Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Government (CZECH) is predicting 10,060 cases by the end of april and planning on getting back to normal.

Our first case was on the 1st of march. As of today at the moment we have 5312 cases and 99 deaths.

We took a different approach to the UK early on.

We closed schools & universities down at 40 cases.
Public gatherings over 30 cancelled.
Gyms,shopping centers and cafes within 10 days of a state of emergency being declared.
Flight bans from 15 countries (including ours)
Interest free loans for small businesses.
Fines.
You're not allowed outside without a facemask.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
God I know this feeling.
I make sure to play hide and seek at least 4 times a day so I can lock myself in the bathroom for 5 minutes peace.
Its exhausting trying to get stuff done around kids.
They aren’t fans of hide and seek haha they get bored and cba to look or stand and hide behind the curtains 🙈

I’d be happy to donate the £5 for a food bank. If anyone sets it up

Reactions: 3
Those calling for schools to be reopened while new cases (as far as I know, new hospital admissions) are still rising sharply need to rethink, honestly. Not that schools ever really closed... we have had staff in on a block rota and various numbers of children every day since “closure”, it’s absolutely draining and as it is and nerves are shot to pieces. Theory is all well and good but it’s the practical nuances that cause so many problems - there is no social distancing in school. It’s difficult to impossible to isolate sick children. You’re just creating a concentrated source for the virus.
There was a science report on BBC the other day saying there's no real reason to close schools as children are not affected that seriously by Covid19

It seems everyone is desperate for schools and childcare to reopen and to be done ASAP.

I find it quite amusing that the same parents who have claimed I'm overpaid and have an easy job are now stressed out with their own children after 3 weeks because they can't think how to entertain them. That comment came from the parents of a 2 year old I look after, Dad's a Solicitor and Mom works 3 days a week but she comes to nursery Monday to Friday and does 730 till 6 without fail, even when Mom and Dad take annual leave.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
There was a science report on BBC the other day saying there's no real reason to close schools as children are not affected that seriously by Covid19

It seems everyone is desperate for schools and childcare to reopen and to be done ASAP.

I find it quite amusing that the same parents who have claimed I'm overpaid and have an easy job are now stressed out with their own children after 3 weeks because they can't think how to entertain them. That comment came from the parents of a 2 year old I look after, Dad's a Solicitor and Mom works 3 days a week but she comes to nursery Monday to Friday and does 730 till 6 without fail, even when Mom and Dad take annual leave.
I've always thought nursery workers and teachers are actual angels for what they do...and this time has only reiterated that for me. It is bloody hard work to keep children entertained and safe and happy. Its exhausting. I'm also thankful for this time with my boy that I wouldn't usually get cos hearing his funny little stories 24/7 cracks me up. If anything though this time is just making me doubt myself as a mum that I'm really not good enough, but I am sure I'm not the only one feeling that way either.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Those calling for schools to be reopened while new cases (as far as I know, new hospital admissions) are still rising sharply need to rethink, honestly. Not that schools ever really closed... we have had staff in on a block rota and various numbers of children every day since “closure”, it’s absolutely draining and as it is and nerves are shot to pieces. Theory is all well and good but it’s the practical nuances that cause so many problems - there is no social distancing in school. It’s difficult to impossible to isolate sick children. You’re just creating a concentrated source for the virus.
I bet it's the same people that demanded they close that now want them open.

Reactions: 9
I’m confused that people expected the lockdown to be over by the end of these three weeks. Surely at 3 weeks it’s still far too early.
when lockdown ends, will it just be life goes back to normal?
What do people actually think happens when lockdown ends??

Reactions: 16
I can’t think of anything worse than the thought of sending my child back to school any time soon! 😔

Reactions: 19
I am conflicted. I have never been the sort of parent that sends their child to school or anywhere because I want rid of them, but my son is struggling with his reading and writing and I can't help but worry this is going to massively set him back. I do lots of writing excercises at home with him and have been using the learning packs his one to one as sent but I really don't feel confident that I can get him up too speed as well as well as his teacher can. His health is of course note important than this right now but i worry about everything.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I can’t think of anything worse than the thought of sending my child back to school any time soon! 😔
me either. If they open them too soon id still be tempted to keep my son off for a bit as he’s asthmatic and I’d be too anxious sending him in daily.

Reactions: 8
Also it is unlikely that schools will reopen in July for a few weeks back before summer as an induction of sorts as NI schools are off from the end of May.

There was a science report on BBC the other day saying there's no real reason to close schools as children are not affected that seriously by covid 19
Is the idea that schools don’t add to the spread of the virus *that* much not due to the initial reports that kids don’t get it? We have since seen that they do and the virus is so new we don’t know to what extent they can be carriers. Also having your kids at home is what encourages home working and staying at home more. If schools reopened then people would need to leave their house multiple times a day potentially for different pick up times, parents congregating at the gates, busy roads etc.

Reactions: 13
Also children can spread the disease, so whilst their symptoms could be mild or not show at all. They could still be passing it on to staff. Not to mention the crowds at pick up and drop off time.

Reactions: 13
I bet it's the same people that demanded they close that now want them open.
Yep. All I saw on Facebook was that they were taking their kids out of school because Boris was wrong and they knew best. Now can’t wait to get them back and wanting schools to open for summer holidays instead now.

This doesn’t apply to everybody but if you kids are that hard to deal with then imagine how the teachers feel the rest of the year. Maybe some parents will now treat teachers with more respect

Reactions: 14
With older kids, some walk home in small groups, go into shops together etc. Which raises the question, how can the gov 'open just the schools' and nothing else? Also good luck telling them they can't go out evenings/weekends due to lockdown restrictions when they spend Monday to Friday in close proximity to hundreds of others!

I don’t feel like I can comment on schools as my son is only Pre school but if they opened I would not be sending him back in. I can see why some parents would be conflicted if kids are struggling but for me I’d worry that I’d rather be able to do some extra work and help them catch up then be helpless if they were unwell with it?

Maybe that sounds brutal I don’t know... IMO I feel like if we can protect as many thats what I’d do.

No way I’d be sending my kids back to school if they opened after Easter. Far too soon.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.