably. I feel like its gonna be as In september scary as it is now as its the unknown we are scared of. The virus will still be around in a year - no one can keep us in for that long nor would we have any jobs to go back to if that was the case. I expect everything will start re opening very soon including schools.

Also its absolutely natural that people are relaxing with the lockdown - we are used to freedom and are at the end of the day human beings. Government knows they wont be able to keep us in for long. Dont think they are helping the situation by keeping it a massive secret what the lockdown exit might entail - maybe if people were aware of whats to come they would think right ok iā€™ll carry on staying home as in a few weeks iā€™ll be able to see some of my family or be able to do this that and the other where as now people are thinking well god knows whats gonna happen so it wont harm to see some of my family members etc. Of course its not the right thing to do and i have stuck to the lockdown 100% as hard as it is but i can definitely see why people are getting impatient - the government are not treating us as adults at all so people will stop complying soon - in fact a lot already are and i dont blame them šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.