Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
The chip shop shouldn’t be open like that. Cafes, bars and restaurants have all had to close.
Our local chip shops are doing pay online and delivery only.

fish and chips is not an essential. Yes it’s nice to have the option and I’m not saying they shouldn’t keep running ( I’ve had a couple of takeaways in lockdown) but they should be adapting their business model to fit the rules
Agree. Especially the point about cafes and restaurants.

Should they be reported and to who? I don’t want them to close, but a queue down the street surely isn’t right given the circumstances. Other chip shops in the area have gone onto Uber Eats and the like. Don’t see why they can’t do that or set their own delivery service up.

Reactions: 1

HideTheHunter

anyone else in this time of being off work, realise how much they actually hated their job and how badly your treated at the job!
Yes! But I knew that anyway, and was looking for another one when the lockdown happened. I'm furloughed until the end of May though, so there's that :)

I really don't think that would work. Or change anything from what it is now.

The vulnerable are still going out now. When I went shopping I saw more elderly than young. People continuing to earn income means leaving a lot of shops and places of business open which would just encourage the spread. And they encouraged social distancing earlier and everyone seemed to think it meant, go to the beach and Cheltenham.

People don't listen enough for something like that to work.
But then that is their choice.

• Wow

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I know, we’ve tried a few times, it’s trying to get zero shadows that is the problem. Any tips?
It was a right pain if I’m honest! Our house is quite dark where the walls happened to be white so lighting was a problem even in the middle of the day. Only advice I have is don’t give up! Think I used a selfie stick to get the angle right too, it was a couple of years ago now.

It’s not like they’re doing it for fun. It’s actually necessary. You make it seem like they’re doing it because they feel like it.

Nobody wants this, you think the government wanted pretty much everything to be ground to a halt? You think they want to be paying 80% of the majorities wages? It is what is needed at this moment in time. Yes it sucks, yes it’s going to be shit after wards. But I’d rather that than have our hospitals become over run, staff walking away due to feeling undervalued and over worked during a pandemic and even more lives lost than necessary. It’s not just old people getting it and dying. Young healthy people can die from it too.

If you’ve got a better suggestion beyond ‘let it run its course’ I would LOVE to hear it.
Read up. I've already typed it.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
People have been asking about shopping slots. I think unless you’re vulnerable home delivery will not be possible for most but as I’m up half the night I checked after midnight and loads of click and collect were available for Asda for a weeks time. They’ve all gone now but I guess it’s a case of waiting up for more dates to be released.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
They always talk to us, funnily enough though noone on our side of the road likes them as they like to do what they can to make us uncomfortable, including getting drunk in their front garden and stripping 🙈.

Maybe it shouldn't have bothered me but I just find it disrespectful.
Some anti Torries have an issue with it, maybe that’s why? 😔

• Sad
People have been asking about shopping slots. I think unless you’re vulnerable home delivery will not be possible for most but as I’m up half the night I checked after midnight and loads of click and collect were available for Asda for a weeks time. They’ve all gone now but I guess it’s a case of waiting up for more dates to be released.

I got a morrisons slot for monday 13th april and I booked this wednesday at 12.07am, best to be online at midnight for all websites that's when they are released, I got one for tescos a few weeks back at midnight aswell

Viewer1901

VIP Member
Ive had good luck just checking at random points in the day. Was able to get us a tesco one and my sister A Morrison’s one. Both around 4/5pm that they’ve been on there

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Rishi does live in a Georgian mansion with a boat house on it's own island...enough space for us all to stand 2m apart.
It is in the Yorkshire Dales though...so technically neighbours with Rebecca Lamb, you can't have it all! 😂
Yes, he's my in laws local MP! Lovely house he has but he is very rich and his father in law is a billionaire!

S29S37

I don't even believe boris is in icu, or that he even has covid.
It's probably a distraction from them all deciding that they all need a £10,000 payment each because they're all suffering with working from home...should probably save that for the conspiracy thread though 😜

• Haha

Exhausted Pigeon

VIP Member
Quick question as I know there's a few NHS workers on here...
Are nhs staff exempt from lockdown and social distancing rules when off duty?