Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LLJ

Sorry if I’m being stupid - is the lockdown starting 3 weeks from today or 3 weeks from Monday? (When the first lockdown was due to end)

Reactions: 1

RachyWoo

VIP Member
That's it!!!! Pass me a drink!! Bloody Peston! Oh look, the books that have been piled on his sofa for 2 weeks are now in a pile of the shelf!

Did you see the one last night that looked like a .....🍆👌Headed straight to twitter for the commentary on that one.
😮 No, I missed that!!

monga

VIP Member
I had SPD during my pregnancies and had to use crutches and keep my knees together when getting up/out of bed. My physio even suggested tying my knees together with a men's tie when I gave birth to keep my hips aligned. Oh how we laughed. I don't miss those last few weeks. Good luck 😊
How did you manage that ( with the tie ) !

fireflies

VIP Member
Same situation here! My sons EHCP application was being reviewed for a decision by the panel early March but then all this happened and I’ve no idea when it’s going to be done now 🥺 Been waiting years for this, I’m hoping they somehow manage to do them

I have tribunual may we have ehcp appealing annual reveiw section f.
New laws mean councils can take piss and even longer than statutory deadlines.
The SEN department are working by caseworker works from home.

• Sad

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I don’t agree with clapping for parents or kids.... but it is hard not being able to take them out to blow off some steam on the park etc which we’d normally be able to do, or a play centre or have play dates. It’s our job I don’t want a clap but it’s hard to entertain them in the house constantly and nerves are being frayed on all parts.
Can you not take them for a daily walk or a bike ride?

Well I'd hardly blame the doctors and nurses for operations /treatments being cancelled that's what the government recommended happen, to cope with the pandemic..And" free time " is exactly that..I think it's the government you should have the issue with, not the health care workers they're only following the advice..
If that was me I'd like to think I'd spend my time making videos that might educate and help people, not display my cracking rhythm and flexibility. With that logic also, you're happy for deaths to occur through people having treatments delayed, as people are only obeying their orders. It's all wrong, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

I've had the same conversation now about three times. You're not going to change my opinion and i won't change yours.

Paradisefalls

Exactly we won't know, but I do find it odd how after four weeks of everything that involves people gathering being stopped that the rate of infection jumps by so much everyday. Like I said I understand the death rates as there are so many variables of the people contracting the disease which will contribute to that, but new infection rates should have surely fallen by now.
I also think we will never know the true number on the new infection rates either though as it is dependant upon how many people we are actually testing.

We are testing more people now so that could account for why the new infection rates seem like they are going up but if you worked it out as a % of those tested it may lower?

CCnow

Anyone know when peak is as originally they thourght Easter weekend.
Also read South West 2weeks behind London and South Wales worse.
Spoke to carpenter yesterday working on extra covid beds at bath.
My mate works in a north west hospital and they were told beginning of May for peak. That was Wednesday when she told us.

Beckyfreckles

I don’t want an exit date, I would like an idea of how it might look minus the dates.... and I would also like to see my boyfriend 🥺I do understand their reasoning and I understand that too many people aren’t sticking to the rules now. But some vague idea of whether I’ll be able to see him in 3 weeks or 3 months would be nice
I hear ya, I desperately want to see my daughter too. I haven't seen her for about 7 weeks
I don’t want an exit date, I would like an idea of how it might look minus the dates.... and I would also like to see my boyfriend 🥺I do understand their reasoning and I understand that too many people aren’t sticking to the rules now. But some vague idea of whether I’ll be able to see him in 3 weeks or 3 months would be nice

Jamhead

VIP Member
I've been shielding since second week in March on advice of my oncologist. 12 weeks would take me to the 4th June
I saw a post on a local site where people were discussing these letters and several had only received them this week. It said on the letter 12 weeks from the date they received it which takes them in to July. Do you know if there is a reason why it differs for people?
Im assuming area or condition but it seems odd some people have only just got the letters and others have had them a few weeks.

I would hardly think that's the case (these TikToks being filmed on corridors with people dying beside them) They're most likely filmed in empty hospital wards before any patients arrive, they could be student doctors and nurses waiting to be assigned a post and unable to administer vital meds ,waiting to be" trained up."Our local hospital does them too but their all people not assigned to the covid wards ,ENT ,heart ,audiology etc these people wouldn't be trained to give oncology or neurology advice that calls for trained personnel.But like I said I think people should be able to spend their free time as they like and medical /front line staff should be no different they have to be "off duty "sometime,weather that be tattling or TikToking I don't think it's being disrespectful at all ..But then I'm not naive enough to really believe their rehearsing Covid-19 The Musical while patients are dying at they're feet😐
They should be 'off duty' and doing 'off duty' things off hospital grounds.

Those people not assigned to Covid wards have barely anything to do due to non Covid appointments being mostly cancelled and hospitals being empty. Why not do something useful then instead of dancing like idiots when other people have been laid off through no fault of their own and see professionals like these rubbing it in their face.