Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Londoncailín

VIP Member
Upstairs neighbour has decided that it would be a fantastic idea to get builders in. They are using the noisiest equipment I have ever heard. My whole flat is rattling. Why would someone do this, especially at a time like this 😡

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

PoleStar

Chatty Member
Maybe because I've had it but my attitude has changed massively. I think the governments around the world have made the wrong call by locking down their citizens. They should have just let it burn through. The same amount of people are expected to die eventually anyway regardless of any measures the governments take. They should have let it be and accept what happens.
The same number of people are not expected to die, that's the point. Many people have conditions like diabetes or high blood pressure (I'm one of them) and because of that they are at higher risk of dying from COVID-19. However, without the virus being in the picture there is no reason to suspect that hordes of these people are imminently going to die! I'm only in my early 50s and I'm not planning on meeting The Reaper yet thank you very much!

LittleMy

VIP Member
Maybe because I've had it but my attitude has changed massively. I think the governments around the world have made the wrong call by locking down their citizens. They should have just let it burn through. The same amount of people are expected to die eventually anyway regardless of any measures the governments take. They should have let it be and accept what happens.
While that is your opinion and you’re entitled to it even if I don’t share it, if everyone had that attitude then there would be no point for anybody. It is not the Government’s or anybody’s right to play God with other people’s lives, they have a responsibility and duty of care towards the people they govern. All of them. It is not for you or I to decide who’s lives are worth more. Every life counts and should be preserved where possible. It sounds cold when you say “let it burn through.” You’re talking about people’s family members who matter to them whether they are vulnerable or not.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
OMG! That’s it guilt! Guilt about not being productive enough on a daily basis - but, also, a lack of focus. I put It down to subconscious worry about lockdown.
We aren’t productive at all! I’m on a constant timetable of express, feed baby, feed older children, feed grown man then repeat that several times throughout the day and night. If they’re in clean clothes/pyjamas teeth brushed and they’re happy and fed that’s literally my aim each day no guilt because that’s when the pnd starts. So I’m not allowing guilt. I give myself low expectations each day.

• Heart

cushtybert

VIP Member
It’s not the same without Chris Whitty 😭 husband just walked in and said your boyfriends not on tv, he’s having a bbq with his neighbours 😬😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
I bet it's the same people that demanded they close that now want them open.
Yep. All I saw on Facebook was that they were taking their kids out of school because Boris was wrong and they knew best. Now can’t wait to get them back and wanting schools to open for summer holidays instead now.

This doesn’t apply to everybody but if you kids are that hard to deal with then imagine how the teachers feel the rest of the year. Maybe some parents will now treat teachers with more respect

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Like sheep? The government remove our human and civil rights and no one says peep.
If there was no reason for it then I’d get your point but that’s not the case.

Clearly there is a very good reason for it and we are not the only nation to have done it. Some have even taken it even further than we have. Take your tin foil hat off or take that shit to the conspiracy thread.

• Heart
  • Angry

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Sainsbury’s are taking this seriously just witnessed a family of three adults being kicked out because you’re only allowed one in per family to shop! The guy told them twice and they didn’t really take any notice so he said that’s it you cannot come in please leave.
I wish they would do that at my Asda - just got back and there was a family of 5 plus child aged about 4 trudging round slowly blocking the aisles and touching stuff.. Ridiculous.
The thing that is making me very upset at the moment is hearing about the elderly people dying in care homes. Poor things, it must be so frightening. So bloody unfair they get to an old age to have this horrible disease and their friends dying around them. And their carers are just amazing - awful for them too. I'm so lucky with my mum, she is 88 and has been isolating for about 3 weeks. She lives alone on the farm but has plenty of food and good neighbours. She gets bored and lonely but I think a lot of people are. And it could be so much worse ☹.

