Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I think when they said 3 weeks and they'd review measures a lot of people only focused on 3 weeks. The very vulnerable were told 12 weeks for a reason. I'm not surprised if it'll last longer. It's been 3 weeks on Monday, it would be normal to have a meeting about it. I'm a worrier but that's my thoughts
I agree, same with the furlough scheme being 3 months. They knew from the start it’d be much longer than 3 weeks but didn’t want to make people panic

Reactions: 16

Spinidge

VIP Member
Can you imagine being so narcissistic that you think you know better about HEALTH as a businessman who is essentially a conman than the WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION!!!!

Ffs
This tweet from January 14th highlights that the WHO advised the Coronavirus could not be transmitted person to person. The advice from the WHO led to the US not closing their borders to international travel and implementing further restrictive steps. I think Trump has a point here.

Attachments

• Wow

50sGirl

VIP Member
Genuine question does Trump wear fake tan?
Genuine* answer:
I once researched Trumps family tree.
I discovered that his 3 x great grandfather on his mother’s side was actually part Oompa Loompa and that Donald is 2nd cousin once removed to Willy Wonka.
Amazing fact* that not many people know.
You're welcome! 😁

*may be a fib.

• Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
Omg. Surely we are at the "peak". Grim figures today 😔
I fear we will pass 1000 tomorrow.:(

Off topic: a week or so ago a couple of posters asked for my “Big Mac” sauce recipe. I’ve just posted it on the What’s For Dinner? thread.

• Sad
  • Haha

Sven

VIP Member
Its a proper roller coaster and there is no clue as to how the day will work out. Im really missing interaction with my friends and on the flip side missing time on my own. One minute I’m laughing , the next I feel like there’s no end in sight . I’ve had more things cancelled then I care to think about, it’s a bit like life has been cancelled for the foreseeable. Then I have to remind myself that my Scenario is really not they bad. Don’t expect too much of yourself , it’s ok to have an off day. This will pass, but when we are living it, it’s tough .
I’m finding it so difficult. I never had loads of money - I used to take her to Tesco to get a free apple and have a wander. Now I’m anxious about taking her outside and I just feel trapped. I love her so much but with only a 2 year old to talk to, I’m finding myself looking forward to dinner and bed just to get the day over with.

• Sad

Margie

I’m an introvert too so I do think it makes it much easier for us.View attachment 105914
Fellow introvert over here👋 Also big worrier and generally anxious person.
I have found so far that the lockdown has helped my normal day to day anxiety.....knowing expectations for everyone are basically the same, not having to stress that I have to do lots with the kids out and about ...if that makes sense?

Northeast1988

VIP Member
Put the vulnerable on lockdown and increase social services to help them with shopping etc. Invest into the nightingale temp hospitals for the covid-19 sick, allow the normal hospitals to continue as usual. Call back retired hospital staff to staff the temp hospitals, allow people to continue learning income so they can feed their families and pay their bills. Encourage social distancing.
There are quite a lot of nightingale hospitals being erected to take the load of local hospital and hospital staff who have retired have come back into work
At my hospital we have had over 100 nurses come back who have had critical care background and have been put to use

If you don’t work behind the scenes and are only relying on media and news for information , are you really in a position to judge or comment

Sven

VIP Member
I feel the same way, am in a similar situation. Having to constantly interact with a young child and keep everything else running smoothly along with the niggling worries and stress about the situation and none of our usual outlets is overwhelming. It seems like a (sadly) normal experience, I know it’s not forever but it’s hard to believe that when you’re in the thick of it :( Better to acknowledge these emotions rather than bottle them up though
It’s so hard :( they just want so much interaction (because they’re getting nothing from anyone else) but I’m struggling to cope with constant demands and having someone on me all the time. I also don’t have proper conversations either. My husband doesn’t come down til dinner time, then it’s her bed time and after that I’m just exhausted and can’t muster any energy at all.

• Sad

Ineedmorecoffee

Chatty Member
I think I hit a wall today. Only a bit but today was my first bad day.

Started off great, washing in by7.30am. Then headed out to Aldi, queued for about 20 mins, no bother. But I did also need to go to Morrison’s which is literally across the road. So I did. And it took me an hour to get in. This was early on as well. I can only think it’s Easter weekend coming up and it’s been a couple of weeks since the lockdown so everyone’s running out of stuff.

And then because it took me an age to do the shopping I was all stressed because I could’ve got 2 loads of washing out and on the line by now and what about the bathrooms that I was going to do and then there’s the jobs on the lockdown list I’ve created, and my kids are still in their pjs and my eldest hasn’t even opened a window or left his room, and.........

And so I gave myself permission to do feck all for a couple of hours and decompress. I’ve no work at the moment but DH is so we are keeping afloat and fine. But it’s the feeling I should be doing something at all times that I struggle to shake.

• Heart

PoleStar

Chatty Member
Yeterday we had the radio on with endless corona commercials, its unavoidable.

They literally were saying "while we learn how to adjust to a "new way of living"!!

Its programming people, please wake up!!!........
We should be going about our lives as usual, as during every flu season. In fact, we should INCREASE social mingling to achieve herd immunity quicker.

We cannot stop the virus with lockdowns, what we’re doing is prolonging the outbreak and guaranteeing a second wave.

And as far as testing, we should only be testing for antibodies to the virus, in order to see how close we’re getting to herd immunity.
I think you're on the wrong thread dear ....

• Haha

Sausageparty

Chatty Member
At the risk of being told off (because this isn't written in blood and signed by 13 independent witnesses) I did read a tweet by an ICU consultant that suggested Boris would be kept on the ICU for security among other reasons. *Runs for cover*
I wouldn't expect anything less. Regardless of the nations opinion hes our leader and an important person so needs to be getting special care. Yes everyone else is special and needs special care but he is the prime minister if he died it would leave the country frantic lol I dont get why it's so hard for people to understand it would be the same if it was any of the immediate royal family 🤣

Albs

I honestly thought lockdown had been lifted near me today but i didn’t get the memo.
Took me 45mins to get to tesco cause i was stuck in traffic (usually 5mins)
Then outside tesco there’s a shrine for a road traffic accident, im not exaggerating when i say this there was 60+ people all stood together laying flowers/ ballons, drinking on the main road.
Then on the other side of the carpark was 4 mums with their prams all stood together having a mothers meeting.
Its simple rules, what is so hard about them where some people can’t follow 😡

• Sad
  • Wow

Noname12345

Chatty Member
Random but:
- I know two adults and their two kids who had Covid and are fine now ; and
- I heard about 101 year old man who recovered from it.

• Heart

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I'm not trolling anyone. I'm just not agreeing with the governments removal of our human rights and civil liberties. Offering a different opinion is not being a troll.
You can offer a different opinion without saying that you want the virus to “burn through” the population and that it’s “survival of the fittest” because “if it’ll get you, it’ll get you”.

My boyfriend hates the lockdown and he, like you, thinks that everyone is staying inside to protect the vulnerable and elderly when they will most likely contract the virus anyway in a few months.

However, there are ways of phrasing things. Doing it the way you are doing it, with such spite and vitriol, really isn’t the way.

I remember when this thread was supportive and yes, we all had a moan, but it wasn’t how it is now. I’m going to hope that you’re very bored or that if you have children, they are winding you up, because the way you are having a shout at everyone on here is honestly really out of line. Yes, we are all just a username behind a computer but it doesn’t give you the right to take it out on us.

monga

VIP Member
Michael D Higgins the president of Ireland has called on all Irish people to light a candle in the window as a gesture of solidarity....I have to say he is a real life Leprechaun and nobody will ever convince me otherwise :LOL:
42543870_10155800412722514_8210997964005441536_n.jpg

• Haha

Jg182

I’m confused that people expected the lockdown to be over by the end of these three weeks. Surely at 3 weeks it’s still far too early.
when lockdown ends, will it just be life goes back to normal?
What do people actually think happens when lockdown ends??

Squarehole

VIP Member

To me it looked like the WHO couldn't have been clearer how serious it was and were saying countries were not taking it seriously enough when trump was busy saying it was fake news or whatever.