Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Today has been an ‘angry’ day for me. Now I have recovered I am just feeling overwhelmed with the situation like I know we all are. This in turn is making me angry over the smallest things. Triggers have included - the guy over the road who has the worlds noisiest motorbike that he constantly revs and having rubbish for the bin outside and it’s already full. All petty tit I know but as I am just permanently on edge and worried, I am therefore tired and angry.

Reactions: 18
Today has been an ‘angry’ day for me. Now I have recovered I am just feeling overwhelmed with the situation like I know we all are. This in turn is making me angry over the smallest things. Triggers have included - the guy over the road who has the worlds noisiest motorbike that he constantly revs and having rubbish for the bin outside and it’s already full. All petty tit I know but as I am just permanently on edge and worried, I am therefore tired and angry.
Me too...my poor husband with his swollen tonsils...I said he sounded like a bear caught in a trap everytime he made a noise 😂😂😂 tempers were frayed today to day the least.
Neighbour behind me also seems to take 10 things to the outside bin and open and slam the lid for each individual item. Every time without fail.

Reactions: 6
I've had a good couple of days but then had to go out to the supermarket today. First time in 2 weeks. Not that much social distancing from fellow shoppers. It's really made me anxious and I feel I've gotta wait 2 weeks now to see if they've given me covid or not!!

I wore gloves and nobody actually coughed on me or anything but it's still stress. Tell me.im.not alone in this?!

Reactions: 19
I've had a good couple of days but then had to go out to the supermarket today. First time in 2 weeks. Not that much social distancing from fellow shoppers. It's really made me anxious and I feel I've gotta wait 2 weeks now to see if they've given me covid or not!!

I wore gloves and nobody actually coughed on me or anything but it's still stress. Tell me.im.not alone in this?!
I have had to go back to work today and my husband is front line so he’s never stopped going every day worried sick that we are bringing it into the house to the kids - the arguments it causes also I feel like I’m loosing the plot constant hand washing etc it’s draining

Reactions: 8
I have had to go back to work today and my husband is front line so he’s never stopped going every day worried sick that we are bringing it into the house to the kids - the arguments it causes also I feel like I’m loosing the plot constant hand washing etc it’s draining
Absolutely hats if to you both for working through this. I'm a teacher but can thankfully work at home - for now.

Are you taking all the precautions. Clothes off at the door .. immediately washing them etc? My family member is frontline NHS and in so fearful for them x

Reactions: 6
Can you imagine being so narcissistic that you think you know better about HEALTH response as a businessman who is essentially a conman than the WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION!!!!

Ffs
I can see why he wants to investigate the WHO, in particular the Director-General, Tedros.

Reactions: 4
My neighbour was taken away in an ambulance at 1am, seemingly healthy woman in her 50s. I hope it isn’t Coronavirus related, I haven’t heard any coughing and our walls are paper thin.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I had a really bad day today too. I think its completely normal and we all will lash out at things that are petty or silly.
For me, my family are keeping me sane. And the lack of a routine is driving me mad. I never thought I would envy parents with toddlers but at least you have a walking, talking alarm clock that winds you up all day, keeps you throughly entertained and has you tired enough to fall asleep at night! I have no routine and feel like Ive watched everything across ALL streaming sites! I have so much energy and nothing to do with it so cant sleep at night and am awake at like 6am until I finally doze off however this leads to me waking up so late in the day and just that will ruin my day. Trying really hard to fix this pattern and give myself jobs but I'm in this weird funk where I have loads of energy but lack motivation and then feel so fatigued from doing nothing! Must be lack of Vitamin D.

