Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

boredjess

VIP Member
PicsArt_04-16-11.54.26.jpg

What a number 🤪

Shortly after he finished the fundraiser, the retired soldier had words of advice for the nation about coping with the coronavirus lockdown.

"You've all got to remember that we will get through it in the end, it will all be right," he said.

"For all those people finding it difficult at the moment, the sun will shine on you again and the clouds will go away."

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
More people will be damaged by that than who die from covid in the end
I wanna start by saying this is not aimed at you.
But this is fast becoming the tag line for people who haven’t got a fucking clue what they’re talking about (especially on twitter)
people who are frustrated and think they know better,
the same people that kicked off when lockdown wasn’t declared are now dragging around “mental health“ soapboxes calling for it to be abolished. It’s nonsensical.

reality is we’re all frustrated, we all need to accept whats happening and ride it out, nobody has been left without support financially, the government (of almost all countries) are doing their best to support as many effected as they can, people are not going without a wage, i do worry about vulnerable people, I do worry about the elderly and depressed but what do people want,
damned if you do damned if you don’t at this point.

nobody can control this. Nobody.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Can you be bored - fuck yes

Can you be upset your holiday is cancelled - fuck yes

Can you be pissed you kids are home 24/7 - FUCK YES!!!!

condescending patronizing twats GET OFF on shit like this, social media is filled with them, they must have lost their shit when they realised the amount of judgment they could pass on others when they heard the word “pandemic”

we don’t need to constantly compare ourselves to someone who is worse off,
most humans can separate their own concerns, upset, frustrations and fear whilst feeling sadness or empathy for others....
You don’t only feel one feeling!!

I’m so sick of the “but look who has it worse” crew.

get to fuck with that shit and let me soak in my misery with a lasagna for 5 minutes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

Puddlesandpuddings

Has my dad's funeral today with 9 of us which is more than sone areas are permitting so was grateful fir that.
No limos no flowers but they did let ys put the chairs together in family groups.
And yes we did all hug in the car park and break the rules but we've all been isolating inside for two weeks and we all just needed the support. And tonight I'm just too sad and fed up with everything to even care.

• Sad
Reactions: 40

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
I’ve missed out on so much of this thread! I’ve been teaching my children Latin, Pythagoras theorem, the history of ancient Egypt, how to make a hollandaise sauce from scratch and finishing our day with a 15 mile run (whilst maintaining a 2 meter distance obviously). I’m doing this whilst working from home and keeping up with household chores.

NAAAAAAAAT

We are all just about watered and fed and on the brink of hating each other. House is a shithole and been living on Pom bears, brioches and raisins.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Albs

Honestly the government can’t win. A few weeks ago everyone was in uproar that we needed lockdown, now the lockdown is still in place people want it relaxing. I thought it was pretty obvious things was gonna stay as the are as the deaths are still high.
I fully understand people are struggling with mental health & other issues. But think of it this way, if they was relaxed some will think thats the green light to do what they want, the virus will spread like wildfire. Then them same people who want it relaxing will then be in uproar when themselves or family members can’t get hospital treatment because the hospitals won’t have the room or staff to treat everybody all at once.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Wish people would stop moaning we’re in a pandemic people are loosing their lives. Just stay at home deal with it and shut up. God

• Haha

Jess269

I think its going to be kicking off on my street later. somone reported the person over the road going out all the time (police came and he was out 😂) so he then reported the person he suspected had reported him and they came out to them. the police then went back to that guys house but he had gone out again 🤦‍♀️ so that backfired. They are now slagging each other off on Facebook thats my entertainment for the evening sorted.

