Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we have to remember this is not just ‘flu’. Boris Johnson as an example is a relatively healthy normal functioning person (the prime minister!) who after getting COVID-19 and being exposed to people with the disease ended up in intensive care. If that happened to all of us the NHS would be completely overwhelmed which is what we are all trying to avoid by staying home and ensuring we social distance.

I’m no expert but if he can get it and become seriously Ill then anyone can. Having said that when will this end? It’s kinda crazy.

Reactions: 3
A major pandemic, causing a shutdown of the economy, fear based hoarding, joblessness, massive financial market disruptions, combined with supply chain and distribution issues and farming/harvest concerns, social unrest and probable international upheaval....

Time to wise up,collectively,

You better be praying for a miracle.

Happy good Friday people.

Reactions: 1
This thread moves at such pace, it’s like being on the rapids at a theme park!
Happy Easter all. Has anyone started on their eggs?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sorry to bring it back to the ‘rona 🤣😂

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said restrictions introduced two weeks ago will be extended until Tuesday 5 May

😐

• Sad
Is it safe now? Has the troll gone? 🙄
America's total 😞 Trump is such a lame duck!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Strain on the NHS aside, the thing I don't understand is the people who are most vulnerable, who are staying home for 12 weeks, how exactly are we going to protect them after that period of time? Until we get a vaccine they will surely come out of isolation and be just as vulnerable?
They can't be expected to stay home til we get a vaccine?

Reactions: 5
BBC report saying some police forces had been trying to monitor people’s shopping and government stepped in and said if the shop is selling it you can buy what you wish! If you’ve made a trip out for essentials I don’t see anything wrong with putting Easter eggs in or unicorn ice cream... and these are literally essentials in my house 😂

Reactions: 17
Eh? Doesn’t this go against the whole ‘essential trips only’

Coronavirus: Public reassured over lockdown policing rules https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52245937

“Downing Street says people can buy whatever they want from shops that remain open amid concerns some police are overstepping lockdown powers.
There have been cases of police warning shoppers against buying "non-essential" items.”

So it’s okay to walk to the shops just for a Cadbury bar? 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Strain on the NHS aside, the thing I don't understand is the people who are most vulnerable, who are staying home for 12 weeks, how exactly are we going to protect them after that period of time? Until we get a vaccine they will surely come out of isolation and be just as vulnerable?
I i was wondering this. We have somebody with a kidney transplant on our street so they’re shielding but I did think what happens after 12 weeks, the kids can’t just go back to school or just go out and about, he’s still at risk. Are they going to be shielding for 18 months? They did say in the news today restrictions would be lifted in different areas at different times and for different age and risk categories!

Eh? Doesn’t this go against the whole ‘essential trips only’

Coronavirus: Public reassured over lockdown policing rules https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52245937

“Downing Street says people can buy whatever they want from shops that remain open amid concerns some police are overstepping lockdown powers.
There have been cases of police warning shoppers against buying "non-essential" items.”

So it’s okay to walk to the shops just for a Cadbury bar? 🤦🏼‍♀️
My husband has just said so I can go and get a beer then 😂. I’m taking it to mean on your essential shop you can buy what you want... but others won’t interpret it that way!

Reactions: 6
You do realise how utterly insulting this is I hope? So let it burn through and kill half my family and numerous other people around the country/world. Oh, and my 29 year old boyfriend would also die since its not just the elderly who are at risk fyi. And this is your opinion because you likely got lucky and didn't get it that bad, even though many young and old people do get it much worse and actually are dying right now right this moment. But then what's it matter since their gonna die anyway right? 🙄
Very well said.

Some of us don’t have large families and so those close to us mean the world. Why should we risk losing them? not everyone gets off lightly with this virus. I’m going to have to start ignoring some comments and scroll past 🙄

Reactions: 9
From what I’ve heard from extremely vulnerable people, it’s possibly the case that they would have to isolate until a vaccine. It’s awful but when you could quite easily die from the virus, there’s nothing else you can do

Herd immunity might help though. I’m not a medical professional so I might be wrong but I imagine once most people have been exposed to the virus, the world will be safer for the vulnerable as they’d be much less likely to come into contact with it in the first place

Edit: Making a lot of assumptions here though!

Reactions: 8
Yeterday we had the radio on with endless corona commercials, its unavoidable.

They literally were saying "while we learn how to adjust to a "new way of living"!!

Its programming people, please wake up!!!........
We should be going about our lives as usual, as during every flu season. In fact, we should INCREASE social mingling to achieve herd immunity quicker.

We cannot stop the virus with lockdowns, what we’re doing is prolonging the outbreak and guaranteeing a second wave.

And as far as testing, we should only be testing for antibodies to the virus, in order to see how close we’re getting to herd immunity.
You do realise healthy young adults and children are dying of this? Herd immunity did not work!

Reactions: 11
Very well said.

Some of us don’t have large families and so those close to us mean the world. Why should we risk losing them? not everyone gets off lightly with this virus. I’m going to have to start ignoring some comments and scroll past 🙄
sometimes it’s best to do that,
I think we’d all be frustrated if every single post that doesn’t follow the crowd is removed right?
At least here people can (respectfully) argue their point and if a troll continues to show themselves as a troll they will probably be removed by admin at that point anyway 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 15
Breaking news on BBC

Boris is going for ‘short walks’.

I love how every little development is breaking news. It’s good news though! Shows he’s doing okay.

Reactions: 15
I haven't read all the posts on here, but I can see quite a few regarding what treatment or help is available in hospital. This may have been mentioned already, so forgive me if I'm repeating anything - there was a really interesting special episode of Horizon on the BBC last night all about the virus. It was pretty easy to understand and I would recommend watching it as it answered quite a few questions I had. Here's a link - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000h3nm

Reactions: 2
Breaking news on BBC

Boris is going for ‘short walks’.

I love how every little development is breaking news. It’s good news though! Shows he’s doing okay.
the PR stunt worked then 😉
And most of the press conferences have been about Boris and his health for the last week 🤣

no but seriously I’m glad he’s doing better!

Apparently Leo sent him a text message, probably has a free calls and texts package 😐

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.