Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly ! if we're to over think everything as to where it can live etc we wouldn't even eat at all .I'd be thinking the person that made the bread could have sneezed on the dough , it could be harboring inside the tin of beans it would go on and on .Like you said we'd be more likely to pick it up unroute than the actual shopping ,it would drive me crazy all that obsessive cleaning...
I agree. I do what I can reasonably without making myself mentally ill and we’re rarely going out of the house anyway

Reactions: 3
I think that’s a great idea. Is there anything like that set up? I think the clap is nice and if people find it uplifting that’s great but equally to give them something to help them get through their day is also nice and more practical
They already do that where I am ,also toiletries and snacks ..They've even set up collection points now for nightwear /toiletries for patients that have to be hospitalised with the virus, as they're families are not allowed to visit..

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Same I got a headache from it yesterday hahaha
Tell me about it. I got home and a migraine hit as I was unpacking.
Tbh I’ve had a bad head every day since this whole thing started, it’s just how my body reacts to stress.

Reactions: 8
I agree. I do what I can reasonably without making myself mentally ill and we’re rarely going out of the house anyway
Maybe people that would be more exposed would have to" tighten the belt", but if there no coming and going frequently I think it would be fine..

Reactions: 2
They already do that where I am ,also toiletries and snacks ..They've even set up collection points now for nightwear /toiletries for patients that have to be hospitalised with the virus, as they're family's are not allowed to visit..
It’s just getting stuff there if we’re supposed to be staying at home.
Maybe people that would be more exposed would have to" tighten the belt", but if there no coming and going frequently I think it would be fine..
I agree, my husband is currently working from home but will be required to do a shift in a couple of weeks, he’s nhs but management, so he has to be physically there in the office but he’ll be the only one there but when he returns all his clothes will be washed immediately and I might disinfect him at the door 😂in all seriousness I will be more stringent then.

Reactions: 2
It’s just getting stuff there if we’re supposed to be staying at home.

I agree, my husband is currently working from home but will be required to do a shift in a couple of weeks, he’s nhs but management, so he has to be physically there in the office but he’ll be the only one there but when he returns all his clothes will be washed immediately and I might disinfect him at the door 😂in all seriousness I will be more stringent then.
There's collections points set up or local community groups are collecting from outside peoples doors (leave in a bag on the doorst

Boris has a long road ahead and is not "out of the woods" yet according to his dad....And Kate Garraway's husband is still in ICU very ill...

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
There's collections points set up or local community groups are collecting from outside peoples doors (leave in a bag on the doorst

Boris has a long road ahead and is not "out of the woods" yet according to his dad....And Kate Garraway's husband is still in ICU very ill...
Oh ok I’ll look out for those.
Yes I saw Kate Garraway’s husband had it that doesn’t sound good at all very sad. I really hope Boris is ok. If he’s out of icu he must have improved some.

Oh ok I’ll look out for those.
Yes I saw Kate Garraway’s husband had it that doesn’t sound good at all very sad. I really hope Boris is ok. If he’s out of icu he must have improved some.
Sorry the Boris bit linked on the the other post ,not aimed at you 😂

Pretty sure its tanning beds, given his weird eye area. That, or he's really tit at matching his concealer to his foundation...
I don't think it's tanning beds the rest of him is as pale as can be ,it looks like the dye the bodybuilders use for comps..

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My husband thinks I’m being overly dramatic when I tell him how stressful grocery shopping is right now!
It takes so much longer.

I have to take my kids so I’m constantly watching them to make sure they aren’t standing too close to people (my daughter danced in the fridge aisle the other day and fell on a poor woman 🤦🏼‍♀️ Thankfully she was nice about it but I felt so bad!!), making sure I’m not getting to close to people and trying to remember what I actually need because I always forget my list.

It’s so much more stressful than usual.

I think they were aiming at those who had a vulnerable person in their household.
Cleaning the bathroom after every use, etc.
I’m the only one going out in our house, weekly to shop, so I don’t feel the need.
They were also cleaning the shopping and then the floor that the shopping bags had been in and then the shopping bags.
I know the virus can live for a while on surfaces but I think if I’m going to get it, I’ll pick it up at the actual shop rather than on the goods. Perhaps I’m being blasé or naive, I don’t know.
We’ve been cleaning every grocery item we get and moping the floor. It’s excessive but the media scared me. It’s so time consuming, I wish I didn’t have to do it.

• Sad
91943948_10157433114588403_7634016700320448512_o.jpg

Do we think I'd qualify for this?! I'll have the Disney castle, please!

Jokes aside this is a lovely gesture for families of key workers! Hopefully, it reaches some of the NHS staff we have on here (if you have children!)

Reactions: 17
View attachment 106478

Jokes aside this is a lovely gesture for families of key workers! Hopefully, it reaches some of the NHS staff we have on here (if you have children!)
Oooh thanks. I'll take as look and see how it works.

They are being donated to hospitals, I'm guessing line managers will share them between staff with kids.

Reactions: 4
View attachment 106478

This is really lovely. I find it so heart warming to see brands reaching out like this, but I only hope it continues after this. We know now how much the NHS does for us, I hope it doesn’t just end up being a publicity stunt and this level of compassion continues way into the future 🙌🏻

Reactions: 10
Oooh thanks. I'll take as look and see how it works.
According to the lego group I saw it on they are delivering sets to trusts and the trusts are distributing them. Might be worth just hinting to your line manager that if they get any your kids would love them!

According to the lego group I saw it on they are delivering sets to trusts and the trusts are distributing them. Might be worth just hinting to your line manager that if they get any your kids would love them!
Oh I will be 🤣

Random but:
- I know two adults and their two kids who had Covid and are fine now ; and
- I heard about 101 year old man who recovered from it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Michael D Higgins the president of Ireland has called on all Irish people to light a candle in the window as a gesture of solidarity....I have to say he is a real life Leprechaun and nobody will ever convince me otherwise :LOL:
42543870_10155800412722514_8210997964005441536_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.