Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unless you mean all people will eventually die then I don’t understand your point, if that is your argument why have any medical intervention for anything?
If you just let it burn through on its own the effect will be catastrophic both in terms of people dying from coronavirus and also people who need healthcare for any other reason.
“let it be and accept what happens” I’m sorry if this comes across rude but that is the worst advice I have ever heard.
What I mean is the people who are going to die are going to die anyway. This is a fact. The governments should have invested and opened up nightingale hospitals to treat the Covid-19 patients way before they have and allowed the hospitals and life in general to carry on as normal. This tanking of the economy and loss of jobs was not the right move here.

Governments are afraid of death, if the citizens die then they will be blamed but these people will die anyway. That is what I was told when I had it. They can't treat you and it is survival of the fittest, basically.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
What I mean is the people who are going to die are going to die anyway. This is a fact. The governments should have invested and opened up nightingale hospitals to treat the Covid-19 patients way before they have and allowed the hospitals and life in general to carry on as normal. This tanking of the economy and loss of jobs was not the right move here.

Governments are afraid of death, if the citizens die then they will be blamed but these people will die anyway. That is what I was told when I had it. They can't treat you and it is survival of the fittest, basically.
Did you end up in hospital?

If I get mildly ill and need oxygen I'd rather there actually be a bed available.

Your opinion is not based on facts. The overall number of people who die from the virus is not the same regardless of the length of time or other measures in place. If lots of people get the virus at once by allowing it to spread on its own the death rate will be significantly higher than if people caught it slowly and at a reduced rate up until the point when we have a vaccine.
There might not be a cure but there are numerous things that are done to treat the symptoms.
Your comments are incorrect and downright dangerous.

Reactions: 28

Well that’s quite depressing to read, I have health conditions, my husband has asthma, i don’t agree that people should carry on as normal, we don’t want to die in our 40s. Our poor children don’t deserve that, my health conditions developed a few years ago, long after I had children.

I think lockdown was the right thing to do or we would have been dealing with a catastrophic number of deaths. People without health conditions are dying, young and old.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
I can assure you there is nothing the hospitals can do for you. There is no treatment and there is no cure. So this putting millions of people out of work is not actually worth it. It's all very well people for the people who are still getting paid but what about those of us who will not be able to claim a penny? Although I am not at that point, I am currently providing meals for my sister and her 3 children because she hasn't got a bean to her name.
Wow. My Dad's currently on ICU on a ventilator keeping him alive while his lungs recover. So I can assure you there is something the hospitals can, or at least can try to do

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Your opinion is not based on facts. The overall number of people who die from the virus is not the same regardless of the length of time or other measures in place. If lots of people get the virus at once by allowing it to spread on its own the death rate will be significantly higher than if people caught it slowly and at a reduced rate up until the point when we have a vaccine.
There might not be a cure but there are numerous things that are done to treat the symptoms.
Your comments are incorrect and downright dangerous.
That's it. My opinion is not dangerous it is realistic and unemotional. There are no treatments. Paracetamol and oxygen. Too many people thinking in panic mode over common sense. Ultimately, as will all virus' you need herd immunity.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
I think they were aiming at those who had a vulnerable person in their household.
Cleaning the bathroom after every use, etc.
I’m the only one going out in our house, weekly to shop, so I don’t feel the need.
They were also cleaning the shopping and then the floor that the shopping bags had been in and then the shopping bags.
I know the virus can live for a while on surfaces but I think if I’m going to get it, I’ll pick it up at the actual shop rather than on the goods. Perhaps I’m being blasé or naive, I don’t know.
We basically do that with groceries in our mudroom. Unpackage anything that can be removed from original packaging. If it can't be removed, we wipe it with disinfectant. Then I spray the floor with disinfectant. And normally my husband has been using plastic bags but last week he used our material ones. I threw them straight into the wash on hot. It is such a process, took us over 1 hour.

Just wondering as anyone been to the supermarket in the afternoon say 5pm if so what was stock like and was it as busy as in the day?
yes ..i went to my local sainsbury's on Wednesday about 5.30. queued for about 5 mins to get in ..most items well stocked..still no eggs , handsoap, fresh chicken or batter mixes. i think it was better time..those early slots for elderly give me to shivers ..to me theres so many people out queuing for too long its scary.

