Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CrouchEndTiger

It’s all fucking nuts. By the time we come out of this I expect to have a plethora of other stress related diseases far worse than fucking coronavirus.

I cannot deal with 2 toddlers at home, both of us working full time and no support. I am literally at breaking point all of the fucking time. And for what?

this isn’t my fight. It’s a virus. It gets me, my family, we all have to die of something at some point.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

Jamhead

VIP Member
I cant understand, why during a global pandemic we as a country can not record deaths accurately, 7 days a week. Weekends and bank holidays should make no difference. This is 2020 not 1820.

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
Well, if today’s shopping experience was anything to go by we are fucked. Walked in there’s a kid about 8 years old just randomly walking around picking up fruit then put it down. No parent to be seen anywhere, joined by his brother and both in uniform so clearly a key workers child. Why the fuck wasn’t the parent/s watching them? Another family, this time a mature couple with their daughter who was pushing her baby in a pram. Blocking the aisles and not giving anyone any space. Obviously a fun day out for them 🙄 I went alone, they could have down the same thing.....and the social distancing 😫 I tried but people are so fucking thick 😡

• Wow
  • Sad

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Someone in my area was moaning because someone in front of them in the queue in Asda had only bought clothes. I kinda get their point but at the same time that person could be buying those clothes for a shelter or something. Or maybe she genuinely needed new clothes, unless you ask how would you know? People really need to be careful about judging other people’s purchases. Essential is subjective and people should focus more on those gathering in parks, having guests over and not adhering to social distancing rather than eyeing up people’s shopping trollies (not aimed at anyone here just a general rant).

Things got really weird for a while a few weeks ago during all the panic buying when people were videoing people’s (perfectly normal amount of) shopping on the conveyor belt and slagging them off on social media with no context of their circumstances, let’s not go back to that please.

Last edited:

Sausageparty

Chatty Member
I wouldn't trust a word coming from the Chinese and Russian governments.
Or what the sun reports 🤪

My stepmom is self isolating. She had a mastectomy before Christmas. I've ordered her some soft bras as her current ones are beginning to rub. Parcel was delivered for click and collect yesterday.

Went to shop, woman said sorry there's no parcels here. I've received email saying it was ready for collection. Showed her email and she said clothes aren't really essential, your parcel isn't here.
Long story short, she didn't check for parcel, wouldn't check for parcel, just told me it wasn't there. Could see the pile of parecles where they keep them behind counter. She kept saying no they are not essential and you should only be buying essentials.

I left empty handed then had another email saying I've still not got parcel. I've contact the delivery people and waiting for a reply. Been to the shop again today and she still won't check.

Tried to reorder online but they are now out of stock.

Wtf am I meant to do?! Can she just hold on to what she thinks are non essential.

Plus shes whacked her prices up too. £2.70 for a loaf of bread and £9.99 for 4 pack of Bud.
This is truly disappointing and disgusting. You need to go back to the shop and demand for your parcel and dont leave til you've got it. honestly she has no right to do this whatsoever she is purely a holding facility for the parcels/middle man. This is had pissed me right off I literally hate jobsworths like that. She sounds extremely bitter and twisted 😡😡😡

Last edited:

Razzmatazz

Chatty Member
I keep seeing people on Facebook getting excited that the number of deaths is lower today than the last couple of days and thinking we're over the peak and on the downward slope

They've regularly been lower on a Sunday and Monday and then spike on a Tuesday just due to reduced admin over the weekend.

Especially with it being a Bank holiday weekend we will probably see a spike in the numbers around Wednesday.

There needs to be at least a week of the numbers dropping before there is anything to get excited about...

Reflected view

VIP Member
Window cleaners near me apparently have had lots of abuse despite being allowed to work due as they have no contact.
That’s not right, there are loads of jobs that can be done safely

Its so hard because although I'm living with my bf, I'm scared to go too near as he's a nurse, so I'm extra worried, when I desperately want affection and cuddles. Maybe I'm taking it too far, but I just dont know how to handle things....

Thank you very much, I didn't know about that. 😊
Put your right arm over your left shoulder.
Now put your left arm over your right shoulder.
Squeeze gently ....... this is a hug from me 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Mabellovestea

VIP Member
Something made me laugh today. Hubby bathed the dogs yesterday, left their dog shampoo bar on the side. I just was having a shower and noticed it had moved as he forgot to put it back in its packet. I sent a Snapchat video asking if any of the kids had used it, my daughter said ‘I have used it in the shower, why? It’s not the dogs is it?’ 😂😂😂 I said ‘ it’s the dogs shampoo but don’t worry it’s all natural essential oils, it repels fleas, but it has been rubbed all over the dogs 😂’She’s fuming 😂 She just came in and said ‘ I used that all over my body, thats been on the dogs bits, I’m going for a long hot shower now ‘ 😂😂😂

• Haha

monga

VIP Member
My stepmom is self isolating. She had a mastectomy before Christmas. I've ordered her some soft bras as her current ones are beginning to rub. Parcel was delivered for click and collect yesterday.

