Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think everyone eventually will need the vaccine? Like flu they only give it to vulnerable groups?

Reactions: 2
sometimes it’s best to do that,
I think we’d all be frustrated if every single post that doesn’t follow the crowd is removed right?
At least here people can (respectfully) argue their point and if a troll continues to show themselves as a troll they will probably be removed by admin at that point anyway 🤷‍♀️
I try my best to ignore them but it is hard when they spout their conspiracy theories on this thread when we know regular posters on this thread have lost family members to COVID19.
I don’t understand why they don’t keep it on the conspiracy thread where others are happy to discuss it rather than set out to cause upset on here.
I know, I know, it’s done for a reaction but I just wish they’d show some sensitivity.
Sorry, rant over. :oops:

• Angry
Reactions: 15
right, I’ve put my corona head back on. I spoke to a friend earlier , she works at local hospital in safeguarding. We chatted about Boris and I asked her her opinion on his condition. She said that in her experience you don’t go into intensive care if you are not going to be ventilated. Who knows. Good that he’s in the mend though
Breaking news on BBC

Boris is going for ‘short walks’.

I love how every little development is breaking news. It’s good news though! Shows he’s doing okay.
That is good news, I’m sure they are short walks within the confines of his room. But walks none the less

Reactions: 7
Maybe because I've had it but my attitude has changed massively. I think the governments around the world have made the wrong call by locking down their citizens. They should have just let it burn through. The same amount of people are expected to die eventually anyway regardless of any measures the governments take. They should have let it be and accept what happens.
The same number of people are not expected to die, that's the point. Many people have conditions like diabetes or high blood pressure (I'm one of them) and because of that they are at higher risk of dying from COVID-19. However, without the virus being in the picture there is no reason to suspect that hordes of these people are imminently going to die! I'm only in my early 50s and I'm not planning on meeting The Reaper yet thank you very much!

Bloody hell, few dickheads out in force on here today 👀
The sun shining off their tin foil hats is blinding me!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I'm the same, Total introvert with plenty of hobbies and projects to be getting on with, but just can't seem to settle into anything. Normally I would relish some time off, but not like this. I haven't even got any kind of routine going yet and its been almost 3 weeks.
Same, same

I try my best to ignore them but it is hard when they spout their conspiracy theories on this thread when we know regular posters on this thread have lost family members to COVID19.
I don’t understand why they don’t keep it on the conspiracy thread where others are happy to discuss it rather than set out to cause upset on here.
I know, I know, it’s done for a reaction but I just wish they’d show some sensitivity.
Sorry, rant over. :oops:
totally agree, sure look at me I’m a snapper, I've already had two run ins on here this week and left with a bruised ego about my “crap” posts 🤣 #irishcrap #ididnt

trolls will always show themselves eventually and they hate to be ignored, sometimes they aren’t trolls but just have a very blunt/extreme view on things,
admin always steps in when necessary,

we just need to hit report if things get messy and they’ll be on the radar then 🙂

I just wanted to say that for the people who get frustrated and decide they need to leave because one member has upset a thread 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So just want to send a message from Ireland,can anyone planning to travel here by ferry for a little holiday can you please duck OFF AND STAY HOME. Our ports are jammed and holiday towns packed with people coming over. The guards are supppsed to be controlling this but doesnt seem to be maing a difference. Cant believe they havent closed them down to only commercial travel today. The locals of these holiday towns are usually elderly and ots creating very hostile environments by the absolute pricks coming in. That being said my friends just had a baby in the UK and her family travelled over from here today to see him,they are also absoloute pricks

• Wow
  • Angry
Ahh stop putting so much pressure on yourself lovely.
The fact you had washing in by 7.30am when most of us hadn't even poured water in our coffee that point shows you're doing a brilliant job.
There's no rule book, just do what you can when you can. If you want to do absolutely nothing, do so, without guilt!!
❤
OMG! That’s it guilt! Guilt about not being productive enough on a daily basis - but, also, a lack of focus. I put It down to subconscious worry about lockdown.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Breaking news on BBC

Boris is going for ‘short walks’.

I love how every little development is breaking news. It’s good news though! Shows he’s doing okay.
He's kinda following the timeline of when my Dad had pneumonia. He was on a ward first on oxygen, then got worse and was taken to ICU but managed on the CPAP mask so came out of ICU after 3 days, then in HDU where he was sat up in a chair by his bed and going for short walks and no longer on oxygen. It's nearly 10 years ago now so I can't remember how long it was before he then came home but think about a week after he came out of ICU. I wonder if when Boris is home whether he will do one of his video posts like he was doing in isolation? It will be good to hear from him.

Reactions: 9
totally agree, sure look at me I’m a snapper, I've already had two run ins on here this week and left with a bruised ego about my “crap” posts 🤣 #irishcrap #ididnt

trolls will always show themselves eventually and they hate to be ignored, sometimes they aren’t trolls but just have a very blunt/extreme view on things,
admin always steps in when necessary,

we just need to hit report if things get messy and they’ll be on the radar then 🙂

I just wanted to say that for the people who get frustrated and decide they need to leave because one member has upset a thread 🤷‍♀️
I enjoy your Irish crap, keep it coming!! 😀☘😀☘😀☘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Does anyone else think we're at the peak now?

I watched a couple of minutes of Good Morning Britain today and Ben said that we don't hear many stories of people recovering from COVID. I personally think that's very good. If we keep hearing that 35 year old Kelly, 60 year old John or 89 year old Betty survived then people will think it's over/ they won't die from it and it's safe to go and flock to the beaches, high streets etc again and we'll have an even bigger issue. Now is the time for drip feeding these stories but focussing on the bad news to scare people to stay inside. The time for sharing positive survival stories will come later.

Reactions: 12
Umm, three run ins - Lidl middle aisles... But now I have learnt I can pick up items from this eccentric emporium whilst picking up the essential milk, bread eggs etc so am currently doing laps of my front room on an electric scooter, wearing a snood and wielding a circular saw

• Haha
OMG! That’s it guilt! Guilt about not being productive enough on a daily basis - but, also, a lack of focus. I put It down to subconscious worry about lockdown.
We aren’t productive at all! I’m on a constant timetable of express, feed baby, feed older children, feed grown man then repeat that several times throughout the day and night. If they’re in clean clothes/pyjamas teeth brushed and they’re happy and fed that’s literally my aim each day no guilt because that’s when the pnd starts. So I’m not allowing guilt. I give myself low expectations each day.

• Heart
It’s not the same without Chris Whitty 😭 husband just walked in and said your boyfriends not on tv, he’s having a bbq with his neighbours 😬😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.