Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrsGarcia

Chatty Member
Enough of the lasagne talk please!
My son is 21 in a few weeks and we can’t go out to celebrate so I was going to make his favourite meal - lasagne.
Can’t get lasagne sheets anywhere.
Anyone know if there is a black market for lasagne sheets on the dark web?
Failing that in a week I’ll be setting up a go fund me page asking for pasta donations!
Sort of semi-serious re donations, I’m not proud! 😆

Stop taunting me with this lasagne talk! 🤬🤪
Snap. Got mountains of ragù in the freezer and haven't been able to get hold of lasagne sheets for weeks 😭

idk2

VIP Member
Sorry off topic but are EHCPs still being processed? Our Ed psych submitted her report for ours beginning of March. I know they say an average of 20 weeks (although I know some take a long time!) are they still being looked at and worked on? In my head I wanted it in place by sept... I know it’s probably wishful thinking!
I cant be 100% sure as depends on your local authority but for ours, they are still being processed however will be experiencing a lot of delays due to staff absences, unable to work from home (confidentiality) etc. (it'll be longer than 20 weeks now!) so its unlikely for September unfortunately however I know a lot of schools are doing their own risk assessments under discretion to allow child to attend school during this time if an EHCP is in the process. Hope that helped x

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Pretty rough to be honest. Struggling to cope with the diagnosis and what's happening in the world right now. Flit between thinking I'm ok one minute to being absolutely beside myself the next. Tying to stay strong for the kids.
I hope you have someone being strong for you x

We can, but everyone seems to be flocking to the countryside (where we live) to take their walks. My son has special needs also so we only go out every few days as he's absolutely terrified of getting sick.
This is another example of people flouting the rules, especially if they don't live where you live and drive their for walks, it shouldn't be happening.

Im sorry that you are struggling and I hope it gets easier for you x

Mycuppatea

Just looked him up!

(cut and paste this part!)

He trained as a paediatrician and has expertise in maternal and child health epidemiology and programmes in developing countries. He contributes papers on paediatrics, maternal health, health economics, health systems, child development, nutrition and infectious disease.

His areas of scientific expertise include the evaluation of community interventions on maternal and newborn mortality, community mobilisation through women's groups, the cost-effectiveness of interventions, community and social life saving treatments for maternal and newborn mortality in the poorest populations, and links between sustainable livelihoods and nutrition. He is currently exploring the health effects of climate change in south Asia and Africa.

So his area of expertise is children?
Also epidemiology and infectious diseases.

Squarehole

VIP Member
This came up on my feed:

View attachment 110790
We are in the same area 👋

Also this is worrying. I wonder how long they will be delayed. Would a three week delay on these types of screenings mean a worse survival chance for anyone diagnosed ?

I was sure I heard Nicola Sturgeon specifically say camera treatments would go ahead as normal (I know this is screening not treatment) but from people's responses that seems not to be true. I do know of someone who was diagnosed just before this all kicked off and is still receiving treatment though.

Titntat

VIP Member
Over 500 reported on the spanish news today so I don't understand this number
No I dont either. Think it needs correcting...

monga

VIP Member
Aw don’t. I know it’s happening more frequently but at least, in between the crap, we can still have a laugh on here.
And to the rest of you, don’t think I havent noticed the L word in your posts - complete lack of empathy, you should be ashamed! 🤪
View attachment 111097
Edit: damn that pic has made me hungry now.
Aww thanks your too kind xx My Influencer is MIA once she returns I'll be taking my frustrations out on her 😂 (looks good btw made one yesterday)