Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sindra Montelle

Yeterday we had the radio on with endless corona commercials, its unavoidable.

They literally were saying "while we learn how to adjust to a "new way of living"!!

Its programming people, please wake up!!!........
We should be going about our lives as usual, as during every flu season. In fact, we should INCREASE social mingling to achieve herd immunity quicker.

We cannot stop the virus with lockdowns, what we’re doing is prolonging the outbreak and guaranteeing a second wave.

And as far as testing, we should only be testing for antibodies to the virus, in order to see how close we’re getting to herd immunity.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Abcd123

VIP Member
I'm not sure how much I trust these numbers, a neighbour of my dad's passed away recently very out of the blue. He was in his 50s, fit and healthy. A neighbour went to check on him and found him. They are labelling the death as covid19 despite him not having tested positive at any point and they won't be testing him as he has already passed 🤔
They must have been told that he had covid symptoms..as far I'm aware the.draths of covid are being UNDER reported....those that die at home and therefore aren't tested, aren't being included in the numbers.

It's a 'national disgrace' as I've just read in a FB group.

Against gay marriage (but the same thing)..
Thought as much. Absolutely shocking.....🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Notothefakes

VIP Member
So, my views on todays update in general:

Raab appeared almost human for one moment
When he doesn't know the answer to something, the fail safe is "we will continue to do the right thing at the right time, guided by science"
He doesn't want to commit to confirming that he has the authority to make a decision regarding the lockdown
And lastly, he hasn't spoken to the PM in almost a week 😳
They constantly quote we are guided by the science, because psychology suggests we will pay more attention than if it’s just a politician telling us.... yet when you repeat it ten times a briefing we start to see through what you’re doing and it’s just words!

KateESJ

VIP Member
The one way system in tescos is like a game. I was walking around following the arrows nearly missed the shopping I wanted because I was making sure I was going the right way 😂
They have a one way system? Another reason for me never to go to Tesco.

I struggle enough already in Ikea 😂

• Haha

Laur91

VIP Member
Just wondering as anyone been to the supermarket in the afternoon say 5pm if so what was stock like and was it as busy as in the day?
we went to Morrison’s yesterday at 4:30 and it was fine, queue wasn’t bad at all and stock levels were high. Could get everything we needed.

Guyyyyyzzzzzz

VIP Member
Hi everyone,
Checking in for the first time today. Got to say I am so grateful for this corner of the internet where we get to discuss this in a rational way and also a place to talk about our fears.
I got up this morning, did a workout and made a smoothie for lunch. Something so small felt like such a treat.
I am struggling today, it snowed again overnight where I am in Canada and the ground is still really frozen. It feels like spring is so far away. It would be nice to get out into the garden and plant some flowers, etc. I am going to look into seeding some inside. The trees are starting to get buds so it will be really nice once they've bloomed.
I am trying to do things I don't normally do, this week I plan to bake focaccia. We will never be buying bread at the store again after this, lol.
I am really shocked at the number of deaths in the UK today and also shocked to see so many people there are still disregarding the lockdown. Are there fines there? Here, they can fine people thousands of dollars for not following social distancing laws.

Yep. I had been having a good week and then today burst into tears because it all feels so overwhelming.

I am surprised with the UK on lockdown they are not enforcing only one person per household in the store. They are doing that here, and we are not on a lockdown yet...although I would say it is a soft lockdown, everything is closed apart from grocery store, gas stations, essential stores like pharmacies, schools are closed until September, parks closed, etc. The only difference is there is no limit on how much we can go for walks outside.
Police have powers to fine but I don’t think anyone has been yet.

Supermarkets are one person in only, but I guess some people manage to get round it 🤷🏻‍♀️.

BorisBear

VIP Member
I dropped my nans shopping to her & washed my car on her drive as she watched from
The window, fricking sue me... too many wines 🥴

• Haha

Lanie

VIP Member
Times move on..kids nowadays love having their own back account and contactless card. They can have one from age 13. I got them for two of my kids when they were 15. My son uses Apple Pay on his phone. They definitely understand the value of money as they’re always checking their balance and my son hates it if he dips below a certain amount!

I rarely use cash as I find coins/notes ‘dirty’. Imagine how many hands they’ve passed between? 🤮 I also prefer contactless as I don’t like touching chip and pin machines as most of them look filthy and I always think of how many people have touched them and the germs!
People keep saying move with the times but I would prefer the choice. I have no issue with people using contactless if that's their thing so let people use cash if that's their thing. My son's 4 and 7 both have their own bank accounts that they can access from the branch or via my online banking.

Sven

VIP Member
Daughters birthday today and we’ve had tears because she wants to go and play on the park in the sunshine with her new toys 😞

I know I’m doing the right thing but makes me feel like the worst Mum ever. Pisses me off because we went to the shops yesterday and drove past the park and loads of kids were on it, which she pointed out herself. How am I supposed to make my kids believe it’s closed when they see that?
That’s so sad. Poor thing. Our local parks have tape all over them to stop people using them and it’s worked x

I love Lego but could never justify it! The price of some of the sets makes me want to cry. I really want the Disney castle but for £300 I could put a dent in going to see the real bloody thing!
I have the hogwarts castle and we’re going to put it together again in lockdown !

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
The world monetary funds is predicting biggest world economic crisis of a lifetime. The UK food poverty thought is frightening. I googled the working uk pop number... In 2017 it was approx 33 million.

Let's say it 10 % is still working and paid like me a teacher... And we all who working paid donate £5 .. e.g Give a high five ✋ to a food bank national campaign ...that's 3 million by £5 equals £ 15 million... My brain tired ... Help me!! How could we Tattler 's set up or suggest a " Fiver for Families Food Covid "campaign ??

Start a crowdfunding page or on justgiving they already have the charities listed- so you'd just need to create a fundraiser and people could donate using the link posted.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
It takes so much longer.

I have to take my kids so I’m constantly watching them to make sure they aren’t standing too close to people (my daughter danced in the fridge aisle the other day and fell on a poor woman 🤦🏼‍♀️ Thankfully she was nice about it but I felt so bad!!), making sure I’m not getting to close to people and trying to remember what I actually need because I always forget my list.

It’s so much more stressful than usual.
I’ve not had to do it yet. I’ve managed to get click and collect for next time. I know we aren’t vulnerable but I don’t want to risk the baby if I can help it.