Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Might be a stupid question but not watched the daily briefings in a few days but I'm assuming we've not peaked yet?

Reactions: 1
Has Trump just seen a Buzzfeed article on how other countries handled the pandemic?
Let's name and shame countries...amazing Donald amazing!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Lockdown is working
A&e admissions are down , iccu admissions are down
New infected cases are stabilising
Traffic levels and transport levels are down
And they are saying we are through the first wave so what we are doing is working
It's not me saying its not working, it's everyone round where I live, and it's a bloody big city, that think lockdown is now over.

Hairdressers back open, pubs open, shops are open except charity shops, Sainsburys you can walk in in a group without waiting in line and no social distancing, protective screens at the counter have been taken down and tape removed off the floor. The gym is open, the wool shop is open and the takeaways and chip shops never closed.

Groups of people meeting up in the parks and lots of children playing on the play equipment. Driving lessons are taking place and buses are running.

And Facebook is full of people sharing ideas on how to get round lockdown, on how to go and see family (it's OK as long as you don't go in the house and just chat a couple of steps back from the door) people are saying if anyone quesorns what you are doing to just reply that you have a mental health condition and they can't tell you what to do.

It's like living in another world. I work 3 miles from home. If I leave at 7am in the sumer hols, it takes me 5 minutes to get to work. About 10 mins if I leave at 8. Last week it didn't take shorter than 20 minutes because the amount of cars on the road and that included people driving to the park for picnics and to meet up with friends.

The children who can't come to nursery have all been meeting up with parents in the park.

And not one sniff of a Police car anywhere.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Has Trump just seen a Buzzfeed article on how other countries handled the pandemic?
Let's name and shame countries...amazing Donald amazing!
It’s no fucks given Sunday.....😐
The toddler is allowed to run free and say what the duck he wants.

it really gets better and better as the weeks go on 🙂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Did anyone hear trump say “he’s a good lookin’ guy” when the video of the New York governor came on? It was very faint in the background but I definitely heard him🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
You don't hear the word mentioned ( ventilators) 😭 He's very confused tonight is he actually reading a speech or speaking off the top of his head....if it's a speech who's writing it 😂 Elmer Fudd 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m only up to “shopping” on DuoLingo (oh the irony!) does the swearing section come later?
You have took the sensible route🤣 i was extremely bored so thought duck it (excuse my french), i wanna know how to swear in Spanish... which will clearly come in handy what with all the travelling I'm currently doing

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh it's a shame he didn't play a clip of Cuoma telling Trump to stop sitting at home watching television and tweeting about him and get on with doing his job!

Trump asking the 'young geniuses' Do you want to work for the government?
No, I want to help our country 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
You have took the sensible route🤣 i was extremely bored so thought duck it (excuse my french), i wanna know how to swear in Spanish... which will clearly come in handy what with all the travelling I'm currently doing
Hmmm, I’m questioning your language abilities if you think that was French! 😁

Oo Trump is back onto ventilators!

• Haha
It's not me saying its not working, it's everyone round where I live, and it's a bloody big city, that think lockdown is now over.

Hairdressers back open, pubs open, shops are open except charity shops, Sainsburys you can walk in in a group without waiting in line and no social distancing, protective screens at the counter have been taken down and tape removed off the floor. The gym is open, the wool shop is open and the takeaways and chip shops never closed.

Groups of people meeting up in the parks and lots of children playing on the play equipment. Driving lessons are taking place and buses are running.

And Facebook is full of people sharing ideas on how to get round lockdown, on how to go and see family (it's OK as long as you don't go in the house and just chat a couple of steps back from the door) people are saying if anyone quesorns what you are doing to just reply that you have a mental health condition and they can't tell you what to do.

It's like living in another world. I work 3 miles from home. If I leave at 7am in the sumer hols, it takes me 5 minutes to get to work. About 10 mins if I leave at 8. Last week it didn't take shorter than 20 minutes because the amount of cars on the road and that included people driving to the park for picnics and to meet up with friends.

The children who can't come to nursery have all been meeting up with parents in the park.

Omg where do you live ? I live in a capital city and it’s ghost town can hardly even get one shop opened in a nornally busy high street with 100 plus streets

Are Haribos an essential journey ...I think he needs a distraction 🙃🤩

• Haha
I bet those three words didn't come up on Trump's phone call with President Xi in February either.

Might be a stupid question but not watched the daily briefings in a few days but I'm assuming we've not peaked yet?
Jenny didn’t like to say but said there are good signs. I think the reason they won’t say is that they think people will then ignore lockdown so she reiterated that the signs are good but we need to continue as we are to avoid another peak later.

Said she expects the figures will go up again tomorrow because of lag in data over weekends.

Apparently he wanted a radio show to address the nation. You are right, he is the drunk uncle who has to tell you every bit of news and every Facebook post he has seen.
Can you imagine being on a phone call/meeting with him...probably pulls out pics from his wrestling days!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Oh my goodness where do you live? How are pubs and shops open? I'm in a capital city and nothing is open other than supermarkets, etc. Its a ghost town.

Apparently he wanted a radio show to address the nation. You are right, he is the drunk uncle who has to tell you every bit of news and every Facebook post he has seen.
Can you imagine being on a phone call/meeting with him...probably pulls out pics from his wrestling days!
You'd need to be on Bill Gates wage to pay the bill 😂

• Haha
he was so bleeping pissed half of the video praising him was missing 🤣 I’m sure I saw his bottom lip wobble.... 😂

in other news, love a social distancing pigeon!!!
Pigeons > Humans

76564EBD-CC90-4B9A-9B63-8A188AAAD64A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Jesus what an aggressive man there wouldn't be many at his birthday parties anyway 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
“You’re pathetic” 🤣😂

I need to go to bed but I just can’t turn it off

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.