Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is frightening. Thoughts?
*if you have time to sit through it.

Reactions: 1
Not sure how they can social distance in schools
I thought the exact same thing, it's laughable. The classrooms arent big enough for 10 pupils to stay 2 metres apart let alone 30 of them. Then you have the whole school run issue with hundreds of parents all milling in and out of the same playgrounds. Dinner halls that can only just find space for the number of children needing to eat, imagine having them all spread out.
Our head is saying September at the earliest still and she was the one who told us about the school closures a week before they happened after attending a large meeting, so I'll believe her until BJ says otherwise.

Reactions: 6
888 yesterday.
No you quoted 500 odd for today
It’s just when they release the figures they actually stated only 100 odd were in the last 24 hours and the rest of the figure is from deaths over the last 3 weeks that have only just hit the records today
I just can’t find the article that normally breaks the numbers down

Maybe the lockdown was too slow but they had already started testing and contact tracing in January
I don't get this testing thing the more I read reports on it 80% accurate they're saying ..And I don't understand contact tracing if I passed you on the st and sneezed I don't know you ,and your gone in a flash 🤷‍♀️

I thought the exact same thing, it's laughable. The classrooms arent big enough for 10 pupils to stay 2 metres apart let alone 30 of them. Then you have the whole school run issue with hundreds of parents all milling in and out of the same playgrounds. Dinner halls that can only just find space for the number of children needing to eat, imagine having them all spread out.
Our head is saying September at the earliest still and she was the one who told us about the school closures a week before they happened after attending a large meeting, so I'll believe her until BJ says otherwise.
Exactly. Try keeping kids apart. It’s like herding kittens.

And pick up and drop off?

Madness.

Reactions: 8
I don't get this testing thing the more I read reports on it 80% accurate they're saying ..And I don't understand contact tracing if I passed you on the st and sneezed I don't know you ,and your gone in a flash 🤷‍♀️
They did contact tracing on my other half back in January as he was working and in contact with one of the first cases in the uk

Reactions: 4
I'm actually genuinely scared that the government end this lockdown too early
Unfortunately they are going to have to in some respects.

This disease is going to come in waves, we can't say in lock down like this until a vaccine is made.

I feel it is more likely they will relax the lock down and then as cases start to rise again we will have another lock down. This cycle will just repeat until there is a vaccine.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
View attachment 112515

Sorry if it's been posted already but I've had about 10 people send me this today. I don't believe it at all.
We all know this will carry on until a vaccine is ready so it makes sense to open things back up again slowly, especially as the NHS isn’t struggling. There’s a high chance things might be open for a few months and we go into another lockdown but by June the 15th we would of been on lockdown for 12 weeks so I don’t think it’s strange for things to be opening up again by then.

View attachment 112515

Sorry if it's been posted already but I've had about 10 people send me this today. I don't believe it at all.
I see some truth in that tbh some small businesses are opening up here this week again and going by all the medical officers they're still plenty of "head room" yet in the ICU units. so maybe they are considering getting the wheels moving again all be it slowly ,the economy is already crippled how much longer could they let it go on for ..

Reactions: 2
No you quoted 500 odd for today
It’s just when they release the figures they actually stated only 100 odd were in the last 24 hours and the rest of the figure is from deaths over the last 3 weeks that have only just hit the records today
I just can’t find the article that normally breaks the numbers down
Oh sorry, I didn't understand your question.

That info is not available yet. It comes out later in the day but couldn't even find it for yesterdays figures so not sure how often they publish that data?

I don't feel anywhere near ready to let my children back to school or for my husband to go back to work. We've not even hit peak yet let alone began to stabilise

Reactions: 10
My Dad, who is sheilding was under the impression they would 'let out' the 20-30 year olds first. Ive no idea how you could manage that with childcare, places being shut etc but apparently he saw/heard a scientific adviser saying that.
He is under the impression he will be sheilding for the rest of the year at least until a vaccine is found.
Im not so sure. I dont actually think the government know what the plan is yet and that is why they won't commit to answering those questions.
I think they are waiting to see how other countries do it and what impact that has on the curve and i think they are trying to gather even more data to give them a better idea on what things to relax and when.

They did contact tracing on my other half back in January as he was working and in contact with one of the first cases in the uk
Yes maybe for one person it can work !what I mean is does it actually work as a whole ? thounds of people can pick it up in one day and pass it on in one day ..How can they all be traced 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.