Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
Yeah your right. Early years practitioner, easiest job in the world. I've no reason to complain. Shame I can't work for less than minimum wage to help placate those that think I'm overpaid too...
It’s not an easy job at all! We weren’t saying that. Believe me I’ve cried many times at work and it’s very stressful. But I feel more control at work and have support of senior staff there if I need it. I don’t believe anybody working in these settings should be on minimum wage. It’s hard!!!!

I find my son doesn't do a thing I tell him, but I only have to say "I'm telling the teacher" an he's "on it " so teachers must hold some kind of secret power even they're not aware of :LOL: Teacher is a bad word in our house (thank God)😂
Ditto! I tell him I’m emailing his head teacher and suddenly he’ll do what I’m asking! I use all my teacher tactics on him and he just doesn’t respond to me sometimes!

Reactions: 3

DaisyDeluxe

VIP Member
yes I've heard Morrison's has the most stock out of the big supermarkets.
Its had the best stocked shelves I've found so far, and even when the peak of the panic buying happened, I wondered what everyone was going on about because I didn't have any problems at my local Morrisons. I've also found M&S to be well stocked throughout.

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Iv just seen this morning they’ve took the one hour exercise of the governments website now. Does this mean after the cobra meeting later they’ll lay down stricter laws?
Iv also heard the WhatsApp msg going round and in it she did say Thursday, was it really a hoax msg because Iv seen pictures going round Facebook of our local arena that has an ice rink under the floor which was laid out with beds. Does anyone know what time the meeting is today?
It was confirmed to be a hoax, although I guess there were references to things that may well be true, I.e making large spaces (ice rinks) into emergency areas. I think there will be a reminder of staying home, upping police powers , but not making restrictions any tighter. Facebook is a hotbed of rumours, the official stance will be on the national news as soon as there is anything to say.

Nasttylady_

I think we have to remember this is not just ‘flu’. Boris Johnson as an example is a relatively healthy normal functioning person (the prime minister!) who after getting COVID-19 and being exposed to people with the disease ended up in intensive care. If that happened to all of us the NHS would be completely overwhelmed which is what we are all trying to avoid by staying home and ensuring we social distance.

I’m no expert but if he can get it and become seriously Ill then anyone can. Having said that when will this end? It’s kinda crazy.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Everyone is rounding up on local strangers on all the Spotted [Insert village or area here] Facebook pages. People getting really personal with one another over garden fires, barbeques and music blaring. I even heard a random 5pm firework the other day.

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
My son and I leant our the window to clap and most of the street came out. Bloody fireworks still going on here though, what’s the point it’s still light!!

• Haha

monga

VIP Member
Lived in Liverpool for a few years (worked there wasn't a student) and it is honestly the best city. The people make it. Kindest warmest people ive ever met
Home from Home I heard ! a friends daughter was to go to uni in Sept she was saying the people were just like back home x

monga

VIP Member
Today’s update... (sorry, I know this is boring but really helps my anxiety to post at least once). Today I have been less angry and it’s generally been an ok day. I felt like a lottery winner this morning when I had two extra black bags next to the full bin and the bin man took them all 👍🏻😍 (small thing I know) and I have just pottered around all day and breathing fine and tiredness almost gone (day 14). We did clap for the NHS and most of the street was out, and it was nice to see “people” and wave etc. It has got a bit strange though as one family had a pan last week, had a drum and a trumpet tonight 😬. Hubby is expecting they will have a monkey with cymbals by next Thursday. 🤣🤣🤣
Glad your feeling better x beat them to it and get your own monkey with cymbals why the hell not 😂

I saw it!
More luck than judgement, driving home from Tesco. It was huge and pink! ;)
So was @Oohthedrama 's :oops::LOL:

• Haha

Team JCM

VIP Member
We aren’t productive at all! I’m on a constant timetable of express, feed baby, feed older children, feed grown man then repeat that several times throughout the day and night. If they’re in clean clothes/pyjamas teeth brushed and they’re happy and fed that’s literally my aim each day no guilt because that’s when the pnd starts. So I’m not allowing guilt. I give myself low expectations each day.
I blame my catholic upbringing and mother 🙄

• Haha

GiggleBee

VIP Member
My husband has been suffering with tonsillitis and this evening has been horrific he is really swollen, can't swallow at all not even water so he's been told to go to a&e by the urgent care team. I'm so worried I have to stay home with our son (probably wouldn't have been allowed in with him anyway)
I hope your husbands okay?

Bostonx

VIP Member
I’ll support the NHS by continuing to not vote for the tories 🙊

But yeah. I’m doing that by staying home.

My door is way too close to other’s anyway. With them believing that the virus actually spreads further than originally thought, I’ll stay in my house instead 🙃😂
Same my door isn't 2m away from neighbours lol we have all decided in 2020 the best way to communicate to make sure nobody else is out with their dog is to shout and ask. So if anyone on their exercise hears "are any of use out there" from a flat they might freak out 😂 we can't see the front doors from any of our windows lol

• Haha

Sindra Montelle

Maybe because I've had it but my attitude has changed massively. I think the governments around the world have made the wrong call by locking down their citizens. They should have just let it burn through. The same amount of people are expected to die eventually anyway regardless of any measures the governments take. They should have let it be and accept what happens.
Yes I agree,i think we should have had bins with masks in for people to wear,like in Poland...give people a choice to carry on as usual

• Heart
  • Wow