Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LittleMy

VIP Member
Parenting is hard, moan away, get it out of your system. Just don’t expect praise for doing what you’re supposed to do as a parent anyway without using a pandemic as an excuse. Swear to God, we might as well be seals with all the clapping we’re being told to do. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

Tigercat55

Chatty Member
Can you be bored - fuck yes

Can you be upset your holiday is cancelled - fuck yes

Can you be pissed you kids are home 24/7 - FUCK YES!!!!

condescending patronizing twats GET OFF on shit like this, social media is filled with them, they must have lost their shit when they realised the amount of judgment they could pass on others when they heard the word “pandemic”

we don’t need to constantly compare ourselves to someone who is worse off,
most humans can separate their own concerns, upset, frustrations and fear whilst feeling sadness or empathy for others....
You don’t only feel one feeling!!

I’m so sick of the “but look who has it worse” crew.

get to fuck with that shit and let me soak in my misery with a lasagna for 5 minutes.
My 64 year old mum is a part time nurse in a big hospital but is still working on outpatients at the moment. Today, one of her colleagues from outpatients who has been transferred to the wards asked my mum why she gets to stay on outpatients. My mum replied it may be due to her age and the colleague said “oh well, at least I’m doing my bit”.
My mum was so angry and upset and just told me on the phone that she doesn’t want to be a “dead hero” 😭

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

hrh89

VIP Member
I never thought I’d talk back to a policeman in my life!

After taking my daughter to work this morning I was on my way to pets at home this morning and a policeman flagged me down. Asked where I was going then said pet food isn’t essential??

One of my cats is on a special diet and I can’t buy his food in supermarkets. Yes, it’s my fault for not being more organised and ordering it online sooner. It was going to take 14 days for delivery. But I argued asking what our pets are supposed to eat?

He was nice about it, and I totally understand the guidelines and pressure the police are under, but pet food is definitely an essential in my home! He was also nowhere near 2 metres away from my car window.
pet food is an essential you can’t let animals starve to death for goodness sake you did nothing wrong how ridiculous. Also if it wasn’t essential then pets at home wouldn’t be allowed to stay open!

Clemmieinwonderlust

My dad works for NHS at Glasgow royal and after showing symptoms this week has test positive. My mums now showing symptoms too all I can ask is that we pray for them as it’s all we can do. This virus is very real and scary and I still can’t believe it! feels like a nightmare or something out of a book or movie. I’m so scared for my parents.

• Sad

NoodlesToodles

VIP Member
Maybe a bit of kindness and understanding is needed. To say to people to stop moaning and to basically put up and shut up is so lacking in empathy it is unreal. The mental toll this is taking on alot of people is horrendous and like the war and other global tragedies, the ramifications of this will be felt for years. It is utterly selfish and arrogant to belittle peoples feelings and nor allow them the space to let it out. Easy to stand on your doorstep and clap for the NHS but to have a little understanding for people for people who are finding this torturous proves a little more difficult.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
My 64 year old mum is a part time nurse in a big hospital but is still working on outpatients at the moment. Today, one of her colleagues from outpatients who has been transferred to the wards asked my mum why she gets to stay on outpatients. My mum replied it may be due to her age and the colleague said “oh well, at least I’m doing my bit”.
My mum was so angry and upset and just told me on the phone that she doesn’t want to be a “dead hero” 😭
see, I can ony feel sorry for someone like that, she must have a fuck load of pent up negativity to try and hurt someone else with her words.
It’s toxic, you must be seriously fucked up to try and make someone feel “bad” because they’re (in theory) safer than you,

your mum will come out the other side, hopefully both nurses will,
end of the day we can fight off a virus but the attitude she’s displayed, that will suck the life out of her like no virus could.
love to your mum xxx

Reactions: 25

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Just got back from Asda and am fumin'.
Family of three women (mother and 2 teenage daughters) were in the queue outside. The daughters kept walking back and forth up the queue incredibly close to people and one of them elbowed me to get out the way. Shouting to each other and their mother so breathing over everyone. Then to cap it all the mother was on her phone bellowing down it - 'yes we'll be over to yours later tonight for a drink'. I wish I was brave enough to say something - they flouted three social distancing regulations there and then. Just what is the fucking point being responsible when nitwits like that don't take it at all seriously :mad: .

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I’m in Wales and due to a mess up with letters going to the wrong addresses I only received my shielding for 12 weeks letter yesterday.