Went to shop, woman said sorry there's no parcels here. I've received email saying it was ready for collection. Showed her email and she said clothes aren't really essential, your parcel isn't here.
Long story short, she didn't check for parcel, wouldn't check for parcel, just told me it wasn't there. Could see the pile of parecles where they keep them behind counter. She kept saying no they are not essential and you should only be buying essentials.

I left empty handed then had another email saying I've still not got parcel. I've contact the delivery people and waiting for a reply. Been to the shop again today and she still won't check.

Tried to reorder online but they are now out of stock.

Wtf am I meant to do?! Can she just hold on to what she thinks are non essential.

Plus shes whacked her prices up too. £2.70 for a loaf of bread and £9.99 for 4 pack of Bud.
Tell her it's an essential medical aid her doctor recommended for her recovery...I thought it was against the law to withhold people's mail ?

monga

VIP Member
Someone posted about this whole thing making you realise you hate your job.....I had this reply typed out, so you’re getting it now whether you want it or not 😆

I resigned from a high-stress job 6 months ago. We moved 3 hrs away, to a more rural location; the house price difference meant that we could pay off 65% mortgage so I can be a lady of leisure for a good few years, with hubby working from home. (sorry if I sound like a smug asshole; I’m still chuffed that we pulled it off 🤷‍♀️)

Ironically, my previous role will have been off-the-scale busy and stressful during this crisis and do you know what, despite a little professional interest in how my successor is handling it, I can honestly say that 90% of me is so happy and relieved that I don’t have to concern myself with all that shit. I read a quote somewhere that said ”If you die on a Monday, your role will be advertised on the next working day.” and it’s true......unless you have a genuine vocation, the vast majority of paid employment is just that- an exchange of money for labour. So many of us become so invested, because we’re conscientious and hard-working, and it’s a shame really because it comes at the expense of what really matters which is our own life, family and friends.

I feel irritated now at the amount of time my work laptop was ’on’ at home when I wasn’t officially working, the number of nights my husband would put my kids to bed as I sat downstairs still working (I was only in a 9-5 role but there was a culture of working outside of those hours), the amount of my leisure/family time where I would take a work call when I should have turned my phone off.

My 3 kids have been home from school with me for several weeks now, and opposed to frantically trying to homeschool them alongside working from home, which would have been my previous situation (and would have brought so much stress on us all), we’ve (strangely) had a really lovely few weeks. Don’t get me wrong I am aware how lucky we have it, but lockdown has been....well....kinda nice? Our lives have become smaller; no outings, no cinema, bowling, a holiday cancelled, no swimming, hobbies,.....but we go for a long walk every day, we have watched films together, baked cakes, played games, probably got to know each other better and laughed more than we have in a long time. Don’t get me wrong it’s been a fucking ball ache having them all home as well (much gin has been consumed), but it’s confirmed for me what matters and it sure as hell ain’t work. Those fuckers haven’t missed or needed me at all....and Jesus I worked my god damn ass off for that company for years.
As the saying goes "your only a number" no matter who you are ..

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
She’s being paid for the extra placement - Band 3, £1/hour more than minimum wage, the same wage she gets for working as a HCA which is less responsibility and more flexible. Apparently the fact they’re actually being paid is the justification 🤷‍♀️
I’ve seen a lot of doctors who graduated early last Wednesday and went straight onto wards on Thursday.

i can’t imagine what the impact on their mental health will be.

• Sad

Viewer1901

VIP Member
I’ve seen a lot of doctors who graduated early last Wednesday and went straight onto wards on Thursday.

i can’t imagine what the impact on their mental health will be.
They’re going to have to plough some serious funding into mental health support for NHS staff after this!

KateESJ

VIP Member
My kids were screaming at each other earlier and my daughter called her brother a 'stink giraffe' because he tried to sit on her face.

I've given up. They don't usually fight, really he's too young, but her one-sided arguments with her brother amuse me, really. He's 14 months so can't argue back, poor guy. 😆

• Haha
  • Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
It’s just hit me the next time I can go to Tesco* for absolutely nothing and leave with absolutely nothing it will be summer.
Which is pretty close Halloween 😐

So the next time I can go to Tesco is basically a few weeks before Christmas.

remember those fuckers who said 2020 was there year.
Bet they own rubber glove factories.

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you get to LEAVE THE FUCKING HOUSE 😮

*not sponsored

• Haha

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Times like this you really realise how much alone you actually are I have my kids but I miss other company . First bad day for a while 😕
I know what you mean. I had a bad day yesterday and I thought it would be the same today but it hasn’t been. I’m struggling with not knowing when it’ll end. It sounds like a cliche but Tattle has been a tonic. I don’t have any great advice but do whatever you have to do to get you and your wee ones through the day. And keep reading Tattle.

Reactions: 17