Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
Someone posted about this whole thing making you realise you hate your job.....I had this reply typed out, so you’re getting it now whether you want it or not 😆

I resigned from a high-stress job 6 months ago. We moved 3 hrs away, to a more rural location; the house price difference meant that we could pay off 65% mortgage so I can be a lady of leisure for a good few years, with hubby working from home. (sorry if I sound like a smug asshole; I’m still chuffed that we pulled it off 🤷‍♀️)

Ironically, my previous role will have been off-the-scale busy and stressful during this crisis and do you know what, despite a little professional interest in how my successor is handling it, I can honestly say that 90% of me is so happy and relieved that I don’t have to concern myself with all that shit. I read a quote somewhere that said ”If you die on a Monday, your role will be advertised on the next working day.” and it’s true......unless you have a genuine vocation, the vast majority of paid employment is just that- an exchange of money for labour. So many of us become so invested, because we’re conscientious and hard-working, and it’s a shame really because it comes at the expense of what really matters which is our own life, family and friends.

I feel irritated now at the amount of time my work laptop was ’on’ at home when I wasn’t officially working, the number of nights my husband would put my kids to bed as I sat downstairs still working (I was only in a 9-5 role but there was a culture of working outside of those hours), the amount of my leisure/family time where I would take a work call when I should have turned my phone off.

My 3 kids have been home from school with me for several weeks now, and opposed to frantically trying to homeschool them alongside working from home, which would have been my previous situation (and would have brought so much stress on us all), we’ve (strangely) had a really lovely few weeks. Don’t get me wrong I am aware how lucky we have it, but lockdown has been....well....kinda nice? Our lives have become smaller; no outings, no cinema, bowling, a holiday cancelled, no swimming, hobbies,.....but we go for a long walk every day, we have watched films together, baked cakes, played games, probably got to know each other better and laughed more than we have in a long time. Don’t get me wrong it’s been a fucking ball ache having them all home as well (much gin has been consumed), but it’s confirmed for me what matters and it sure as hell ain’t work. Those fuckers haven’t missed or needed me at all....and Jesus I worked my god damn ass off for that company for years.

• Heart
Reactions: 76

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
Someone posted about this whole thing making you realise you hate your job.....I had this reply typed out, so you’re getting it now whether you want it or not 😆

I resigned from a high-stress job 6 months ago. We moved 3 hrs away, to a more rural location; the house price difference meant that we could pay off 65% mortgage so I can be a lady of leisure for a good few years, with hubby working from home. (sorry if I sound like a smug asshole; I’m still chuffed that we pulled it off 🤷‍♀️)

Ironically, my previous role will have been off-the-scale busy and stressful during this crisis and do you know what, despite a little professional interest in how my successor is handling it, I can honestly say that 90% of me is so happy and relieved that I don’t have to concern myself with all that shit. I read a quote somewhere that said ”If you die on a Monday, your role will be advertised on the next working day.” and it’s true......unless you have a genuine vocation, the vast majority of paid employment is just that- an exchange of money for labour. So many of us become so invested, because we’re conscientious and hard-working, and it’s a shame really because it comes at the expense of what really matters which is our own life, family and friends.

I feel irritated now at the amount of time my work laptop was ’on’ at home when I wasn’t officially working, the number of nights my husband would put my kids to bed as I sat downstairs still working (I was only in a 9-5 role but there was a culture of working outside of those hours), the amount of my leisure/family time where I would take a work call when I should have turned my phone off.