Chin up. We're here for you on all day, good or bad xx

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Anyone else having up and down days? One minute I’m positive then the next (like today), I can’t see a light at the end of the tunnel 😩
Please go easy on yourself.
You are grieving for your dear dad. At a time when you should be able to come together as a family, you can’t. You can’t even properly go through the rites of passage with organising a funeral, etc. The fact that you are even managing to have positive times at all is commendable.
If I were going through what you are right now, I’d probably be rocking in a corner feeling sorry for myself.
So please go easy on yourself, take it minute by minute, hour by hour - scream, cry, laugh even - there is no right way, just do whatever you need to do to get through each day.
Take care xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
They might have to at some point if some people still won't listen.
My neighbours were outside all day today having a bbq and smoking weed with our other neighbour. We pulled them up on it tonight and they couldn’t care less and are pissed off with us!!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Where I am in Canada, they've changed it today so that ANYONE showing any symptoms can get tested.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My neighbours were outside all day today having a bbq and smoking weed with our other neighbour. We pulled them up on it tonight and they couldn’t care less and are pissed off with us!!
i saw on social media that some of my colleagues (they don't live together) are planning a trip this weekend! it is driving me mad that people are not taking this seriously

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The world monetary funds is predicting biggest world economic crisis of a lifetime. The UK food poverty thought is frightening. I googled the working uk pop number... In 2017 it was approx 33 million.

Let's say it 10 % is still working and paid like me a teacher... And we all who working paid donate £5 .. e.g Give a high five ✋ to a food bank national campaign ...that's 3 million by £5 equals £ 15 million... My brain tired ... Help me!! How could we Tattler 's set up or suggest a " Fiver for Families Food Covid "campaign ??

• Wow
Reactions: 7
The world monetary funds is predicting biggest world economic crisis of a lifetime. The UK food poverty thought is frightening. I googled the working uk pop number... In 2017 it was approx 33 million.

Let's say it 10 % is still working and paid like me a teacher... And we all who working paid donate £5 .. e.g Give a high five ✋ to a food bank national campaign ...that's 3 million by £5 equals £ 15 million... My brain tired ... Help me!! How could we Tattler 's set up or suggest a " Fiver for Families Food Covid "campaign ??

Start a crowdfunding page or on justgiving they already have the charities listed- so you'd just need to create a fundraiser and people could donate using the link posted.

Reactions: 3
On good morning Britain, one of the journalists said ministers are desperate to get children back to school and don’t want them off until September. So maybe when they start to lift restrictions that will be one of the first things. Obviously there’s a difference between not wanting them off and the virus flattening enough to allow them back. I’m still not holding my breath for anytime soon and in my head I’m thinking July for last three weeks of term before summer holidays as an absolute best case scenario

Reactions: 10
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Those calling for schools to be reopened while new cases (as far as I know, new hospital admissions) are still rising sharply need to rethink, honestly. Not that schools ever really closed... we have had staff in on a block rota and various numbers of children every day since “closure”, it’s absolutely draining and as it is and nerves are shot to pieces. Theory is all well and good but it’s the practical nuances that cause so many problems - there is no social distancing in school. It’s difficult to impossible to isolate sick children. You’re just creating a concentrated source for the virus.

Reactions: 14
Days are hard here I’m working from home an it’s hard especially when my children are asking that I play.
My daughter in particular enjoys me playing nursery’s 🙄 whilst she works which consists of playing with her horses that’s her job 😂😂.
I feel bad saying I really just need to write this report, I took ten minutes out the other day and melted chocolate so they could make Rice Krispies buns which went well and kept them busy for awhile.

I should be enjoying this time off as I could end up being asked to work elsewhere but instead I find myself stressed that I have work to do and my house is a tip feeling bad cause I can’t play.

life is hard, this is hard. I feel for everyone atm

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Days are hard here I’m working from home an it’s hard especially when my children are asking that I play.
My daughter in particular enjoys me playing nursery’s 🙄 whilst she works which consists of playing with her horses that’s her job 😂😂.
I feel bad saying I really just need to write this report, I took ten minutes out the other day and melted chocolate so they could make Rice Krispies buns which went well and kept them busy for awhile.

I should be enjoying this time off as I could end up being asked to work elsewhere but instead I find myself stressed that I have work to do and my house is a tip feeling bad cause I can’t play.

life is hard, this is hard. I feel for everyone atm
God I know this feeling.
I make sure to play hide and seek at least 4 times a day so I can lock myself in the bathroom for 5 minutes peace.
Its exhausting trying to get stuff done around kids.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.