• Sad

Doc

VIP Member
Those calling for schools to be reopened while new cases (as far as I know, new hospital admissions) are still rising sharply need to rethink, honestly. Not that schools ever really closed... we have had staff in on a block rota and various numbers of children every day since “closure”, it’s absolutely draining and as it is and nerves are shot to pieces. Theory is all well and good but it’s the practical nuances that cause so many problems - there is no social distancing in school. It’s difficult to impossible to isolate sick children. You’re just creating a concentrated source for the virus.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I mean I would have gone out but its still light outside and I'm in my pjs not looking my best :giggle:
I went to the chemist today. Not brushed my hair, covered in baby sick and leaking boobs.... realised my lockdown look is not so hot 😂 could barely get together a sentence i was like oooh people!

• Haha

Asda

Why would fewer be dying though?

Sorry I’m tired I’m probably just completely misunderstanding 😂
I think it's because,for example... In Lincolnshire we have a sign at the side of the A roads (they call it the red route) and they tell you the death toll up to now for the year, compared with last year. I actually commented the other day about the fact that, I bet so many lives have been saved because of the roads being quieter.. We unfortunately have 34 lost souls lost from coronavirus in the whole of Lincolnshire, but the road toll would be far worse. 😔

• Sad

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I just watched a video of Nightingale Birmingham (it’s close by to me) being ‘put together’, I became overwhelmed with emotion and started crying! Just amazing what so many people are doing for others during such unprecedented times.

• Heart
  • Sad

hnoz

VIP Member
Unless you mean all people will eventually die then I don’t understand your point, if that is your argument why have any medical intervention for anything?
If you just let it burn through on its own the effect will be catastrophic both in terms of people dying from coronavirus and also people who need healthcare for any other reason.
“let it be and accept what happens” I’m sorry if this comes across rude but that is the worst advice I have ever heard.

• Heart

Alightened

VIP Member
It's very very doubtful that Boris has actually been on a ward. He's the Prime Minister, he'll have had his own private room with security outside his door. He'll have had all the essential medical equipment readily available to him. I don't know why people think he'll have been on a main ward with everyone else.

There's been about 8 policeman standing outside the hospital guarding him too.

P.S. I'm glad he's ok though

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
Anyone else having up and down days? One minute I’m positive then the next (like today), I can’t see a light at the end of the tunnel 😩
Please go easy on yourself.
You are grieving for your dear dad. At a time when you should be able to come together as a family, you can’t. You can’t even properly go through the rites of passage with organising a funeral, etc. The fact that you are even managing to have positive times at all is commendable.
If I were going through what you are right now, I’d probably be rocking in a corner feeling sorry for myself.
So please go easy on yourself, take it minute by minute, hour by hour - scream, cry, laugh even - there is no right way, just do whatever you need to do to get through each day.
Take care xx

• Heart

KateESJ

VIP Member
There’s nothing the hospitals can do ??? We can fight all the complications the virus is causing to the body , we can put drugs into you that gives u a fighting chance to recover and we can also put you into induced comas and let machines take over so the body has a chance to recover and fight it off

And then once we’ve done all that we can then send you home happy you have recovered from the virus

Bit of a silly comment to make
they can also make people comfortable. Imagine being at home, dying of this, terrified and not being able to breathe??

• Sad

KateESJ

VIP Member
Not been well today at all, so only just managed to look at the figures for today and those are devastating 😞

• Sad

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
I'd like an invite if Rabb or Sunak are going, I can bring vodka. :giggle:
Rishi does live in a Georgian mansion with a boat house on it's own island...enough space for us all to stand 2m apart.
It is in the Yorkshire Dales though...so technically neighbours with Rebecca Lamb, you can't have it all! 😂

• Haha
I’ve spent all day on the garden with my kids. Had a lovely day playing and a paddling pool out. Felt like I was on holiday. Checked twitter and saw nearly 1000 dead and it all came back to me. We are doing this as 1000s are dying. Now I feel guilty for forgetting.

• Sad
  • Sick