Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member

Reactions: 1

Lanie

VIP Member
Pointless briefing again today. Nothing new announced. They have to introduce stricter lockdown measures. It is not enough to say "don't go out this weekend"! 🤦‍♀️
It's supposed to rain so it will be ok, plus people still need their daily excercise it's unfair to punish the many because of the few.

Bostonx

VIP Member
I don't think anything will get stricter, it might be said in a more forceful tone though. I don't see how the lockdown really can get stricter and it baffles me that so many people are calling for the army on the streets :rolleyes:
Same, parks here have been shut off for a couple of days now. There is nowhere to have all these events people go on about. I don't even think there's enough army for all the streets. I also seen the suggestion of having ID to leave the house like Cyprus done. None of my siblings even own ID.

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I had a pop up supposed to be a cobra meeting tomorrow ?
Yes they did mention a cobra meeting tomorrow at the briefing this evening but they've not yet said how long the current restrictions will be extended for I don't think

monga

VIP Member
Oh listen,
I need to give it a day or two before I upset another member with some “Irish crap” or something trump related 🤣😂
I’ve filled my quota for the week, I’m playing nice 😂🤣
Well he's just limbering up beside me now on Facebook ....Hhhhheerrreeess Ddddooonnaallldd 😂

hnoz

VIP Member
Thank you.
So as they can only claim 80% back then they’ll probably pay him 80% and not his full wage then? They are only a small company so as they are not trading I don’t know what they will do.
If he has been furloughed then he will have been told the details and signed an agreement. Companies can claim 80% of the wage, up to 2.5k and are obviously encouraged to top it up to 100% if they can.

Jg182

I really think I’m going to be terrified of everything when we’re eventually allowed out. The thought of a night out and all the germs on the bar terrifies me - normally it wouldn’t even cross my mind! I’m worried life will just never be the same again
I feel the same, especially the thought of going back to working some where really busy where people are very close

Squarehole

VIP Member
It’s ridiculous, who can travel abroad now anyway?
We keep getting email reminders for my husband to resubmit a passport photo or they will withdraw his application and will keep the £75 fee. He is self isolating so cannot go to a photo booth for a passport pic and I doubt you’d be allowed to use one anyway. I’ve said we will just take a photo on the ‘phone, which will get rejected but explain the situation and hope they use common sense!
You can just take one at home. Just needs to be against a light coloured wall and you can upload online. Just did mine and one of my children before all this kicked off. Shame we won't be going anywhere now though 😭

Last edited:

S29S37

I feel like I've won the lottery....been e mailed by Tesco informing me of shopping slots available as I'm classed as vulnerable....there's even 1for tomorrow and 2 for Easter Sunday! ( in desperate need of tonic water ....I have gin though)
live never shopped online with Tesco before but I'm very impressed....more than I can say for Waitrose who have been useless with their registration of vulnerable shoppers
How did you register as vulnerable with tesco? My husband is vulnerable and we haven't been able to get a slot for weeks ☹

Kaybethkay

VIP Member
Quick question,
I’m in quarantine with my boyfriend and we think he is showing symptoms, so far it’s just a fever but he’s classed as being vulnerable and he always gets colds/flus pretty bad. If he does get worse do I call someone? If so who? Would it be 999 or 111?

Bostonx

VIP Member
I agree, and at the same time people are complaining passport offices aren't necessary and none should open. ID is a basic right in the uk, what is you need a job and you have no id or it has expired? Passports do not equal holidays.

There is really no need for anything to be stricter, what else is there to close or ban?

There definitely isn't even enough army to police streets anyway. Idk maybe it is growing up in NI, but people should be very careful about wanting the army on the streets.
That's true Iv seen a lot of the immediate start jobs asking for ID and proof you can work in the U.K. I think. Luckily one of my siblings has worked in the same supermarket for years and didn't need ID when she applied but you do need it now if you apply for a job there. And the other is in a takeaway. But they don't have ID if that measure was to come into place. Yeah thinking of what it's like in Ireland maybe that is why you think that. I'm the same. I don't know what they will do next

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
Just wondering as anyone been to the supermarket in the afternoon say 5pm if so what was stock like and was it as busy as in the day?
yes ..i went to my local sainsbury's on Wednesday about 5.30. queued for about 5 mins to get in ..most items well stocked..still no eggs , handsoap, fresh chicken or batter mixes. i think it was better time..those early slots for elderly give me to shivers ..to me theres so many people out queuing for too long its scary.

Team JCM

VIP Member
I'm the same, Total introvert with plenty of hobbies and projects to be getting on with, but just can't seem to settle into anything. Normally I would relish some time off, but not like this. I haven't even got any kind of routine going yet and its been almost 3 weeks.
Same, same

GiggleBee

VIP Member
I just think it's not fair at all to judge just because someone didn't come out of their house and put their hands together for 1 minute. You don't know what they've got going on and frankly, nobody HAS to do it. Doesn't mean that they have any disrespect towards the NHS. I'm honestly sick of people thinking that someone not clapping means that someone doesn't appreciate it. I've heard people say it already too much and I'm over it.
I wasnt judging you though. This family watched us clapping through the window and closed there blinds on us, can't you see how that comes across as disrespectful? Even a clap at the window would of meant something.
I dont know, I know people dont have to do it but I think its a lovely gesture and shows community spirit. As I said though each to their own.