Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't jump on me here, I'm not a conspiracy nut but I was unnerved today watching BBC News a few minutes ago. A young girl (probably 18/19) was on talking about her dad who she lost to CV at Easter and she appeared to be totally unfazed and smiling whilst parroting the message about staying in. I know grief is different for everyone but this isn't the first time I've seen this with relatives just days or weeks into the grieving process appearing on telly appearing quite upbeat. I lost my dad in my 30s and it completely floored me - God only knows what it would have done to me in my teens. Have I been in lockdown too long or does anyone else get what I'm saying?
Certainly not jumping on you but my dad passed away on 30th March. Cause of death was Covid19 BUT he was very poorly prior to contracting it for a good few years. It has obviously affected us massively but I would also say that some days I am positive. Perhaps I do feel he’s in a better place and that’s why I don’t appear grief stricken. People on the outside might actually assume I’m upbeat.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Nicola Sturgeon has tweeted its basically bollocks.
The papers put their own agenda out about all this.
Well of course they do. Plus this was reported yesterday then 'lo and behold you can only read the Times article if you subscribe!

Britons have been urged to buy a newspaper as the press grapples "with the biggest existential crisis in its history".

The newspaper business has come under increasing strain amid the coronavirus pandemic, with falling advertising revenue and declining circulation.

Two of the UK's biggest publishers have cut wages for staff in the latest round of measures to mitigate the impact of the crisis.

Reactions: 1
One thing I will say,
I would bleeping hate to be involved in making decisions now.

who opens when, who can go where when, what can be held when 🙄

you’re basically holding your finger on the trigger not knowing if there’s a bullet in the gun.

Reactions: 25
You need to read the article. It is not about him working whilst having the virus. He missed 5 cobra meetings in Jan/Feb to discuss the virus. He ignored all the warnings and it is the reason we are in this mess.
Have they got proof he missed the COBRA meetings?

Plus the WHO didn't declare it a pandemic until 12th March?

Don't jump on me here, I'm not a conspiracy nut but I was unnerved today watching BBC News a few minutes ago. A young girl (probably 18/19) was on talking about her dad who she lost to CV at Easter and she appeared to be totally unfazed and smiling whilst parroting the message about staying in. I know grief is different for everyone but this isn't the first time I've seen this with relatives just days or weeks into the grieving process appearing on telly appearing quite upbeat. I lost my dad in my 30s and it completely floored me - God only knows what it would have done to me in my teens. Have I been in lockdown too long or does anyone else get what I'm saying?
Yes I've seen a few relatives on BBC News talking literally the day after their loved one died and don't even appear upset. Sad to say but I do think some people have enjoyed the limelight during this time.

[/QUOTE]
Not really sure what your trying to get at? That these people are pretending to have lost someone and it’s all a big lie?

No, I'm not saying that as I know people who have been affected but I just feel that some of the videos aired on TV are a bit propaganda-like.

Have they got proof he missed the COBRA meetings?
I don’t think they’re attempting to say he did attend? Only that it wasn’t necessary he was there?

Most governments were aware of how serious the situation was before it was officially declared a pandemic. The WHO really did duck this up.

Reactions: 10
You need to read the article. It is not about him working whilst having the virus. He missed 5 cobra meetings in Jan/Feb to discuss the virus. He ignored all the warnings and it is the reason we are in this mess.
Yes well weather he was tossing his hair or whatever else his reasons were for being absent, the point is he was well informed of all the outcomes of those meetings and should have acted accordingly....Then maybe the UK wouldn't be expected to have the hightest death rate in Europe (but I'm sure he already knows that ) 😑

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Certainly not jumping on you but my dad passed away on 30th March. Cause of death was Covid19 BUT he was very poorly prior to contracting it for a good few years. It has obviously affected us massively but I would also say that some days I am positive. Perhaps I do feel he’s in a better place and that’s why I don’t appear grief stricken. People on the outside might actually assume I’m upbeat.
I am very sorry for your loss and I hope my ramblings haven't offended you. I completely get that there are good days and bad days - god it's over 20 years since I lost my dad and some days I still miss him and cry like a baby, I was just surprised at how polished this girl seemed.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes well weather he was tossing his hair or whatever else his reasons were for being absent, the point is he was well informed of all the outcomes of those meetings and should have acted accordingly....Then maybe the UK wouldn't be expected to have the hightest death rate in Europe (but I'm sure he already knows that ) 😑
Maybe the lockdown was too slow but they had already started testing and contact tracing in January

I am very sorry for your loss and I hope my ramblings haven't offended you. I completely get that there are good days and bad days - god it's over 20 years since I lost my dad and some days I still miss him and cry like a baby, I was just surprised at how polished this girl seemed.
Absolutely not offended at all, it takes a lot to offend me 😊

so sorry for your loss too 💕

Iv had a message from one of my managers today. I work in hospitality, in food industry. She thinks we will be opening back up middle of May.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Industry are definitely being told messages, as I said the other day the construction industry has been told to get mobilised for being back on site on external projects in 2 weeks

Reactions: 5
Prime minister didnt care enough to work the hours, really?? He was working through being sick with Covid-19 and ended up in hospital with it. What’s he meant to do? You think he’s sitting at home with his xbox or something?

I don’t subscribe to the times so not sure what they article said but I doubt he was doing nothing

The article is more about the months before he became ill.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.