Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reassuring to see we are the only ones going up 😳

We were sent work from school to see us through to September. Schools close here in June rather than July so I don’t anticipate ours being back

In Belgium (or maybe Netherlands?!) they’ve said they are starting kids back but only 10 in a classroom at a time. So no child will be in full time education, I’m wondering if we will model on that? They’ll all do half weeks?
In Scotland they have mentioned doing part time schooling.
It's nice in theory but what about those of us that are working the days the children aren't in scheduled to go in?
This approach will require a lot of understanding and flexibility from employers if it's going to work..

Reactions: 7
It's nice in theory but what about those of us that are working the days the children aren't in scheduled to go in?
This approach will require a lot of understanding and flexibility from employers if it's going to work..
My daughters school have emailed to say they are in process of appointing another teacher for one year to teach children in small single aged groups monday - thursday. Im still confused as to what it means but dont see them appointing teachers right now if schools were to remain shut till september.

Reactions: 1
Surprising I know ! doesn't really fit with the briefings .....Schools will have the toughest challenge I feel..

View attachment 117277
Even if you can have them safely distanced in a classroom, they won’t stay that way. You can’t explain to 5yos to stay apart because they’ll forget they have to 🤣

Yes, I struggle to see how it can work, it will certainly be a challenge. But then again who would have thought we would ever have been in the current situation so who knows?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My daughters school have emailed to say they are in process of appointing another teacher for one year to teach children in small single aged groups monday - thursday. Im still confused as to what it means but dont see them appointing teachers right now if schools were to remain shut till september.
Oh that's intriguing! I'm struggling not knowing a timescale for the school issue.I realise it's not a simple decision but it's making me anxious

Reactions: 3
Even if you can have them safely distanced in a classroom, they won’t stay that way. You can’t explain to 5yos to stay apart because they’ll forget they have to 🤣

Yes, I struggle to see how it can work, it will certainly be a challenge. But then again who would have thought we would ever have been in the current situation so who knows?
No it would never work! my boy and his friends be coming out of school like it's the Royal Rumble 🤼‍♂️🤼‍♀️ they'd need someone on permanent standby with a whip:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This may be a stupid question but why are conspiracy theorists so against a vaccine?
What exactly do they think it's going to do to them??
I legit don't understand. Do they think the government can...control them with it? How??

Reactions: 4
I have one at School, one at College and one at Uni and I want them all to go back!!

Good to know they are keeping well.

The medical experts have always said that most people who get it will get a mild form of it but I think people forget that now and a lot seem to assume if they get it they will end up on a ventilator in ICU.
My husband quoted me the figures yesterday and the odds are in our favour! It’s just ultimately down to your how your body reacts. You never hear about the recoveries just the sad stories. Also when they say no underlying health issues. They may not have any diagnosed illness but some people get ill a lot from colds etc And some people don’t. So it could be their immune systems just simply aren’t as strong in the first place. Every single number is a sad number but I can’t sit in my house cleaning everything that enters it waiting to be attacked by it. Obviously we will continue to be careful but I have to have some sort of reasonable new normal for the future.

This may be a stupid question but why are conspiracy theorists so against a vaccine?
What exactly do they think it's going to do to them??
I legit don't understand. Do they think the government can...control them with it? How??
I honestly don’t know. Some people think the virus was unleashed upon us. Don’t know if people think the vaccine is a tracker or what!

Reactions: 12
Also seen people talking about the government having your DNA from being tested. Not being funny but I don't really give a duck if they did, they could even track my movements if they like they'd soon get bored when they realise I'm either at work or at home eating cheese and reading tattle. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
My husband quoted me the figures yesterday and the odds are in our favour! It’s just ultimately down to your how your body reacts. You never hear about the recoveries just the sad stories. Also when they say no underlying health issues. They may not have any diagnosed illness but some people get ill a lot from colds etc And some people don’t. So it could be their immune systems just simply aren’t as strong in the first place. Every single number is a sad number but I can’t sit in my house cleaning everything that enters it waiting to be attacked by it. Obviously we will continue to be careful but I have to have some sort of reasonable new normal for the future.

I honestly don’t know. Some people think the virus was unleashed upon us. Don’t know if people think the vaccine is a tracker or what!
We're not really "living" atm we're "surviving" there's a big difference..

Reactions: 11
I can just see it now...it'll be bloody bedlam. Parents trying to drop their kids off at school whilst trying to stay a safe distance apart. The kids not giving a tit and all running to their friends without a care in the world.

Then comes pick up time, and all parents are stood in a line 2 metres apart stretching right back 3 streets away. Once inside the school gates all standing there talking in loud voices to each other because they can't hear what Sandra is saying 12 metres away. Out come the kids all huddled together and not giving a tit. 😂😂😂.

