Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s nothing the hospitals can do ??? We can fight all the complications the virus is causing to the body , we can put drugs into you that gives u a fighting chance to recover and we can also put you into induced comas and let machines take over so the body has a chance to recover and fight it off

And then once we’ve done all that we can then send you home happy you have recovered from the virus

Bit of a silly comment to make
they can also make people comfortable. Imagine being at home, dying of this, terrified and not being able to breathe??

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Had to get a telephone consultation for my little girl this morning. Not coronavirus related but looking likely that she will be admitted to hospital in the next few days. I'm terrified of her been anywhere near a hospital at the moment 😭
My husband was admitted yesterday for complications with tonsillitis. Because it was a throat infection they tested him for coronavirus and placed him a ward alone with a mask on waiting on results. He's got his treatment via IV and now just waiting on his results to see can he be discharged. I'm just so anxious waiting. But the reason I replied was to reassure you that the hospitals are taking every precaution. He had to go to 2 separate hospitals and both kept him on his own and he was given a mask. Staff using PPE and very little contact unless necessary. Its scary and I know how u feel, I just want him home.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Are we at peak do you think or is there worse to come? It's devastating
If we are at the peak of infection the death toll will still grow for a week or two after anyway, so unfortunately it will probably get worse.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Like what?
Put the vulnerable on lockdown and increase social services to help them with shopping etc. Invest into the nightingale temp hospitals for the covid-19 sick, allow the normal hospitals to continue as usual. Call back retired hospital staff to staff the temp hospitals, allow people to continue learning income so they can feed their families and pay their bills. Encourage social distancing.

Reactions: 3
If we are at the peak of infection the death toll will still grow for a week or two after anyway, so unfortunately it will probably get worse.
Unfortunately the UK has massive issues with testing kits. I do not think the UK has peaked yet.

Reactions: 1
Death number today is devastating but this was predicted. Let’s hope for the cases to drop as that will be more of a sign of whether we are hitting the peak. 🙏🏻

Not really. Putting people into poverty after more than10 years of austerity is a silly, irresponsible and careless action to take.
It’s not like they’re doing it for fun. It’s actually necessary. You make it seem like they’re doing it because they feel like it.

Nobody wants this, you think the government wanted pretty much everything to be ground to a halt? You think they want to be paying 80% of the majorities wages? It is what is needed at this moment in time. Yes it sucks, yes it’s going to be tit after wards. But I’d rather that than have our hospitals become over run, staff walking away due to feeling undervalued and over worked during a pandemic and even more lives lost than necessary. It’s not just old people getting it and dying. Young healthy people can die from it too.

If you’ve got a better suggestion beyond ‘let it run its course’ I would LOVE to hear it.

Reactions: 15
Put the vulnerable on lockdown and increase social services to help them with shopping etc. Invest into the nightingale temp hospitals for the covid-19 sick, allow the normal hospitals to continue as usual. Call back retired hospital staff to staff the temp hospitals, allow people to continue learning income so they can feed their families and pay their bills. Encourage social distancing.
I really don't think that would work. Or change anything from what it is now.

The vulnerable are still going out now. When I went shopping I saw more elderly than young. People continuing to earn income means leaving a lot of shops and places of business open which would just encourage the spread. And they encouraged social distancing earlier and everyone seemed to think it meant, go to the beach and Cheltenham.

People don't listen enough for something like that to work.

Reactions: 9
My husband was admitted yesterday for complications with tonsillitis. Because it was a throat infection they tested him for coronavirus and placed him a ward alone with a mask on waiting on results. He's got his treatment via IV and now just waiting on his results to see can he be discharged. I'm just so anxious waiting. But the reason I replied was to reassure you that the hospitals are taking every precaution. He had to go to 2 separate hospitals and both kept him on his own and he was given a mask. Staff using PPE and very little contact unless necessary. Its scary and I know how u feel, I just want him home.
Thank you for reassuring me. The doctor we spoke to this morning said that she will be well looked after and that on admission they'll keep her well away from anywhere that patients with suspected covid are. We're hoping oral antibiotics work but she's a history of needed admitting for IV antibiotics for this particular problem

Reactions: 3
Of the deaths today, 117 occurred yesterday and 720 between 1-8th April and 29 in March, obviously quite far behind

Reactions: 2
I really don't think that would work. Or change anything from what it is now.

The vulnerable are still going out now. When I went shopping I saw more elderly than young. People continuing to earn income means leaving a lot of shops and places of business open which would just encourage the spread. And they encouraged social distancing earlier and everyone seemed to think it meant, go to the beach and Cheltenham.

People don't listen enough for something like that to work.
But then that is their choice.

• Wow
You live in a fantasy land. The government tried the softly softly approach and then everyone decided it was a good time to go to the beach instead.

Reactions: 17
But then that is their choice.
It is but they're putting themselves at risk as well as the NHS.

If EVERY elderly and vulnerable person didn't listen and went out and all caught it, the ICUs would be full. That's why a harsher lockdown is needed. Take the bloody choice away because nobody is taking is seriously. There's a reason they've told the elderly not to go out.

Nobody wants to be stuck in. But if it saves lives and relieves the strain on the NHS then it's worth it.

Reactions: 10
Are we at peak do you think or is there worse to come? It's devastating
They keep saying they expect the peak in two weeks... but I’m sure they’ve been saying that for 3-4 weeks! It’s been roughly similar numbers for a few days. They did also say when it hits the peak it’ll stay at those numbers for a while, that’s the curve flattening and then they’ll go down. I’m expecting April/May to be pretty grim and maybe June things to be looking up a bit

Reactions: 7
My friend in Boston has an outside Yoga event right now,its to fund her Farm,people stopped calling by for Eggs,rather que in a store where are none,poor woman,i want to give her some funds,but do people get offended,I just dont know...i hate being Libra

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.