My 3 kids have been home from school with me for several weeks now, and opposed to frantically trying to homeschool them alongside working from home, which would have been my previous situation (and would have brought so much stress on us all), we’ve (strangely) had a really lovely few weeks. Don’t get me wrong I am aware how lucky we have it, but lockdown has been....well....kinda nice? Our lives have become smaller; no outings, no cinema, bowling, a holiday cancelled, no swimming, hobbies,.....but we go for a long walk every day, we have watched films together, baked cakes, played games, probably got to know each other better and laughed more than we have in a long time. Don’t get me wrong it’s been a fucking ball ache having them all home as well (much gin has been consumed), but it’s confirmed for me what matters and it sure as hell ain’t work. Those fuckers haven’t missed or needed me at all....and Jesus I worked my god damn ass off for that company for years.
I feel quite lucky as I have been furloughed but our bosses sent us a letter saying they will pay us 100% pay rather than 80% as they appreciate us so much. They sent us all group what's app this evening wishing us a happy Easter and saying how lucky they are to have us as their staff. I don't have a high paid job as a secretary, but in all my years there I've never had Sunday night blues even once. I miss being there and feel very valued. I know how lucky I am as I have been in jobs where I have wondered how long I could take off work if I accidently fell down the stairs and broke my leg 😂😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
19B64B5C-D643-427B-A49A-50E50D71D23E.jpeg

We have an amazing boat, just amazing, the best boat around.... brilliant boat. Superb. The best lifeboats. Tons of them. Far too many. Superb.

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Bunny2013

Hi tattlers, I’ve read some comments about the student nurses and as a mental health nurse in the NHS I thought I would give my wee bit of what I know about this in to the chat.
So year 3 students nurses will be paid and work as band 4’s, they will continue to be students, so will not have the same level of responsibility as staff nurses, they will continue to wear a student uniform also.
They will be learning so much during this time, actually I think all us nurses are learning so much over the course of this and we really are all in the same boat.
They will be guided from the staff nurses, as normal. I actually think it’s a good deal they are getting. Plus they will learn a vast range of knowledge and skills that they wouldn’t have experienced throughout this covid outbreak.
Much better to muck in and learn, practise what they have studied so hard for rather than all placement and uni work stopped for a year.
Year 2 student nurses will be paid band 3 wages like healthcare assistants, they to will wear their uniform and work as part of the team, again learning vast knowledge and skills.
This really is something they will never forget, I don’t think any of us will, and is certainly something they will look back on and be proud of what they did on the wards in years to come.
I work in mental health, covid is sweeping its way through nursing homes and it won’t be long before it’s in my hospital. There is a weird feeling in work, like waiting for something to happen, on edge, but trying to make the best of it as a team.
Also you find a dark sense of humour really helps during these times, a positive attitude and lots of cake and chat with colleagues helps loads ☺
Please remember that the students won’t be left to run the wards, it’s not going to be easy for them and I know there’s lots of us feeling anxious however we all are and we are trying to make the best out of a really shit situation xx

• Heart
Reactions: 36

BlabberMerchant

For the first time today I am really struggling with everything that is happening. I am a key worker, still working 50 hours a week and while I have been sticking to all the guidelines religiously the reality of the situation didn't really hit me until tonight because everyday life hasn't changed as dramatically for me as it has for some.
My Nan is in a nursing home and has been diagnosed with Covid19. She is in her 90's and suffers from dementia so as a family we have all been painfully aware that she has been on borrowed time for quite a while now. What I am struggling with though is the fact her nursing home, like all homes, has een locked down to visitors for weeks now so we can't see her, the thought that my Mum might not get to say goodbye to her Mum is breaking my heart. This wasn't the plan, my mum and her brother were supposed to be there for her at the end. The whole family was meant to come together and celebrate her and support each other. It all just feels so wrong, and desparately unfair.
I'm sorry for this long winded post and that I sound selfish and ungrateful for everything everyone is doing to save lives. That really isn't the case.
I I just needed to rant and stamp my feet a little, my brain can't decide if it is sad or angry or scared...I think the problem is it's all three.

• Sad

KateESJ

VIP Member
Thinking out loud here, but what does this isolation lockdown mean for other bugs? Could we see a sharp decrease of other bugs such as norovirus, worms, nits and everything else germy kids pass back and forth if we aren’t all in contact with one another
Jesus when I started reading that I thought you meant bugs as in incests. I'm so bloody tired.

I think we'll see a decrease but then an increase whenever the kids go back to school.

ETA: INSECTS.**** Think I might go to bed. Hopefully we don't see an increase in incest.