Remember not everyone has the same opinion but users can be ignored if what they’re saying is upsetting to read. Report any posts that break our rules and ignore users if you find their posts upsetting or triggering. - Please read our rules and why they're important
That's it. My opinion is not dangerous it is realistic and unemotional. There are no treatments. Paracetamol and oxygen. Too many people thinking in panic mode over common sense. Ultimately, as will all virus' you need herd immunity.
There's no need to be a twit about it though 🙂 have a nice day ✌🏼

Well that’s quite depressing to read, I have health conditions, my husband has asthma, i don’t agree that people should carry on as normal, we don’t want to die in our 40s. Our poor children don’t deserve that, my health conditions developed a few years ago, long after I had children.

I think lockdown was the right thing to do or we would have been dealing with a catastrophic number of deaths. People without health conditions are dying, young and old.
There’s been stories of people over 100 surviving and people in their 80s and 90s. We often hear the bad stuff but there are good stories too. Take care x

Went for my first food shop in a while, first time experiencing their social distancing measures and it felt very post apocalyptic. Queued for over an hour in single file to get into Aldi, very surreal. This is only going to get worse the longer this all goes on.
Lots of people driving into the car park and turning around when they seen the queue, which probably means they shouldn’t have been going to the shop anyway if they didn’t really need anything.
I got “told off” at chemist yesterday as I didn’t stand behind the line. I’d not been out to shops fir four weeks I literally didn’t know what I was doing! It’s very odd you’re right. In my own home it’s like a bubble you can hide from it all it’s very weird in the shops.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Yes oxygen and time on a ventilator can and has helped people recover.
If everyone is ill at once some people won't have the opportunity to have that oxygen or that ventilator.
???

• Heart
Reactions: 20
There’s been stories of people over 100 surviving and people in their 80s and 90s. We often hear the bad stuff but there are good stories too. Take care x

I got “told off” at chemist yesterday as I didn’t stand behind the line. I’d not been out to shops fir four weeks I literally didn’t know what I was doing! It’s very odd you’re right. In my own home it’s like a bubble you can hide from it all it’s very weird in the shops.
Same .. got told off too. 🙈
Went to pick my medication up and had to wait outside the Chemist's (they had the shutters down) for 40 minutes till they finally opened up again. You had to stand on a marked spot and shout your name and address. When it was ready they basically threw the bag with the medication at you from inside (staff never stepped out of the Chemist's and no one allowed in) .. queue behind me was massive. Good job we had great weather this week.

• Haha
  • Wow
Same .. got told off too. 🙈
Went to pick my medication up and had to wait outside the Chemist's (they had the shutters down) for 40 minutes till they finally opened up again. You had to stand on a marked spot and shout your name and address. When it was ready they basically threw the bag with the medication at you from inside (staff never stepped out of the Chemist's and no one allowed in) .. queue behind me was massive. Good job we had great weather this week.
I know it’s not funny but just the image of your medication being chucked at you!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I love wee micky d. Have you seen the kids books about him? I have one for my son
I haven't ! but he's straight out of Darby O'Gill for me ,he's the epitome of a Leprechaun . We're so Lucky to have a President that people associate with one of the most iconic figures in Irish folklore to represent us ... ☘ 😂

• Heart
I did too last week! The door was open and they had a sign on the door that said only 2 in at a time and marked lines on the floor inside to stand behind. So I went in as the shop was empty and got told off for coming in and was told to go outside and they’ll come to me.

They should change the sign if they don’t want people coming in. Saw about 5 more people get told off too. Surely posting a sign on the door saying ‘stay outside’ would save them the breath and trouble.

I appreciate everything they’re doing, please nobody think I don’t, but they have a real attitude at my local pharmacy. Always have done.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My other half got moaned at by an elderly man in the butcher van queue. The guy wasn't keeping 2 metres apart so my partner politely asked him if he could move back a little bit more. He moaned and threw some sarcasm. And they say we should respect our elders? My God 🙄

• Haha
I did too last week! The door was open and they had a sign on the door that said only 2 in at a time and marked lines on the floor inside to stand behind. So I went in as the shop was empty and got told off for coming in and was told to go outside and they’ll come to me.

They should change the sign if they don’t want people coming in. Saw about 5 more people get told off too. Surely posting a sign on the door saying ‘stay outside’ would save them the breath and trouble.

I appreciate everything they’re doing, please nobody think I don’t, but they have a real attitude at my local pharmacy. Always have done.
Mine are a bit funny too always have been. Ask you a million questions every single time you go in and I’m like I’ve been coming in here for 8 years surely you don’t need to ask me all these personal questions all the time 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.