Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrsGarcia

Chatty Member
Johnson out of ICU. "In extremely good spirits"
It's almost as if the security issues surrounding the care of a VIP would have been a logistical nightmare on a general ward? Or something. 🤔 Hoping he is now on the road to recovery.

Reactions: 3

Hairraiser

VIP Member
I think some people are only thinking about themselves. In their minds they probably think “well we will try it and see what happens!” I’m glad that the police came and dispersed it so quickly. They will know not to do it again as they don’t know which of their neighbours will have dobbed them in.

Thank you for all that you are doing at your work. 💜💜💜
Thank you. Just doing what I can to get us through so we can get back to normal soon.

KateESJ

VIP Member
That would be in the ONS figures which have a lag of two weeks (though they only cover England and Wales). The latest state that deaths were 1,011 more than average (for that week compared to the same week over the past 5 years). 539 deaths registered mentioned coronavirus. That still leaves 472 more deaths than average unrelated to coronavirus (which seems very odd)

Full report here:
I wonder if they KNOW those deaths aren’t related? A lot of deaths happen without a known cause, I wonder if they’re included in the non-coronavirus stat?

It doesn’t surprise me really that non-coronavirus related deaths have increased though.

hnoz

VIP Member
Same, parks here have been shut off for a couple of days now. There is nowhere to have all these events people go on about. I don't even think there's enough army for all the streets. I also seen the suggestion of having ID to leave the house like Cyprus done. None of my siblings even own ID.
I agree, and at the same time people are complaining passport offices aren't necessary and none should open. ID is a basic right in the uk, what is you need a job and you have no id or it has expired? Passports do not equal holidays.

There is really no need for anything to be stricter, what else is there to close or ban?

There definitely isn't even enough army to police streets anyway. Idk maybe it is growing up in NI, but people should be very careful about wanting the army on the streets.

Detty pig

We had a saucepan couple across the road too😂 it gets ramped up every week, come the end someone will break out the DJ decks & sound system.

Decent turn out on our street. Didn’t take part but had a peek through the window. The cat was in the room and didn’t know wtf was going on.

Hope the neighbours weren’t judging those of us who didn’t go out.
I'm sure most weren't tbh, and I'm also sure we weren't the only ones not out. But doesnt stop me now feeling like I'm a terrible human as that's how my head works lol. I'd be freaking out at this point even if I went out as that's just how i roll 🙈🤷‍♀️

• Heart

GiggleBee

VIP Member
Or maybe, it could be one of the other multitude of reasons?

We were literally just discussing in the thread how much people are judging other people re: the clapping thing.

I didn’t clap. I probably won’t clap at all.
Alright, Ill shut up and wont mention it again. At the end of the day were all allowed our opinion you have yours and I have mine.

• Sick

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Oh ok. Still not good, I also don’t agree that you are able to bring your child into nursery when only one parent is a key worker and the other is at home and could look after them, or am I missing something with regards to that?
They can bring them in if they absolutely can't have them from home. The other parents are all working from home.

The only children we don't have are ones who parents are also Furloughed

• Wow

50sGirl

VIP Member
I feel like I've won the lottery....been e mailed by Tesco informing me of shopping slots available as I'm classed as vulnerable....there's even 1for tomorrow and 2 for Easter Sunday! ( in desperate need of tonic water ....I have gin though)
live never shopped online with Tesco before but I'm very impressed....more than I can say for Waitrose who have been useless with their registration of vulnerable shoppers
Could I ask if you needed to contact them first please?
My dad is classed as extremely vulnerable but can’t get a delivery slot anywhere.
Thank you.

Reactions: 2

bubbletea123

VIP Member
That annoys me. I don't understand the mentality of hating them translating to I won't listen, I won't keep myself and others safe & I'll just risk everyone's health. I don't like the Tories, I didn't vote for them. But I'm not a moron either 🤦🏻‍♀️

The last time I cried this much was because I got dumped, it's bloody weird crying all the time I can't help it either
Yes. It feels like when I've gone through a breakup or grieving somebody. Some days ok, then others sobbing.

• Sad

Viewer1901

VIP Member
I've got 11 lego sets but still can't bring myself to build them yet. I've got the Gingerbread house to build as well 🙈
i’ll take them off your hands and build them for you if you’d like 😂

I deleted my 10k for MPs post as after a little research it’s not as clean cut as it seems. Wes Streeting states

- MPs aren't being 'given £10,000 extra each'
- There is a contingency budget for office equipment because not all of our *staff* working from home have their own IT equipment
- It is there if - and only if - it is *needed*
- It has to be accounted for’

Last edited:
  • Angry

Horatio

VIP Member
Not gonna be a popular opinion but I still think the Boris ICU stories were a PR spin 😬

I do think he’s on 1;1 observation.
But I don’t think he’s the normal ICU cases we hear about.

It’s definitely swung support in his favour. Even piers Morgan was slapping him on the back.

just my opinion and happy to be wrong 😬
People may be sympathetic but no leader wants to earn it that way... seeming fallible, suffering illness.... it tarnishes the image of strength people want in a leader as they represent the country. Think of how the right was pushing the hilary is dieing conspiracies as hard as they could...

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I'm sure most weren't tbh, and I'm also sure we weren't the only ones out. But doesnt stop me now feeling like I'm a terrible human as that's how my head works lol. I'd be freaking out at this point even if I went out as that's just how i roll 🙈🤷‍♀️
My head works a similar way too! I’d like to think they’re focusing more on why they’re doing it rather than worrying about those who aren’t. Who knows what’s going on in each individual house after all.

• Sad

monga

VIP Member
I know DM are known for 🐂 💩 stories so I hope this is the biggest pile they've released 🤞

It's not surprising as our CMO has said once restrictions are lifted there will be subsequent waves , only a vaccine or immunity will kill this thing..

• Sad