I’m only in my late twenties and I’m feeling so down that I cannot leave my house at all even for a walk until July. I don’t have a garden either.

I have Crohn’s and am in a flare up, the flare up has been going for over a year, all of the medications I have tried have either dropped my immune system so low I could be hospitalised with a cold or just not worked at all, so on top of being housebound for 12 weeks I also can’t start my new medication as it’s just too risky. So I’m just managing my Crohn’s symptoms instead of treating my flare up and hoping I don’t get any worse. This is why I’m in the highest risk group, because my immune system is a total mess. Other than stomach pain my condition hasn’t held me back from doing anything so it’s not like I’m off work, I exercise and without the lockdown I would be doing the same things people without my condition would be.

Sorry for venting I know everyone is in a shit situation, I just wish family and friends would agree that me feeling crap about this is warranted instead of trying to find positives and reassure me.

• Sad

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
I texted several hundred parents at a primary school “Remember your willies for forest school tomorrow.” The admin email inbox was full to bursting the next day with (thank god) parents who saw the funny side and wanted to thank us for the giggle. I wasn’t ever in charge of the text thing again.

I ordered thank you cards when my youngest child was born and spelt his name wrong on them. There were a lot of tears when my husband pointed it out to me when 50 of them arrived 👍 I blame lack of sleep !

• Haha
  • Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
What time is Lord Trumpington on at tonight ? Or was his trucker speech earlier it for today ? Is he setting and to lift lockdown today ?
I’m going on for him tonight. He sent over his notes.

1) ventilators
2) ventilators
4) the WHO.... “who ya gonna call”... not the WHO. We’ve stopped their pocket money.
6) ventilators
8) call someone fake, anyone.
12) ventilators
4) say it’s cold and ask if anyone wants to go home
9) sport
7) mention China... chhhh-I-NA
3) ventilators

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Viewer1901

VIP Member
This is completely over dramatic but ‪Is there a reason they can’t give the politicians a remote so that they can move the slides on themselves instead of having to say ‘next slide please’. ‬People do it every bloody day in presentations just give them a clicker!!

• Haha

Mabellovestea

VIP Member
Every week when I clap I get so emotional thinking of all the NHS out there risking their lives. I just also find it so so emotional that we are clapping every week, locked down in our homes and life is nothing like we’ve ever experienced before. I think it hits me every Thursday that this is really happening and it makes me cry. I feel the whole of the UK are in this otgether and we all come together at 8pm.

I hope this changes the world forever and everyone is kinder and more grateful for life 💖

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
Has anyone else been unable to order milk on their Morrison’s slot? They have no milk in stock. How bizarre.
Don’t talk to me about Morrison’s!
Had my first ever delivery from them this evening.
Half was missing (not charged or substituted) so after unpacking I still had to drive to Tesco straight after.
I did get milk though but no meat or eggs. No toothpaste but they didn’t substitute that which I thought was strange.
Also with Tesco if the substitutions are more expensive, you still pay the original price but with Morrison’s you pay the dearer price. We had some substitutes that cost more that we don’t like and you can’t refuse them. Never mind, I won’t use them again.

However there is some good news - when I went to Tesco they had dried lasagne sheets!

E02F1DC8-31A7-4012-87DC-5D4773135F05.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

hnoz

VIP Member
Nothing about dancing like a 5 year old should inspire someone to become a medic. So you would be okay having just lost a family member to walk out and see them prancing about laughing? It is unprofessional, keep it outside the hospital.

Can you imagine the firefighters in 911 dancing on the wreckage? No because it's distasteful and morally wrong.
Jesus, stop implying NHS staff are dancing on the graves of people dying in hospitals. They work 12+ hour shifts, it is exhausting, they are around death more than you in all likelihood. If they didn't give a shit then they would be doing another job. You're being totally disingenuous by implying medical staff are acting like that, most of them have probably cried at home after losing a patient, or cancelled plans to stay late when one of their favourite patients took a turn for the worst. Lets face it, most of the staff treat and care for patients like their own family.

Are you going to drag the over coals if you see them eating sweets? Or getting stressed? Or having one little laugh with their co worker before going back to another awful shift? They are humans, not made of stone.

Nurses are leaving the NHS in droves, if that is what they need to do to keep the morale up and stay motivated to keep going then more power to them. They are doing a lot more for the country than those who just have to "stay at home".

• Heart