It'll be fun, there's no doubt about that. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Then there’s also the issue of teachers with children too.. because they will still be there full time but their own children will only be in school part time... not sure how that will work.

Reactions: 12
They likely mean from September to catch up and close gaps. I think a lot of schools will want to do this but it all depends on budgets.

Reactions: 2
same! I totally understand. Still cracking up over your comment, honestly the best thing I’ve ever read on here 🤣🤣
Im dead pleased I’ve made someone’s night! I do feel sorry for him; he is missing his Nana and Papa, swimming, tumble twats lessons... and whenever I’ve taken him out for a walk, it’s really boring. I’m such a hippie parent and I don’t allow screen time... and now I’m like you want Elsa? You got it!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Did anybody just watch the documentary think it was on channel 4. That guy spoke a lot of sense and essentially saying just tell us your plan, you’ve got a couple of choices which one are you taking and tell us!

Also seen people talking about the government having your DNA from being tested. Not being funny but I don't really give a duck if they did, they could even track my movements if they like they'd soon get bored when they realise I'm either at work or at home eating cheese and reading tattle. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I always think this. I don’t have an Alexa but saw somebody comment on fb OMG don’t get an Alexa they’re listening in. They can listen in for all I care! They’ll hear me ask twenty times what my kids want for tea, my kids tell me, I cook it and then them say no didn’t want that 😂 nothing exciting cracking off here!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Ok I know this is slightly off topic and I am in his own forum as he drives me mad but I'm fed up of people acting like Joe Wicks is some sort of Saint during this.

Saying what he is doing is amazing. He has always had free content online and the reason he does that is it gets him views on his you tube and instrgram etc and gets him followers to buy his books, workout plans, cookwear etc

He is donating the money from the PE live videos to the NHS but it's only from these videos not all his videos. His followers have gone from 800,000 to over 2 million so he will be making significant money on his channel. Most schools are listing it as PE in home schooling either the lives or his other videos he has for kids. So he is getting huge traffic just sent his way. He isn't even doing PE it's just his same HITT workouts which aren't the best for young kids.

He killed himself promoting it across the world and was desperate to get a million live views (which he didn't) and he has been beside himself talking about how many viewers he is getting and asking people what it is about him that inspires them etc

He also put his online plan half price and announced on Instagram that it has been the busiest week they have ever had and he has sold a record number of plans.

There are so many people giving out free content just now from fitness to concerts to shows etc and I haven't seen them getting anywhere near the praise he has and is clearly cashing in on it all bigtime ! There is even talk of him getting a TV show out of it.

So yes if I see one more thing calling for him to be bloody knighted I may throw my phone out the window 👍😬🍷

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Only thing I'm guilty of is telling my daughter its wayyy past her bed time, when really its half an hour before. So I can crack a bottle of wine open in peace 🤐

• Haha
Reactions: 14
He isn't even doing PE it's just his same HITT workouts which aren't the best for young kids.
His attempt at PE is tit and pretty much unusable for KS1 and EYFS kids. And boring AF - he spends more time talking than doing anything.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I
Ok o know this is slightly off topic and I am in his own forum as he drives me mad but I'm fed up of people acting like Joe Wicks is some sort of Saint during this.

Saying what he is doing is amazing. He has always had free content online and the reason he does that is it gets him views on his you tube and instrgram etc and gets him followers to buy his books, workout plans, cook wear etc

He is donating the money from the PE live videos to the NHS but it's only these videos not all his videos. His followers have gone from 800,000 to over 2 million so he will be making significant money on his channel. Most schools are listing it as PE in home schooling either the lives or his other videos he has for kids. So he is getting huge traffic just sent his way. He isn't even doing PE it's just his same HITT workouts which aren't the best for young kids.

He killed himself promoting it across the world and was desperate to get a million live views (which he didn't) and he has been beside himself talking about him many viewers he is getting and asking people what it is about him that inspires them etc

He also put his online plan half price and announced on Instagram that it has been the busiest week they have ever had and he has sold a record number of plans.

There are so many people giving out free content just now from fitness to concerts to shows etc and I haven't seen them getting anywhere near the praise he has and is clearly cashing in on it all bigtime ! There is even talk of him getting a TV show out of it.

So yes if I see one more thing calling for him to be bloddy knighted I may throw my phone out the window 👍😬🍷
I can't stand him. He's so far up his own arse there's only his feet sticking out🙄. An ego bigger than Everest😡

• Heart
Reactions: 11
His attempt at PE is tit and pretty much unusable for KS1 and EYFS kids. And boring AF - he spends more time talking than doing anything.
My teenager is very sporty and PE is his favourite lesson at school but he's not impressed with Joe's workouts and also hates the talking. He did it 3 times then said he doesn't like him and the exercises are rubbish!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.