Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get where your coming from s lady I know had been struggling so bad to get pregnant, she managed in the end, just before lockdown she announced it, I feel so bad for her though as I am sure she is bricking it as it will be hard for her to access all the checkups she may need for peace of mind. I don't know if she is high-risk or not as I don't think before this she had ever been pregnant. I am worrying so bad for her.
It shouldn't make a difference to her care. The only thing that will change is that she will have to attend appointments on her own, which isn't nice but she will still have scans etc.

My appointments have carried on, the midwife wears PPE and I have to go alone but other than that it's business as usual. My appointments are at my GP surgery so I'm glad I don't have to go to the hospital.

Some people have had their antenatal appointment cancelled or changed to phone appointments but the Royal College of Midwives and Royal College of Obs and Gyne have said antenatal appointment t's should continue as normal. They can't check your wee, blood pressure or bump growth over the phone.

This has been added to our neighbourhood page this morning
Does anyone know where did this traffic light thing appear from? I've seen people share it on my Facebook too but no link to where it came from.

Also...question for anyone...when the lock down is lifted i assume it will be done in stages like this, at what point do you think we can visit family and friends? When non essential businesses reopen or when schools open? I'm not particularly looking forward to seeing my mother in law (that has been my favourite thing about lock down) but looking forward to seeing my own parents.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
The people that make this stuff up and spread it around like facts really wind me up. This isn’t official policy and so many people are going to think it is. I just don’t understand why people spend their time making this stuff up.
It's come from the daily fail, you can't expect much better from them. It's literally their job to make this tit up

People are going to share is since it has come from the "news", you can't really blame them (apart from being stupid enough to believe the daily mail).

I've also seen this. Simple Politics on Instagram are usually quite good and it's a bit more realistic and doesn't give exact dates but their source on this is Buzzfeed so 🤔
Screenshot_20200419-122317_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 4
It's come from the daily fail, you can't expect much better from them. It's literally their job to make this tit up

People are going to share is since it has come from the "news", you can't really blame them (apart from being stupid enough to believe the daily mail).

I've also seen this. Simple Politics on Instagram are usually quite good and it's a bit more realistic and doesn't give exact dates but their source on this is Buzzfeed so 🤔
View attachment 113142
Believe me I understand the want to get schools open but social distancing won’t happen! Kids don’t get it. In my head I’m wondering if they’ll just do one or two year groups a day for a bit so they’re all part time and maybe only have ten children per classroom or something so they can distance that way.

Reactions: 3
And this is from Facebook for the past two weeks

And today there's someone asking for a bouncy castle to be delivered to home.
Funny you should say that I saw a bouncy castle van driving round yesterday !weather they were delivering or not I couldn't say ? but that behaviour I certainly wouldn't agree with .And anyone that would risk their family by ordering one is totally irresponsible IMO..

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know where did this traffic light thing appear from? I've seen people share it on my Facebook too but no link to where it came from.

Also...question for anyone...when the lock down is lifted i assume it will be done in stages like this, at what point do you think we can visit family and friends? When non essential businesses reopen or when schools open? I'm not particularly looking forward to seeing my mother in law (that has been my favourite thing about lock down) but looking forward to seeing my own parents.
It was printed yesterday in both the sun and the daily mail

Yessss this about the in laws!!

I’m kind of the same. I’ve enjoyed being in a bubble with baby but I’m really missing the support of family... but not the handing my baby over bit but I guess I can still maintain he needs to keep a distance!

Are we really still arguing in circles, we’re really still doing it?

still?

guys drop it, move on and agree to disagree.
I had no idea a simple comment about bread and milk could cause such a fuss 😐 I'm not even going to mention Haribos 🤩 ❤🍳💍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Believe me I understand the want to get schools open but social distancing won’t happen! Kids don’t get it. In my head I’m wondering if they’ll just do one or two year groups a day for a bit so they’re all part time and maybe only have ten children per classroom or something so they can distance that way.
Yeah I think it will be a different type of social distancing, it’s unfair to expect the kids to all stay 2m apart at break time etc. and they wouldn’t do it anyway.

They’ll probably just reduce the amount of kids in, year 11 and 13 won’t go back since exams are cancelled anyway. I would say it’s important for year 10 and 12 to go back as it will impact their exams next year and they do less classes/subjects anyway. Year 7 & 8 & 9 not as important.

Primary school is harder because if they’re not in school then they can’t be at home alone so it stops parents going back to work.

It’s a tricky situation because as long as school are closed then it makes it difficult to start to reopen other business because people haven’t got childcare. It’s difficult for the staff at schools though, even if the kids are sat spaced apart the teachers are still seeing a lot of different kids in one day.

Reactions: 5
So I am awake and up with zero plans. Any suggestions as to what exciting things I can do in my house today?

• Haha
Reactions: 2

That's one thing I like about where we come from we like to tell it like it is :LOL: you gotta love our honesty !! (I've no idea how they'll get round those things )..

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So I am awake and up with zero plans. Any suggestions as to what exciting things I can do in my house today?
Ignore this. I texted MIL last night if she needs anything and she does so... it’s shopping then 2 hour drive to drop off on her doorstep.

• Wow
I painted some skirting boards yesterday. They look amazing now. God I get excited by the simplest things since lockdown. Loser. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
You could search the internet and then insert a Noseybonk avatar picture - although I may regret suggesting that because he always gave me the creeps!
I take it that’s who you got your user name from?
Anyway, that’d kill about 5 minutes! 😁

Has anyone found any Trump memes relating to his coronavirus “arousal” speech yet? :sick:

• Haha
You could search the internet and then insert a Noseybonk avatar picture - although I may regret suggesting that because he always gave me the creeps!
I take it that’s who you got your user name from?
Anyway, that’d kill about 5 minutes! 😁

Has anyone found any Trump memes relating to his coronavirus “arousal” speech yet? :sick:
God forbid 🥕 😬

I wish ! I wish !
93564247_3158775844154926_2640276805289771008_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Got any puzzles? Do you like painting? Baking? Meal prep? New recipes? Or just Netflix and a tit load of snacks?

Bake! If I didn’t have three little ones and a grown up little one (my husband) who are on some kind of rota so that I’m feeding one of them constantly, I’d be better (and getting fatter 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ignore this. I texted MIL last night if she needs anything and she does so... it’s shopping then 2 hour drive to drop off on her doorstep.
Wow that’s a long way to go. Is there no way to get her shopping delivered?

Reactions: 5
Wow that’s a long way to go. Is there no way to get her shopping delivered?
She can’t get a slot and there’s no one else. I dont mind at all. (Before anyone thinks I am being flippant about being stuck at home bored, I am really not. I work as part of an NHS support service and as we aren’t allowed in hospitals currently we are all furlowed. I would much rather be in work and I am still ringing colleagues to check how they are most days, and doing a couple of conference calls a week) Until the hospitals are ‘safe’ we won’t be allowed back so I expect to be here for a long time as we will be potentially one of the last services to reopen.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.