Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
I love wee micky d. Have you seen the kids books about him? I have one for my son
I haven't ! but he's straight out of Darby O'Gill for me ,he's the epitome of a Leprechaun . We're so Lucky to have a President that people associate with one of the most iconic figures in Irish folklore to represent us ... ☘ 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
Yes that and others probably for the best ,stop everyone heading away over easter...Hope the hubbies home soon they'll be waiting on his results to see if he needs an antibiotic
I'll be awake the whole night but sure why break the habit of a lifetime 😂😂😂 used to be a great sleeper til this all started

• Haha

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
I’m not surprised the police are confused even some of us normal folk (not that police aren’t normal lol) can’t seem to get our heads round it. Basically it’s fine to buy random tat whilst doing your usual weekly shop. If the shop sells it they can’t really stop you. It’s not fine to go out for the sake of buying random on top of doing your normal weekly shop. But then it gets even more confusing with shops that aren’t food shops being open, encouraging people to make unnecessary journeys. Where does the buck stop?

Thoughts on chip shops? I assumed they were all close apart from a few who went onto the delivery apps and were doing delivery only. But one of my local ones which is also really popular has a queue of people (doing social distancing 2m apart) going down the street!

Not sure how I feel about it, on the one hand I wanna go down there and get some chips for myself🤣 on the other hand it seems a bit irresponsible of the owners, but if they’re doing social distancing properly then is it really doing any harm? Such a tough one, got a sanctimonious idiot going off on one on the local residents page as a result lol.

Regarding death tolls, after hearing it’s not literally people who have died today I’ve kinda lost interest. I don’t mean that in an insensitive way, of course people ARE dying but I feel we are not being told the numbers in an accurate way so I’m choosing to pay less attention to the daily toll at least, from now on.
The chip shop shouldn’t be open like that. Cafes, bars and restaurants have all had to close.
Our local chip shops are doing pay online and delivery only.

fish and chips is not an essential. Yes it’s nice to have the option and I’m not saying they shouldn’t keep running ( I’ve had a couple of takeaways in lockdown) but they should be adapting their business model to fit the rules

Hobbitsies

This tweet from January 14th highlights that the WHO advised the Coronavirus could not be transmitted person to person. The advice from the WHO led to the US not closing their borders to international travel and implementing further restrictive steps. I think Trump has a point here.
While this may be the case he has tried to downplay this the entire time. He could have closed the border, restricted travel among everything else when we knew it did which was also two months ago. He ignored WHO advice and procrastinated implementing a proper response 🤷‍♀️

KateESJ

VIP Member
Every time they have someone on the news who has recovered they always look really well. Although the one speaking now still sounds a bit breathless but he looks well. He’s lost two stone in weight. Another man they had on yesterday had also lost 15% of his body weight and had to learn to walk again but looked well.

They should show more people who have recovered or at least tell us the number of people that have recovered.
He still sounded so breathless! Made me feel breathless myself just watching him

Bostonx

VIP Member
I feel police are being strict now my friend was out for a walk round the block which is small takes no longer than 10 mins to wall was with her partner who she lives with yet police stopped and said they were not allowed to walk together they had to separate go separate ways or walk one in front of each other
Yup seen someone on Facebook say the same thing and when she questioned the police saying households are allowed to mix they were told to walk 2m apart

• Wow

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Not gonna be a popular opinion but I still think the Boris ICU stories were a PR spin 😬

I do think he’s on 1;1 observation.
But I don’t think he’s the normal ICU cases we hear about.

It’s definitely swung support in his favour. Even piers Morgan was slapping him on the back.

just my opinion and happy to be wrong 😬
Agreed. Said this on here from the second it was announced.
Its all about what message it is they want to send out, him being in 'ICU' was a message that needed to be put a cross.
A Prime Minister in not the best health recovering at home doesn't exactly make people think they need to stay inside.

hnoz

VIP Member
I think the DNR bit is true ! I've heard them say they don't take the care home residents to hospital they be made comfortable where they are, but I wouldn't say the bodies being left to pile up is true..
The poster said no one, including those without a DNR is being resuscitated. I doubt that is true.
Being resuscitated is brutal and there are situations where it isn’t appropriate but I don’t for a second believe all covid 19 are being left without resuscitation when it is suitable and even worse that this is a top down official strategy.

working9-5

Chatty Member
I agree, they needed to be stricter. Also the police should be actually issuing fines instead of threatening, and the fines should be larger in my opinion.
Here, the fines are $3000 with prosecution.

Last edited:

Sven

VIP Member
I'd love to know how many people read this thread but don't comment, just sit there wondering what the hell they're reading 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

Boris in ICU, dirty skets in Sainsburys, death toll, threesomes with half the political party and washing cars...and that's just page 27.
Couldn't write this shit. 😂😂
Don’t forget air horns! (I’m still salty)

• Haha

Notothefakes

VIP Member
My dad has a issue that is really needing a doctor opinion / further investigation. That he has only finally told my mum about as he was becoming depressed more and more each day . Finally my mum got it out of him . 4/5 weeks he found a lump but only managed to tell my mum now. He is point blank refusing to go to the doctors or even phone because of the coronavirus, when he really should . He doesnt want to put himself at risk even though this is really important
I had mastitis and they assessed me over the phone. I couldn’t have left it as my temp went up to 39! Also when I was pregnant I had to go to midwife and there was nobody else in there. They’re taking a lot of precautions. It’s probably safer at the doctors now than when it’s full of poorly people normally.

Spinidge

VIP Member
Yes but did they not update this information 2 days later and upgrade advice as more information came in.
*Edited to add*

This shows that they said no human to human transmission on 10th Jan though and were saying it needed more research and was likely to have human to human a few days later.
The WHO report didn't come out until a month later 16th February. Meanwhile back in the UK we didn't have restrictions until 16th of March. Blame is being pointed everywhere as the world is in panic, but I think we all need to be aware of what those with power and influence have to say, including organisations like the WHO.
Just to add: The Gates Foundation is the second largest donator to the WHO, after the US.

Last edited: