Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

leoladyxo

VIP Member
Chris Whitty really reminds me of someone but I can’t put my figure on it. I want to say Star Wars 🤣
This mug is brilliant! 😂 I’ve just looked it up and they’ve also made a t-shirt, phone cases and a wall print! All proceeds go to the NHS.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Jedoc

So just want to send a message from Ireland,can anyone planning to travel here by ferry for a little holiday can you please FUCK OFF AND STAY HOME. Our ports are jammed and holiday towns packed with people coming over. The guards are supppsed to be controlling this but doesnt seem to be maing a difference. Cant believe they havent closed them down to only commercial travel today. The locals of these holiday towns are usually elderly and ots creating very hostile environments by the absolute pricks coming in. That being said my friends just had a baby in the UK and her family travelled over from here today to see him,they are also absoloute pricks

• Wow
  • Angry

KateESJ

VIP Member
That's the problem isnt it, If it makes you feel better then go for it, but too many are using it to look down on others. I'm thankful for the NHS but I also have social anxiety and have no reason to not go out other than the thought filled me with dread. But I feel awful even though really I've done nothing wrong.
There’s so many posts on my local group saying they’re ‘disappointed’ that so and so road/ave/street etc didn’t have a good turn out.

There’s a multitude of reasons why people don’t want to. Doesn’t mean they don’t appreciate anything.

Someone outright said anyone who doesn’t clap doesn’t appreciate the NHS. I didn’t hold back, people can stfu with that shit.

• Angry

Hereforthehottea

VIP Member
They might have to at some point if some people still won't listen.
My neighbours were outside all day today having a bbq and smoking weed with our other neighbour. We pulled them up on it tonight and they couldn’t care less and are pissed off with us!!

• Angry
  • Wow

Peartree

We had a saucepan couple across the road too😂 it gets ramped up every week, come the end someone will break out the DJ decks & sound system.

Decent turn out on our street. Didn’t take part but had a peek through the window. The cat was in the room and didn’t know wtf was going on.

Hope the neighbours weren’t judging those of us who didn’t go out.
Our neighbours were really noisy, we didn’t go out, we’re both frontline workers and I just cried. Works awful in fairness. But it’s my job and I’m going to do my best, and hopefully in a few months time my part in this will be over and it’ll be up to others to go back to work and pick up the pieces, I’ll clap then

• Sad

HideTheHunter

I know two people who work in A&E Departments in UK and both have said how quiet it is and that they have capacity but are ready for when it gets busy but as of now, they are very quiet. I get that there will not be as many A&E patients due to people not having RTA's etc but like it says in the article, there are normally a lot of other emergencies like heart attacks and strokes. Interesting!
Dr Gregor Smith (depute chief medical officer for Scotland) did mention that he was concerned that people would be afraid to approach hospitals if they were feeling unwell, and reassured everyone that no matter the current situation, everyone should not feel they have to stay away if they have pains, bleeding, or other health ailments that were not usual. I wonder if people are actually doing that...staying away and trying to hope things get better on their own......

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
Had to get a telephone consultation for my little girl this morning. Not coronavirus related but looking likely that she will be admitted to hospital in the next few days. I'm terrified of her been anywhere near a hospital at the moment 😭
My husband was admitted yesterday for complications with tonsillitis. Because it was a throat infection they tested him for coronavirus and placed him a ward alone with a mask on waiting on results. He's got his treatment via IV and now just waiting on his results to see can he be discharged. I'm just so anxious waiting. But the reason I replied was to reassure you that the hospitals are taking every precaution. He had to go to 2 separate hospitals and both kept him on his own and he was given a mask. Staff using PPE and very little contact unless necessary. Its scary and I know how u feel, I just want him home.

• Sad

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Not really. Putting people into poverty after more than10 years of austerity is a silly, irresponsible and careless action to take.
It’s not like they’re doing it for fun. It’s actually necessary. You make it seem like they’re doing it because they feel like it.

Nobody wants this, you think the government wanted pretty much everything to be ground to a halt? You think they want to be paying 80% of the majorities wages? It is what is needed at this moment in time. Yes it sucks, yes it’s going to be shit after wards. But I’d rather that than have our hospitals become over run, staff walking away due to feeling undervalued and over worked during a pandemic and even more lives lost than necessary. It’s not just old people getting it and dying. Young healthy people can die from it too.

If you’ve got a better suggestion beyond ‘let it run its course’ I would LOVE to hear it.

boredjess

VIP Member
My opinion is if you want to clap, you can clap in your living room, your toilet, your bedroom.
It is your appreciation to them.

ALSO if you don't want to clap at all. DON'T.

We can appreciate them in our own ways.

(saucepans should be use to smack all those people out illegally 🤪 )

Last edited:
  • Haha

Boddler

totally agree, sure look at me I’m a snapper, I've already had two run ins on here this week and left with a bruised ego about my “crap” posts 🤣 #irishcrap #ididnt
Umm, three run ins - Lidl middle aisles... But now I have learnt I can pick up items from this eccentric emporium whilst picking up the essential milk, bread eggs etc so am currently doing laps of my front room on an electric scooter, wearing a snood and wielding a circular saw

• Haha

KateESJ

VIP Member
Yeterday we had the radio on with endless corona commercials, its unavoidable.

They literally were saying "while we learn how to adjust to a "new way of living"!!

Its programming people, please wake up!!!........
We should be going about our lives as usual, as during every flu season. In fact, we should INCREASE social mingling to achieve herd immunity quicker.

We cannot stop the virus with lockdowns, what we’re doing is prolonging the outbreak and guaranteeing a second wave.

And as far as testing, we should only be testing for antibodies to the virus, in order to see how close we’re getting to herd immunity.
If we go on as normal it will be detrimental and more people will die, both people with coronavirus and without.

It’s not flu season. It isn’t the flu.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Very well said.

Some of us don’t have large families and so those close to us mean the world. Why should we risk losing them? not everyone gets off lightly with this virus. I’m going to have to start ignoring some comments and scroll past 🙄
sometimes it’s best to do that,
I think we’d all be frustrated if every single post that doesn’t follow the crowd is removed right?
At least here people can (respectfully) argue their point and if a troll continues to show themselves as a troll they will probably be removed by admin at that point anyway 🤷‍♀️

KateESJ

VIP Member
Breaking news on BBC

Boris is going for ‘short walks’.

I love how every little development is breaking news. It’s good news though! Shows he’s doing okay.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I’m sure its a private room on a general ward, as opposed to a general ward with a curtain between you and the person that snores like a bear in the next bed !
Can you imagine, just coming round from sedation and face timing your family saying Boris is in the next bed to you 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

KateESJ

VIP Member
Could be 🤷‍♀️.
Or maybe, it could be one of the other multitude of reasons?

We were literally just discussing in the thread how much people are judging other people re: the clapping thing.

I didn’t clap. I probably won’t clap at all.

Hihun

Someone mentioned earlier about checkout staff not wearing gloves. I work in one of the smaller shops so not quite the same, but I wore gloves to start with then decided it was safer for me and customers if I didn’t. I thought it would be better to constantly sanitize my hands rather than wear the same gloves for any amount of time, as it’s not possible to keep changing them between every customer. It’s so hard to know what to do for the best 😔

50sGirl

VIP Member
sometimes it’s best to do that,
I think we’d all be frustrated if every single post that doesn’t follow the crowd is removed right?
At least here people can (respectfully) argue their point and if a troll continues to show themselves as a troll they will probably be removed by admin at that point anyway 🤷‍♀️
I try my best to ignore them but it is hard when they spout their conspiracy theories on this thread when we know regular posters on this thread have lost family members to COVID19.
I don’t understand why they don’t keep it on the conspiracy thread where others are happy to discuss it rather than set out to cause upset on here.
I know, I know, it’s done for a reaction but I just wish they’d show some sensitivity.
Sorry, rant over. :oops:

• Angry

monga

VIP Member
China have now set up a draft policy to recognise dogs as pets instead of food...

• Heart