Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope everyone's ok.

Such a warm day here
Massive queue outside local supermarket but we were out of milk.
2 young guys early 20s were messing about in the queue 1 telling older gent behind him that he's keeping away from him as older people more likely have the virus.
I couldent bite my tongue so I said yoir more likely to have it and pass it on to him so give it a rest and give him some respect.
He apologised said it was joke
His mate then said sorry to me and the older guy and said his mates always a idiot.
Also overheard few conservations very loudly saying they struggling with Lock down but adhering to it.
I think it is a strain on relationships and mental health.
My kids been grumpy last few days.
Husband been keeping busy and we played with kids in the garden and brought them. A few more treats than normal the last few weeks.

Avoided watching too much news today.

Bit worried about neighbours they don't speak great English.
It's a shared house.
Not sure the father and the brother working as they were decorators.
The mum has new factory job.
Their alchol recycling pile makes ours look good .
They friendly with our kids.
We have them an old bike other day for their little girl.
Their school delivered a food parcel today.
It's hard between offering help and being nosy.
Don't know much about them they rent, their landlords awful.
They like to bbq and play cheesy 90s music.
They have freinds or family who live opposite who still viist.
Yet they wear masks and clean everything that comes into the house so they a odd contradiction.

Off to work tonight and anticipate it being busy as weather so nice bbq bits and booze I guess.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Umm, three run ins - Lidl middle aisles... But now I have learnt I can pick up items from this eccentric emporium whilst picking up the essential milk, bread eggs etc so am currently doing laps of my front room on an electric scooter, wearing a snood and wielding a circular saw
Jesus wept I do make myself some enemies don’t I 😂😂 #Numberonetroll

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Hope everyone's ok.

Such a warm day here
Massive queue outside local supermarket but we were out of milk.
2 young guys early 20s were messing about in the queue 1 telling older gent behind him that he's keeping away from him as older people more likely have the virus.
I couldent bite my tongue so I said yoir more likely to have it and pass it on to him so give it a rest and give him some respect.
He apologised said it was joke
His mate then said sorry to me and the older guy and said his mates always a idiot.
Also overheard few conservations very loudly saying they struggling with Lock down but adhering to it.
I think it is a strain on relationships and mental health.
My kids been grumpy last few days.
Husband been keeping busy and we played with kids in the garden and brought them. A few more treats than normal the last few weeks.

Avoided watching too much news today.

Bit worried about neighbours they don't speak great English.
It's a shared house.
Not sure the father and the brother working as they were decorators.
The mum has new factory job.
Their alchol recycling pile makes ours look good .
They friendly with our kids.
We have them an old bike other day for their little girl.
Their school delivered a food parcel today.
It's hard between offering help and being nosy.
Don't know much about them they rent, their landlords awful.
They like to bbq and play cheesy 90s music.
They have freinds or family who live opposite who still viist.
Yet they wear masks and clean everything that comes into the house so they a odd contradiction.

Off to work tonight and anticipate it being busy as weather so nice bbq bits and booze I guess.
Glad you told the idiots in the queue. The young ones piss me right off total twats!

Reactions: 12
Everyone is rounding up on local strangers on all the Spotted [Insert village or area here] Facebook pages. People getting really personal with one another over garden fires, barbeques and music blaring. I even heard a random 5pm firework the other day.

Reactions: 3
Had a afternoon nap woke up missed half the daily update but no Raab or Sunak so switched over to Jamie Oliver. :giggle:

Reactions: 7
We aren’t productive at all! I’m on a constant timetable of express, feed baby, feed older children, feed grown man then repeat that several times throughout the day and night. If they’re in clean clothes/pyjamas teeth brushed and they’re happy and fed that’s literally my aim each day no guilt because that’s when the pnd starts. So I’m not allowing guilt. I give myself low expectations each day.
I blame my catholic upbringing and mother 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
So the uk are set to have the highest number of recorded deaths in one day now, more Spain or Italy every had. Crazy to think a week ago we were looking at their numbers and shocked at how bad it was and now we could be worse.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Does anyone think we are at the peak now? Or is it going to get worse?

Reactions: 1
Just checking in for a bit to see how everyone is. I had a "news-free-Friday" today, and oh my gosh it totally reset my mood (as in I stayed stable all day, ha!). I made art, tidied up, sorted my plants "Leon" style, and just wanted to say happy easter to everyone. 😊 I haven't got an egg tho...I do have some chocolate caramel digestives that I have been saving.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So the uk are set to have the highest number of recorded deaths in one day now, more Spain or Italy every had. Crazy to think a week ago we were looking at their numbers and shocked at how bad it was and now we’re worse.
Lets hope we are close to the peak, I really hope so. Behind the stats are the people and their families. Theres just heartbreak everywhere. The medics in New York were saying it’s loads worse than 9/11 because it’s just a constant flood of people. Theres no let up to it.

I'd like an invite if Rabb or Sunak are going, I can bring vodka. :giggle:
Stop! 🤣 We will get moved on!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Jesus wept I do make myself some enemies don’t I 😂😂 #Numberonetroll
Well you keep me entertained with your Irish Crap Posts and Trumpisms! 😆
I think I’ve got an enemy too, judging by their angry reaction every time I post!😲

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I'd like an invite if Rabb or Sunak are going, I can bring vodka. :giggle:
Rishi does live in a Georgian mansion with a boat house on it's own island...enough space for us all to stand 2m apart.
It is in the Yorkshire Dales though...so technically neighbours with Rebecca Lamb, you can't have it all! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It’s definitely starting to take a toll on my mental health now. I was ok for a couple of weeks, but this week has been tit. I dumped a post on the support thread which has helped me get it out my system a bit (super grateful for the replies from people who I see also post here so thank you).

I thought duck it and ordered the kids a pool for the garden. It will probably be tit weather by the time it arrives but it should last longer than the crappy blow up paddling pools we’ve gone through over the years so I’m telling myself it’s an ‘investment’.

Also ordered a new mattress(in a box) as it was very much needed and I figured maybe having a better sleep and not waking up with a sore neck and back every day will help with my partners mood and also my mood.

Not ‘essentials’ but the companies are still operating so🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s given me the tiniest amount of joy.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Everyone is rounding up on local strangers on all the Spotted [Insert village or area here] Facebook pages. People getting really personal with one another over garden fires, barbeques and music blaring. I even heard a random 5pm firework the other day.
On my local Facebook that someone took a photo of a young woman out with her mum and siblings. The person who posted it went on a big rant about how it's not fair her and her kids need to social distance but theirs idiots like this out walks with their mothers. It leaded to everyone saying disgusting stuff. Turns out the girl has PTSD and whiles she does have her own house in our village she stays at her mums often as it's the only way she will leave the house and she's moved into her mums for lockdown because her mental health was deteriorating. I felt so sorry for her 😭

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
I’ve spent all day on the garden with my kids. Had a lovely day playing and a paddling pool out. Felt like I was on holiday. Checked twitter and saw nearly 1000 dead and it all came back to me. We are doing this as 1000s are dying. Now I feel guilty for forgetting.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Rishi does live in a Georgian mansion with a boat house on it's own island...enough space for us all to stand 2m apart.
It is in the Yorkshire Dales though...so technically neighbours with Rebecca Lamb, you can't have it all! 😂
Yes, he's my in laws local MP! Lovely house he has but he is very rich and his father in law is a billionaire!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.