Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kermy5

Delia, agreed. There’s no way he’d be in icu for days if he’s cheerily sat up in bed. I think we’re being lied to 😒
I love your name 😂😂

Exactly. If he's able to talk, is fully conscious, not on a ventilator then WHY is he using up a in demand ICU bed?! They are definitely not telling us the truth about his condition. I do wonder if he has any underlying health issues (known or unknown) that have complicated his recovery
Tory-itis

Reactions: 2

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
Yes just saw it on Facebook noone's allowed over the guards were all over today Lifford ,Bridgend etc we're not even allowed over to fill the car for the forseeable they've said..My husband travels over there every night for work but they've given him a letter that he has to keep on him at all times..
Just seen someone on my Facebook share this...probably same or similar post you saw?

Attachments

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
I've got 11 lego sets but still can't bring myself to build them yet. I've got the Gingerbread house to build as well 🙈
omg you've got the kwik e mart - i really wanted to get that as a family set ! i still love Lego and so do my kids even though theyre 17 and 12. 12 year old still wanted harry potter lego for xmas along with Victoria secret bag and make up !

Squarehole

VIP Member
This tweet from January 14th highlights that the WHO advised the Coronavirus could not be transmitted person to person. The advice from the WHO led to the US not closing their borders to international travel and implementing further restrictive steps. I think Trump has a point here.
Yes but did they not update this information 2 days later and upgrade advice as more information came in.
*Edited to add*

This shows that they said no human to human transmission on 10th Jan though and were saying it needed more research and was likely to have human to human a few days later.

Last edited:

coconochanel

VIP Member
Just wondering as anyone been to the supermarket in the afternoon say 5pm if so what was stock like and was it as busy as in the day?

Notothefakes

VIP Member
It's very very doubtful that Boris has actually been on a ward. He's the Prime Minister, he'll have had his own private room with security outside his door. He'll have had all the essential medical equipment readily available to him. I don't know why people think he'll have been on a main ward with everyone else.

There's been about 8 policeman standing outside the hospital guarding him too.

P.S. I'm glad he's ok though
I did think this. There’s no way he was sharing a ward

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I did too last week! The door was open and they had a sign on the door that said only 2 in at a time and marked lines on the floor inside to stand behind. So I went in as the shop was empty and got told off for coming in and was told to go outside and they’ll come to me.

They should change the sign if they don’t want people coming in. Saw about 5 more people get told off too. Surely posting a sign on the door saying ‘stay outside’ would save them the breath and trouble.

I appreciate everything they’re doing, please nobody think I don’t, but they have a real attitude at my local pharmacy. Always have done.
Mine are a bit funny too always have been. Ask you a million questions every single time you go in and I’m like I’ve been coming in here for 8 years surely you don’t need to ask me all these personal questions all the time 😂

• Haha

RachyWoo

VIP Member
Do you think they’re still doing their herd immunity thing just not as obviously as before. I read somewhere possibly bbc news as that’s all I tend to read, that their estimations have been done on the assumption that 50 percent of the public will stick to the guidelines.
I'm not sure. They could be I guess, I've never thought of it like that 🤔

Here, the fines are $3000 with prosecution.
That's how it should be. We're too soft over here!

50sGirl

VIP Member
Christ the number of cases (as well as deaths) has shot up today. Remember thinking it was never going to get as bad as Italy?! 😢
Are we worse than Italy now?
I know someone on here was comparing, with the UK being 2 weeks behind Italy, but I’ve not seen the chart in a while.

Daisybee

VIP Member
Of the deaths today, 117 occurred yesterday and 720 between 1-8th April and 29 in March, obviously quite far behind

monga

VIP Member
I agree. I do what I can reasonably without making myself mentally ill and we’re rarely going out of the house anyway
Maybe people that would be more exposed would have to" tighten the belt", but if there no coming and going frequently I think it would be fine..

Mustard

VIP Member
I am so fucking annoyed with my neighbours. Syrian refuges. Family in the house next door and another 5 ish in a house opposite.
It's 10.30 at night and not only have they been constantly in and out of each others houses all day but they are currently having a bonfire in the garden (in the house opposite) and STILL fucking mingling.

I'm angry eating chocolate and curtain twitching in full on rage
If you can, call the Environmental Services Department of your council and report the bonfire. At the same time, report the gathering. You could also try the 101 non emergency police no.

The GP here are open as normal for things exactly like that, they're only letting a few patients in at any one time .The front doors remain closed .I'd think it would be the same everywhere .Their taking every precaution try and encourage him to make an appointment it will put his mind at ease, and stop him worrying..most of these things are harmless..
My GP is assessing people on the phone first. I had a telephone appointment to discuss medication. Get your mum/dad to call them.

Last edited:

Pinchme

VIP Member
That’s very dodgy. He could have died from any number of things. Heart attack or anything. You hear of very healthy people passing young and suddenly. I don’t trust the figures at all to be honest. Not saying they are purposefully lying but I think it’s got out of their control.
Doctor was saying today, that the true figures won't be known for many months, as people are dying and it's assumed they have died of Covid19, as they haven't been tested. It may well be other conditions that killed them.

It's all very confusing, but I don't take much notice of the daily figures tbh, I think until it's all over, then we will get a true picture?

Spinidge

VIP Member
900+ is just covid deaths though. The death rate overall will be higher, surely? As people are dying anyway, as they did before, AND there’s these additional covid deaths.

It’s scary enough that 900+ people are dying. That would be additional to any other ‘average’ deaths. Unless I’m reading your comment wrong
This is what I'm trying to work out. That would be around 2500 a day but I cannot find these figures anywhere. All I am finding is those involving COVID-19 in some way. Hopefully this means that fewer people are dying of other factors due to the restrictions.