Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
It is but they're putting themselves at risk as well as the NHS.

If EVERY elderly and vulnerable person didn't listen and went out and all caught it, the ICUs would be full. That's why a harsher lockdown is needed. Take the bloody choice away because nobody is taking is seriously. There's a reason they've told the elderly not to go out.

Nobody wants to be stuck in. But if it saves lives and relieves the strain on the NHS then it's worth it.
You are entitled to your opinion- o wholehartedly
You do realise how utterly insulting this is I hope? So let it burn through and kill half my family and numerous other people around the country/world. Oh, and my 29 year old boyfriend would also die since its not just the elderly who are at risk fyi. And this is your opinion because you likely got lucky and didn't get it that bad, even though many young and old people do get it much worse and actually are dying right now right this moment. But then what's it matter since their gonna die anyway right? 🙄
The government should not have put people on lockdown. There are more people suffering poverty and will suffer longer than if other measures had been taken.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

KateESJ

VIP Member
This is what I'm trying to work out. That would be around 2500 a day but I cannot find these figures anywhere. All I am finding is those involving COVID-19 in some way. Hopefully this means that fewer people are dying of other factors due to the restrictions.
Why would fewer be dying though?

Sorry I’m tired I’m probably just completely misunderstanding 😂

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
I had a panic attack yesterday about going in the supermarket. I haven’t been for about 3 weeks now (hubby was doing it). He and the kids are self isolating until the weekend as I had symptoms (I’m now over them and back at work), so I had to go. Seeing the way it was all laid out for queuing, so many people wearing masks and the idea of anyone coming within 2m of me was terrifying. It looked like a scene from an apocalypse movie. I was OK once inside though, surprisingly better as the place wasn’t mobbed as it usually is, and ecstatic because I found spaghetti for the first time in forever!
I've been avoiding going into any building. Yesterday having to go to boots for a prescription was surreal. Made me really shaky after was just, as you said, apocalyptic

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I was under the impression the flu season ran from October, peaked in Dec/Jan and then rapidly declined in March? Is that not the case?
I think that’s true and I think they’re expecting this to do something similar in the future but as a community we have to build up some sort of immunity to it so first couple of years will be rougher from what understand.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
This is what I'm trying to work out. That would be around 2500 a day but I cannot find these figures anywhere. All I am finding is those involving COVID-19 in some way. Hopefully this means that fewer people are dying of other factors due to the restrictions.
That would be in the ONS figures which have a lag of two weeks (though they only cover England and Wales). The latest state that deaths were 1,011 more than average (for that week compared to the same week over the past 5 years). 539 deaths registered mentioned coronavirus. That still leaves 472 more deaths than average unrelated to coronavirus (which seems very odd)

Full report here:

• Sad

MrsGarcia

Chatty Member
I have a delivery of meat coming today from a local farm shop. I've ran out of freezer bags to separate it before freezing it. Any work around ideas?
I really don't want to take a trip to the shop purely for freezer bags
Cling film and foil? I've cling-filmed meat and added a baking paper layer with a label and second cling film layer. As long as it's well covered it shouldn't get frost bite 😁

Bostonx

VIP Member
It's supposed to rain so it will be ok, plus people still need their daily excercise it's unfair to punish the many because of the few.
Exactly. There's always going to be people who don't listen regardless. They probably don't have the money to pay the fines either & dont care about being shamed on the local Facebook group

monga

VIP Member

To me it looked like the WHO couldn't have been clearer how serious it was and were saying countries were not taking it seriously enough when trump was busy saying it was fake news or whatever.
He's said he's stopping the funding they get from America..

• Wow

Spinidge

VIP Member
The people who were welded into their homes in Wuhan were left to starve to death.
The people who carted off in vans against their will to never be seen again, and those who were lucky who only got to have their every movement tracked.

Last edited:
That's your opinion, repeating it isn't going to change everyone's mind or change what's happening. I personally think your approach is extremely cold. The government done what they done, said what they said and we just need to roll with it 🤷🏻‍♀️
Like sheep? The government remove our human and civil rights and no one says peep.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Maybeme

Awesome! They come with an electric guitar which is played for hours and hours and two attitudes you expect from teens ;they’re 8 and 4... I’ll drop them round with the remainders of my freezer food 😂
Perfect I'll get the mic and we will do a karaoke 🤣 will he ok as I can't sing 🤣 once I've drowned out the guitar with my tone deaf voice , we will play games to tire them out and then they will just want to watch a film or anything other then listening to my voice🤣🤣🤣 oh how I miss those days when my two boys where young ☺

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Cutting through the bull shit and providing the real stats.....

Aldi's top-seller in the ROI during the last three-week period was 2 litres of milk, with butter and a bag of carrots taking second and third place.

People may be sympathetic but no leader wants to earn it that way... seeming fallible, suffering illness.... it tarnishes the image of strength people want in a leader as they represent the country. Think of how the right was pushing the hilary is dieing conspiracies as hard as they could...
we’re in very different times right now, I don’t think it’s above them spinning this narrative to drive home the “we’re all in this together” narrative and stop the “he’s a Tory” divide.

look at twitter trying to arrange a clap for him.
obviously I don’t know either way and he was clearly sick.

Squarehole

VIP Member
I know, we’ve tried a few times, it’s trying to get zero shadows that is the problem. Any tips?
If you can face the window that will give the best photo with least shadow. You don't want light sources to either side so perhaps shut doors or have someone stand off shot to block light from the side if this is the issue. Stand close to wall for less shadow as well. Don't use flash.

Also I'm sure is says light coloured wall so doesn't need to be white could be light grey or cream etc although double check that on their photo guide !

Notothefakes

VIP Member
Quick question,
I’m in quarantine with my boyfriend and we think he is showing symptoms, so far it’s just a fever but he’s classed as being vulnerable and he always gets colds/flus pretty bad. If he does get worse do I call someone? If so who? Would it be 999 or 111?
999 if he has breathing problems. 111 if his symptoms persist past 7 days I think, like the temperature. Hope he feels better soon