• Haha
  • Wow

Noseybonk

VIP Member
As long as we aren’t back on the sex doll subject again!:eek:
I have a sex doll story! I didn’t want to derail with it last night but what the hell... when we were 18 my best mates boyfriend was 21. She dumped him and wouldn’t say why. She told me years later that she had a nosey in his room and he had a sex doll in his wardrobe. He told her it was a joke 21st present from his mates, but she said the mouth was knackered and “well used” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry if I have offended anyone but this is one of those golddust stories that HAD to be shared. 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

hrh89

VIP Member
Wish people would stop moaning we’re in a pandemic people are loosing their lives. Just stay at home deal with it and shut up. God
mmm yes just stay at home and shut up... how lovely. It’s not so easy. How about some sympathy for those with extreme mental health issues? Or disabilities? It’s not just a case of stay home. It’s fucking hard and no one is taking away from the awful fact of people dying but it’s a horrible awful time and not just a case of staying in and watching tv. That sounds lovely but in reality it’s not.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

4tuhju

A bit offtopic but the alid box launches tomorrow and it's £29.99 including delivery. So a bit cheaper than Morrisons and adding more availability :)

Aldi’s food parcels will contain the following 22 items
  • Antibacterial Handwash
  • Aloe Vera Toilet Tissue 4pk
  • Choceur Milk Chocolate Bar (Mixed Case)
  • UHT Green Semi Skimmed Milk
  • Rice Pudding
  • Salted Peanuts
  • Biscuit Barrel Assortment
  • Gold Label Tea
  • Instant Coffee
  • Premium Baked Beans
  • Premium Plum Tomatoes
  • Bolognese Pasta Sauce
  • Tuna Chunks In Brine 4pack
  • Bramwells Carrot & Coriander Soup (Mixed Case)
  • Tomato Soup
  • Minestrone Soup
  • Chilli Con Carne
  • Basmati Rice 1kg
  • Fusili
  • Part Baked Brown Roll
  • Sliced Carrots
  • 4 Pack Sweetcorn
I was waiting for the punchline reading this 🤦‍♀️ I was expecting some of the random middle isle stuff at the bottom
-uht milk
-sweetcorn
-pasta
-bird feeder
-24 piece socket set
-candle making kit

• Haha
Reactions: 30

cushtybert

VIP Member
apologies for the long post but I saw this on Facebook just now and thought it was funny 😄

Stay home unless you need to go out...

As we enter the next 3 weeks of lockdown here is a summary of the advice:

1. You MUST NOT leave the house for any reason, but if you have a reason, you can leave the house

2. Masks are useless at protecting you against the virus, but you may have to wear one because it can save lives, but they may not work, but they may be mandatory, but maybe not

3. Shops are closed, except those shops that are open

4. You must not go to work but you can get another job and go to work

5. You should not go to the Drs or to the hospital unless you have to go there, unless you are too poorly to go there

6. This virus can kill people, but don’t be scared of it. It can only kill those people who are vulnerable or those people who are not vulnerable people. It’s possible to contain and control it, sometimes, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster

7. Gloves won't help, but they can still help so wear them sometimes or not

8. STAY HOME, but it's important to go out

9. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarkets, but there are many things missing. Sometimes you won’t need loo rolls but you should buy some just in case you need some

10. The virus has no effect on children except those children it effects

11. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…

12. Stay 2 metres away from tigers (see point 11)

13. You will have many symptoms if your get the virus, but you can also get symptoms without getting the virus, get the virus without having any symptoms or be contagious without having symptoms, or be non contagious with symptoms...

14. To help protect yourself you should eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand as it's better not to go out shopping

15. It's important to get fresh air but don't go to parks but go for a walk. But don’t sit down, except if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant or if you’re not old or pregnant but need to sit down. If you do sit down don’t eat your picnic

16. Don’t visit old people but you have to take care of the old people and bring them food and medication

17. If you are sick, you can go out when you are better but anyone else in your household can’t go out when you are better unless they need to go out

18. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house. These deliveries are safe. But groceries you bring back to your house have to be decontaminated outside for 3 hours including Pizza...

19. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but they can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver

20. You are safe if you maintain the safe social distance when out but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance

21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours ... or four hours... six hours... I mean days, not hours... But it needs a damp environment. Or a cold environment that is warm and dry... in the air, as long as the air is not plastic

22. Schools are closed so you need to home educate your children, unless you can send them to school because you’re not at home. If you are at home you can home educate your children using various portals and virtual class rooms, unless you have poor internet, or more than one child and only one computer, or you are working from home. Baking cakes can be considered maths, science or art. If you are home educating you can include household chores to be education. If you are home educating you can start drinking at 10am

23. If you are not home educating children you can also start drinking at 10am

24. The number of corona related deaths will be announced daily but we don't know how many people are infected as they are only testing those who are almost dead to find out if that's what they will die of… the people who die of corona who aren’t counted won’t be counted

25. You should stay in locked down until the virus stops infecting people but it will only stop infecting people if we all get infected so it’s important we get infected and some don’t get infected

26. You can join your neighbours for a street party and turn your music up for an outside disco and your neighbours won’t call the police. People in another street are allowed to call the police about your music.

27. No business will go under due to Coronavirus except those businesses that will have already gone under.

#staysafe2020 🙏🤞

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Spinidge

VIP Member
This pandemic has shown that there are a lot of narcissistic, self promoting people out there. Do your bit and get on with it, you don't have to take photos or film yourself just to get likes. If you want to do a dance routine in your PPE, with your colleagues, whilst at work, it's up to you, if you do some shopping for an elderly neighbour, lovely, if you clap for the NHS, good for you, if you make a donation to charity, that's admirable, but why the need to post it on social media? Because unfortunately social media is where a lot of today's society gets their validation. Neither do you have to do the government's job for them by sharing countless posts on Facebook and Instagram about protecting the NHS, in order to be seen as a good person. I can't stand this attitude that if you're not joining in with the latest trend, you must be some sort of anti-establishment misery guts. That is my issue with it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Tots

VIP Member
It really annoys me when people moan about looking after their OWN children!! They had them, who else do they expect to look after them? If they’re hard work to parent then take a look at yourself as it’s mostly you to blame! It’s just me and my son here, I feel blessed to have this extra time with him and enjoy each other’s company. We’ve had time to do things we don’t normally get to do, we’re safe at home and I’m so thankful for that! Yes there are brief moments when I just crave some peace but I get that once he’s in bed. I’d never moan about having him here with me or “having” to look after him all on my own! Even before lockdown, I’ve never had any help with looking after him but I’ve never expected it either! I’m all too aware that one day I will look back on these days when he needs me and I will miss them so much so I treasure every day x

• Heart
Reactions: 28

grumpycat

VIP Member
I feel like I don’t understand why the minute they confirm that lockdown is extended everyone’s up in arms.
I know it’s hard but do we really think that by going back to normal now would help, it would literally undo almost everything we’ve done.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Alightened

VIP Member
It's not just people getting too close to you now, it seems like solitary walks and sunshine is bringing the flasher's out. A friend just messaged to say she'd been on her usual walk with the dog and a bloke came out of the bushes with no top on and his willy out😳. She walked away quickly and rang her husband who came to meet her. She rang the police and they're coming out to see her. So be careful out there ladies by yourselves... watch out for Willy Wanglers😂 :m

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick

karenjet

VIP Member
I never thought I’d talk back to a policeman in my life!

After taking my daughter to work this morning I was on my way to pets at home this morning and a policeman flagged me down. Asked where I was going then said pet food isn’t essential??

One of my cats is on a special diet and I can’t buy his food in supermarkets. Yes, it’s my fault for not being more organised and ordering it online sooner. It was going to take 14 days for delivery. But I argued asking what our pets are supposed to eat?

He was nice about it, and I totally understand the guidelines and pressure the police are under, but pet food is definitely an essential in my home! He was also nowhere near 2 metres away from my car window.

• Wow
  • Sad

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I am honestly at the point where I am so sick of all this shit and want the lockdown to be over. How the hell are we meant to go on like this when they said a vaccine can be 18-24 months until developed? It is not realistic. As bad as it sounds at some they'll have to bite the bullet and reopen stuff. The lockdown is so detrimental to people's lives and mental health. More people will be damaged by that than who die from covid in the end. I find myself swinging bad and forth on opinions and today is a bad day.

• Sad
  • Angry