Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lemonelmo

VIP Member
Dr Gregor Smith (depute chief medical officer for Scotland) did mention that he was concerned that people would be afraid to approach hospitals if they were feeling unwell, and reassured everyone that no matter the current situation, everyone should not feel they have to stay away if they have pains, bleeding, or other health ailments that were not usual. I wonder if people are actually doing that...staying away and trying to hope things get better on their own......
I can confirm I am doing this. I had a realisation earlier that its irrational to think this virus is the only thing Dr's and hospitals are dealing with currently. I'm sure there are plenty of others doing the exact same as me.

• Sad
Reactions: 2

Kally_20

• Wow

Notothefakes

VIP Member
If boris is in a stable condition sitting up in good spirits why is he still in intensive care ? Surely he should just be on a normal covid 19 ward
Maybe he still needs the oxygen? Does that have to be on an intensive care ward? I don’t feel like they’d say he’s improving if he isn’t because the shock would be greater if anything did happen.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I think Boris is going to be ok. As others have said, it's probably just a precaution for security. He will be out end of next week at the latest. He's a Churchill wannabe and was stupid not to see a doctor sooner.
Although Raab has just said he hasn't spoken to him.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I'm sure most weren't tbh, and I'm also sure we weren't the only ones out. But doesnt stop me now feeling like I'm a terrible human as that's how my head works lol. I'd be freaking out at this point even if I went out as that's just how i roll 🙈🤷‍♀️
It’s an awful mindset isn’t it, I don’t even have to know if anyone’s judging me because I’m already judging myself, like a weird defence mechanism

• Sad

Horatio

VIP Member
Yea, massively avoids conflict, difficult questions and any time he actually has to take control and actually lead us.
Yes but what’s the got to do with whether his condition was exaggerated for sympathy / shock factor ? Though many agree with your assessment of Boris, many more don’t , or at least they don’t care about those things enough to prevent voting for him with a landslide. Do you mean they said he was ill to boost popularity? As I said he’s got enough supporters and a PM at the start of his term with a majority like that is already at their most popular. I just don’t see illness as a tactic any politician wants to take.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I really think I’m going to be terrified of everything when we’re eventually allowed out. The thought of a night out and all the germs on the bar terrifies me - normally it wouldn’t even cross my mind! I’m worried life will just never be the same again
I don’t think I’ll want to take my baby out at all

HideTheHunter

Iv just seen this morning they’ve took the one hour exercise of the governments website now. Does this mean after the cobra meeting later they’ll lay down stricter laws?
Iv also heard the WhatsApp msg going round and in it she did say Thursday, was it really a hoax msg because Iv seen pictures going round Facebook of our local arena that has an ice rink under the floor which was laid out with beds. Does anyone know what time the meeting is today?
The exercise bit is still there so its ok to do it within the guidelines. Don't know what time the meeting is, but the briefing to us is usually around 5pm.

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
It’s ridiculous, who can travel abroad now anyway?
We keep getting email reminders for my husband to resubmit a passport photo or they will withdraw his application and will keep the £75 fee. He is self isolating so cannot go to a photo booth for a passport pic and I doubt you’d be allowed to use one anyway. I’ve said we will just take a photo on the ‘phone, which will get rejected but explain the situation and hope they use common sense!
I did my passport photo at home using my phone. It’s a pain to get the lighting right and to find a blank bit of wall, but I did get one accepted eventually!

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Daughters birthday today and we’ve had tears because she wants to go and play on the park in the sunshine with her new toys 😞

I know I’m doing the right thing but makes me feel like the worst Mum ever. Pisses me off because we went to the shops yesterday and drove past the park and loads of kids were on it, which she pointed out herself. How am I supposed to make my kids believe it’s closed when they see that?
Can you not just go for your daily walk around the park and then show her that the swings etc are closed off and explain they’re not open?

Squarehole

VIP Member
I think that’s a great idea. Is there anything like that set up? I think the clap is nice and if people find it uplifting that’s great but equally to give them something to help them get through their day is also nice and more practical
I think Tesco and deliveroo are donating free meals but I saw someone fundraising as well I can't find it right now. But I also wonder if there is something else if companies are donating food maybe their is a different idea which would also help in another way.

If anyone knows any please share and I will keep looking. I would love to send flowers or chocolate to lift spirits or buy items that could make them more comforatble. Fans ? Handcream ?

Titntat

VIP Member
Put them in Tupperware type boxes with grease proof paper in between so you can stack a few pieces in each box, does that make sense? x
What a good idea. I've ran out too. I've got a box of 1kg chicken n the fridge. Been planning on chicken meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner 😅

• Haha
  • Heart

Notothefakes

VIP Member
It’s an awful mindset isn’t it, I don’t even have to know if anyone’s judging me because I’m already judging myself, like a weird defence mechanism
I’ve never managed to get out as I’m always feeding the baby! I don’t even know if anybody does it on my street!

S29S37

No way is that true, any sudden and unexpected death has to be investigated by both the police and the coroner. A post-mortem will definitely be carried out in these circumstances.

You can report that, I know it's not something that feels nice but they are putting other people at risk with their behaviour. Hopefully a word from the authorities will do the job.

Definitely, and the police will investigate (my husband works for police) - the person could have died of anything and foul play has to be ruled out in any sudden and unexpected death.
Thankyou, it will be confidential won't it so my dad won't be told the cause of death?
He saw the man the evening before he was found ☹

KateESJ

VIP Member
Same my door isn't 2m away from neighbours lol we have all decided in 2020 the best way to communicate to make sure nobody else is out with their dog is to shout and ask. So if anyone on their exercise hears "are any of use out there" from a flat they might freak out 😂 we can't see the front doors from any of our windows lol
Hahaha I love that 😂