Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It takes so much longer.

I have to take my kids so I’m constantly watching them to make sure they aren’t standing too close to people (my daughter danced in the fridge aisle the other day and fell on a poor woman 🤦🏼‍♀️ Thankfully she was nice about it but I felt so bad!!), making sure I’m not getting to close to people and trying to remember what I actually need because I always forget my list.

It’s so much more stressful than usual.
I’ve not had to do it yet. I’ve managed to get click and collect for next time. I know we aren’t vulnerable but I don’t want to risk the baby if I can help it.

Reactions: 3
China have now set up a draft policy to recognise dogs as pets instead of food...

• Heart
Reactions: 15
why is our total recovered still at 135, it’s been that for weeks now but I’ve read of quite a few recoveries in the last few days

Reactions: 9
View attachment 106478

Do we think I'd qualify for this?! I'll have the Disney castle, please!

Jokes aside this is a lovely gesture for families of key workers! Hopefully, it reaches some of the NHS staff we have on here (if you have children!)
It's a great gesture for the kids of the hard working front line NHS staff but it does slightly annoy me that it's yet another thing that's recognising the NHS only. What about my little nephew whose Dad is hard at work every day at a waste transfer station making sure the bins are still getting emptied across Northamptonshire, if people like him down tools then we'll soon be back in Victorian times with extra deaths from a lot more than just Coronavirus. There needs to be some greater recognition that there are a lot more than just NHS workers who are taking big risks going to work every day.

Reactions: 16
A thread or 2 back someone shared a link to Scotland's statistics being really clear and Iv lost the page. Does anyone have the link?

Reactions: 1
I just saw this on BBC News https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52219930 its the passport office, and they are being made to return to work on the thoughts that "80% are going to get the virus anyway, so we can't hide forever" What the heck?
Maybe because I've had it but my attitude has changed massively. I think the governments around the world have made the wrong call by locking down their citizens. They should have just let it burn through. The same amount of people are expected to die eventually anyway regardless of any measures the governments take. They should have let it be and accept what happens.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Maybe because I've had it but my attitude has changed massively. I think the governments around the world have made the wrong call by locking down their citizens. They should have just let it burn through. The same amount of people are expected to die eventually anyway regardless of any measures the governments take. They should have let it be and accept what happens.
I think it's been about the NHS not being able to cope if huge numbers got ill at the same time.

Reactions: 13
Well that's why the world is watching Sweden, as they went for a much softer lockdown than the rest of the world. Although they do have different circumstances in Sweden anyway with only a handful of population centres of any size/crowding.

Reactions: 8
Michael D Higgins the president of Ireland has called on all Irish people to light a candle in the window as a gesture of solidarity....I have to say he is a real life Leprechaun and nobody will ever convince me otherwise :LOL:View attachment 106484
The queen has a full sit down broadcast to the nation,
Mickey D went on the radio and told everyone to give staying indoors “a lash” 🤣

See i’d do that, it’s like All Souls’ Day 2.0
Hopefully with less dead people.

I assume Leo will be out for a chat later, if he’s not working the call centre today.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Unless you mean all people will eventually die then I don’t understand your point, if that is your argument why have any medical intervention for anything?
If you just let it burn through on its own the effect will be catastrophic both in terms of people dying from coronavirus and also people who need healthcare for any other reason.
“let it be and accept what happens” I’m sorry if this comes across rude but that is the worst advice I have ever heard.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It's a great gesture for the kids of the hard working front line NHS staff but it does slightly annoy me that it's yet another thing that's recognising the NHS only. What about my little nephew whose Dad is hard at work every day at a waste transfer station making sure the bins are still getting emptied across Northamptonshire, if people like him down tools then we'll soon be back in Victorian times with extra deaths from a lot more than just Coronavirus. There needs to be some greater recognition that there are a lot more than just NHS workers who are taking big risks going to work every day.
Same my sons dad is a teacher hes having to still go into the school over the easter break and the school is open longer 7 15 to 6 15 other key workers really should get more recognition

I think it's been about the NHS not being able to cope if huge numbers got ill at the same time.
It is literally about the nhs. If it’s going to get you it’ll get you. You’re right we can’t hide from it forever. I know that’s very blasé but I’ve had to adopt that attitude to protect my mental health as I wasn’t sleeping obsessing over having enough cleaning products in etc.
Also to buy some time for a vaccine etc to protect most vulnerable

Last edited:
Erm, what happens would be an NHS absolutely over run with people with nowhere near enough beds or ventilators and mass amounts of people dying all at once.
They are currently locking us down while the Nightingale hospitals are set up, so when the lockdown does end and yes we inevitably all get the virus at least we might actually stand a chance of receiving a bed.

Reactions: 17
Are you fully recovered now?

Erm, what happens would be an NHS absolutely over run with people with nowhere near enough beds or ventilators and mass amounts of people dying all at once.
They are currently locking us down while the Nightingale hospitals are set up, so when the lockdown does end and yes we inevitably all get the virus at least we might actually stand a chance of receiving a bed.
I can assure you there is nothing the hospitals can do for you. There is no treatment and there is no cure. So this putting millions of people out of work is not actually worth it. It's all very well people for the people who are still getting paid but what about those of us who will not be able to claim a penny? Although I am not at that point, I am currently providing meals for my sister and her 3 children because she hasn't got a bean to her name.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Went for my first food shop in a while, first time experiencing their social distancing measures and it felt very post apocalyptic. Queued for over an hour in single file to get into Aldi, very surreal. This is only going to get worse the longer this all goes on.
Lots of people driving into the car park and turning around when they seen the queue, which probably means they shouldn’t have been going to the shop anyway if they didn’t really need anything.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.