• Haha

coconochanel

VIP Member
Ok so update on my evening shopping trip...I'm not going, I thought fuck it and had a bath and a G&T instead. :giggle:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

RachyWoo

VIP Member
The latest gem from Trump, "Antibiotics used to solve every problem. The germ has gotten so brilliant that the antibiotic can't keep up with it. There's a whole genius to it. It's hidden, but it's very smart." 🤦‍♀️ Antibiotics won't work on it anyway, it's a virus you bloody great big Satsuma!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Oh my gosh just randomly went on Asda and found one lonely delivery slot for next Sunday!
How does it work with home deliveries? Do they just leave it on the doorstep now or can I take it from them?

I feel kind of guilty taking a slot. I live alone with no transport so am having to do a few trips to supermarkets each week as I can’t do a big shop and get it home. Still feel like I should leave the slot for someone else.. what do you guys think?
I would take it, I dont drive so I know how hard it is. Try and get as much heavy stuff as you can, tins, potatoes veg that way then you only need to pop out for little bits as and when xx

Reactions: 33

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
My stepmom is self isolating. She had a mastectomy before Christmas. I've ordered her some soft bras as her current ones are beginning to rub. Parcel was delivered for click and collect yesterday.

Went to shop, woman said sorry there's no parcels here. I've received email saying it was ready for collection. Showed her email and she said clothes aren't really essential, your parcel isn't here.
Long story short, she didn't check for parcel, wouldn't check for parcel, just told me it wasn't there. Could see the pile of parecles where they keep them behind counter. She kept saying no they are not essential and you should only be buying essentials.

I left empty handed then had another email saying I've still not got parcel. I've contact the delivery people and waiting for a reply. Been to the shop again today and she still won't check.

Tried to reorder online but they are now out of stock.

Wtf am I meant to do?! Can she just hold on to what she thinks are non essential.

Plus shes whacked her prices up too. £2.70 for a loaf of bread and £9.99 for 4 pack of Bud.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
Those perfect Instamums? They are as fake as the followers that they buy.

chin up ladies, we are all doing our best. The fact that we are worrying proves that we are good parents xx

• Heart
Reactions: 32

KateESJ

VIP Member
One way to repay the debt Boris would be doing more for the NHS not just during this but also after. 👍🏻

I’m glad he’s better but I hope he uses this to realise just how valuable the NHS is and does more for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I do feel like I’m settling into lock down a bit. All of the reasons I had pnd before don’t actually exist under lock down. There’s no timetable, I don’t need to clock watch and do school runs and worry about fitting feeding time around going out. I’ve got nobody visiting questioning what I’m doing. (My in laws as well
Meaning as they are constantly question what I do, they don’t believe in responsive feeding, they want the temperature whacked up, they want to take him out of my arms on all occasions (experience from the past they’ve not seen this one other than from a far). I don’t care what I look like. We can literally just exist and be. I did forget about the stone cold coffee that’s reheated twice before you get to drink it though 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 30

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
My 19yo son shaved his head today as his hair was starting to get on his nerves. He now looks like a member of an Eastern European crime gang😩😩

• Haha
Reactions: 30

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
If a member is continuously trying to get a reaction from a thread, their comment will be removed.
speaking from personal experience, my dad died from Covid19 2 weeks ago. I’d rather him alive now and pay financially for the measures being made currently. ‘Completely over the top’ is an incredibly selfish and short sighted opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Redblueyellow8

VIP Member
Just going to bed and thinking if anything has come out of lockdown I feel like I'm being a better mum to my children which is horrible in a way I guess but im getting to spend so much more time with them and doing things with them I wouldnt normally do with them because in normal like everything is such a rush school work after school clubs . I hope they remember this time they got to spend more time with a better mummy.

Yet I think my 3 year old is watching too much of the news .. she goes to me today mummy the man on the telly says we must not go outside ... well if it got through to a 3 year old surely it should get through to the rest of the country

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Darlascott236

I’ve not been on the thread for quite a while so haven’t read anything from previous pages. Hope everyone is doing okay as we can be?
we’ve had 4 losses in our family over the last 3 weeks - not covid19 related but the coronavirus situation has made funerals hard. No comforting no sitting near people. I have sat on my own at 2 ( wasn’t allowed at 1) and the 4th hasn’t happened yet. It’s an awful way we are living just now 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 27