Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Dad got his extremely vulnerable letter so, even though he doesn’t have any of the 6 illnesses listed, I still registered him on the government site. Kidney UK said it comes under rare disease?
Hopefully, he will get allocated a Sainsbury’s delivery slot in the not too distant future.
How sad that I’m pleased he got the letter.
I’ve registered him as not requiring help at present but I do feel happier now knowing that I can change it if I get sick so that he won’t be left to fend for himself.

Reactions: 14

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I’ve spent all day on the garden with my kids. Had a lovely day playing and a paddling pool out. Felt like I was on holiday. Checked twitter and saw nearly 1000 dead and it all came back to me. We are doing this as 1000s are dying. Now I feel guilty for forgetting.
Please do not feel guilty!

We can’t live our lives on the premise that people are dying, fact is people die every day pandemic or not. Yes it’s awful what is happening right now, but we all need to preserve our mental health during this time as best we can. It’s hard enough to have proper fun at the moment, so when you do have it make the most of it. I’m sure your children had a fantastic day, certainly sounds like it.

• Heart

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Yes obv I miss my family and friends but yes the freedom is the worst. I keep have weird thoughts like 'I bet Tk maxx would have some lovely spring stuff in' :giggle:
I love a bit of TK Maxx too! Not many shops where you can buy so much random stuff you never knew you needed. I’m getting excited thinking about it. V sad...I must get out more...oh no ..wait

• Haha

Notothefakes

VIP Member
Police have powers to fine but I don’t think anyone has been yet.

Supermarkets are one person in only, but I guess some people manage to get round it 🤷🏻‍♀️.
Unless you literally have no other option why would you take your children? I totally get single parents families may not have a choice and if they can’t get deliveries or have family and friends local I get that but why would you take your whole family on a jolly if you didn’t need to? When we eventually do venture out it’ll be one of us in and out as quick as possible. Personally don’t enjoy taking my children shopping anyway so why I’d do it now I don’t know!

that is absolutely disgusting, that poor woman. I know I’ve said it before but karma is a bitch. I cannot understand people like that. I’ve walked past a few houses with food outside their doors in my village but it would absolutely never Occur to me to do that 🤬
That’s the thing for most people it wouldn’t even occur to them to do that!

BallroomBear

Was expecting high death figures today, but not quite that high. I don't think Italy or Spain have had daily figures that bad.

Condolences and prayers to all that have lost loved ones. 🙏

We have to get through this.

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I was sobbing today because I just feel hopeless. I have days where I can put full effort into keeping the house clean, have activities out for my daughter, lovely food on the table and others (like today) where I’m getting so overwhelmed and so starved of interaction (I have my 2 year old at home, and my husband who is working from 8-9 to 5:30-6) that I’m just not able to cope.
Its a proper roller coaster and there is no clue as to how the day will work out. Im really missing interaction with my friends and on the flip side missing time on my own. One minute I’m laughing , the next I feel like there’s no end in sight . I’ve had more things cancelled then I care to think about, it’s a bit like life has been cancelled for the foreseeable. Then I have to remind myself that my Scenario is really not they bad. Don’t expect too much of yourself , it’s ok to have an off day. This will pass, but when we are living it, it’s tough .

Reactions: 13

Viewer1901

VIP Member
Also children can spread the disease, so whilst their symptoms could be mild or not show at all. They could still be passing it on to staff. Not to mention the crowds at pick up and drop off time.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
Seemed like more saucepans than clapping here! It sounded like a South American protest. I can get on board with clap for carers but not sure about banging pots for them

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I try my best to ignore them but it is hard when they spout their conspiracy theories on this thread when we know regular posters on this thread have lost family members to COVID19.
I don’t understand why they don’t keep it on the conspiracy thread where others are happy to discuss it rather than set out to cause upset on here.
I know, I know, it’s done for a reaction but I just wish they’d show some sensitivity.
Sorry, rant over. :oops:
totally agree, sure look at me I’m a snapper, I've already had two run ins on here this week and left with a bruised ego about my “crap” posts 🤣 #irishcrap #ididnt

trolls will always show themselves eventually and they hate to be ignored, sometimes they aren’t trolls but just have a very blunt/extreme view on things,
admin always steps in when necessary,

we just need to hit report if things get messy and they’ll be on the radar then 🙂

I just wanted to say that for the people who get frustrated and decide they need to leave because one member has upset a thread 🤷‍♀️

• Heart

Flash

the sooner this is all over the better
its creating this whole 'i'm better than you attitude' and i'm so effing over it.
I agree. I’ve said it before on these threads but this crisis is bringing out a really ugly side to some people (definitely not all though, I do recognise that ❤).

• Heart

grumpycat

VIP Member
I feel like people are doing the clap for their own mental health - to feel like they are doing something. I don't really feel it helps the actual staff in any way what I hope they are going to get better working or pay conditions after this.

What I find a bit vulgar (for want of a better word) is all the patting yourself on the back that goes on after the clap. Videos of people out doing it or telling their street well done for clapping ?!? Why ?!!
this.
not one part of me wanted to video myself or my son or my street. It’s vulgar and defies the point of the matter.
For us, it was a lovely moment with our neighbours showing each other we are all in it together kinda thing. We all quietly went back to our own lives after that quick few minutes

Guyyyyyzzzzzz

VIP Member
Days are hard here I’m working from home an it’s hard especially when my children are asking that I play.
My daughter in particular enjoys me playing nursery’s 🙄 whilst she works which consists of playing with her horses that’s her job 😂😂.
I feel bad saying I really just need to write this report, I took ten minutes out the other day and melted chocolate so they could make Rice Krispies buns which went well and kept them busy for awhile.

I should be enjoying this time off as I could end up being asked to work elsewhere but instead I find myself stressed that I have work to do and my house is a tip feeling bad cause I can’t play.

life is hard, this is hard. I feel for everyone atm

• Sad

Doeli70

VIP Member
Maybe because I've had it but my attitude has changed massively. I think the governments around the world have made the wrong call by locking down their citizens. They should have just let it burn through. The same amount of people are expected to die eventually anyway regardless of any measures the governments take. They should have let it be and accept what happens.
I think it's been about the NHS not being able to cope if huge numbers got ill at the same time.

simplelifex

Really pleased Boris is out of ICU, I hope he let's his body rest and recuperate, regardless of what anyones political view is, he is our PM and we need him back well enough to lead our country through this.

hnoz

VIP Member
I wasnt judging you though. This family watched us clapping through the window and closed there blinds on us, can't you see how that comes across as disrespectful? Even a clap at the window would of meant something.
I dont know, I know people dont have to do it but I think its a lovely gesture and shows community spirit. As I said though each to their own.
It isn’t disrespectful, if you really knew and understood that everyone didn’t have to do it then you wouldn’t be complaining about your neighbours.