Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hahaha no I did laugh (after I’d established they hadn’t woke her up) but seriously people!! Next Thursday, what will they do? Did they go and buy the air horn especially? Are air horns essential?
They’ve been sorting their garage and thought, that will wind the neighbours up at clapping time . Let’s hope there no other crap left for them to bring out next week. Brass band anyone?!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Good turnout our street tonight including saucepan and 1 random firework next street over.
Made me feel bit emotional think my kids worn me down today.

Been such a warm day.
Abba and wine cheered me up a little
Great news about Boris as seen some vile posts from the left.

A South West mp has asked government reopen churches but he's always been a knob head.

I still think their modelling must account for only a % people staying at home as saw thousand of workers at Hinckley point last night on news edf nuclear energy which I cant see meets social distancing.

If schools open in may in still unsure I want to send mine.
Freind works food factory not much distance there.
News tonight had whole sale nursery losing so many plant's.
It's shame we can't buy stuff for garden and keep distance if we at home anyway..
All those plants wasted.

A few weeks ago I panicked we don't have will thourght maybe we should write one with a lot.
But keep watching news and coffins.
Do many people non oap age have funeral plan of will government offer free coffins and funural as that's massive expense for so many grieving families.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
They’ve been sorting their garage and thought, that will wind the neighbours up at clapping time . Let’s hope there no other crap left for them to bring out next week. Brass band anyone?!
You are so right

Reactions: 1
My mum owns a buisness she had to furlough her employees but now one is giving her grief about this . My mum had an email saying the system for it opens at the end of the month and coming days she will get more information of what happens next . However this employee is saying his daughter the company she works for has furlough her and she is already getting her wages from the government ? Surely that's not the case
The employer is supposed to keep paying wages as normal and then claim it back from the government so yes if people get paid weekly or bi weekly then they will have already received pay while furloughed.

It's hot this week isnt it, so windows are all wide open, so much clapping and fireworks going off and now I feel so anxious that we are the only ones not going out and all our neighbours think we are massive dick heads, even though weve stuck to guidelines even when some of them haven't. So that kind of sucks when I'm already overly anxious constantly, let's just add that to the list 🙈😐
I’m the same. I’ve not been going out because the last two times I’ve been nursing and this week I just didn’t want to, to be honest. It doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the NHS, I appreciate them more than my stuck up neighbours know (they don’t know about my son), but I know they’ll be judging me for not clapping.

• Sad
The employer is supposed to keep paying wages as normal and then claim it back from the government so yes if people get paid weekly or bi weekly then they will have already received pay while furloughed.
Does the employer just pay the 80% to their employee?
I’m a tad concerned my son’s boss thinks the government will pay him.
Thanks.

Reactions: 1
My mum owns a buisness she had to furlough her employees but now one is giving her grief about this . My mum had an email saying the system for it opens at the end of the month and coming days she will get more information of what happens next . However this employee is saying his daughter the company she works for has furlough her and she is already getting her wages from the government ? Surely that's not the case
I've paid my staff this month.
They're 80% furlough and I've topped it up to 100%, backdated to when I closed the business, but I'm sure it can be backdated to the 1st of March.

When the furlough scheme opens they'll give the grant which covers all wages from then.

Do you know why she is waiting for it to open?
Is she aware that it'll be backdated?

Reactions: 6
I’m the same. I’ve not been going out because the last two times I’ve been nursing and this week I just didn’t want to, to be honest. It doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the NHS, I appreciate them more than my stuck up neighbours know (they don’t know about my son), but I know they’ll be judging me for not clapping.
That's the problem isnt it, If it makes you feel better then go for it, but too many are using it to look down on others. I'm thankful for the NHS but I also have social anxiety and have no reason to not go out other than the thought filled me with dread. But I feel awful even though really I've done nothing wrong.

Reactions: 6
Does the employer just pay the 80% to their employee?
I’m a tad concerned my son’s boss thinks the government will pay him.
Thanks.
Yes the employer pays wages as normal and then claims the funds back from the gov. The government doesn’t anything to employees directly.

Reactions: 3
Ditch Raab and find someone else to make up the third person , I think he would keep telling you to wash your hands
He would make you say “I am your leader mwah ha ha ha!” I’d love to be the jam in that sandwich #no social distancing required 😉

Whitty? You can have Whitty he’s eager

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Im with Oohthedrama and I've not clapped but a guy across the road had his saucepan out :rolleyes:
We had a saucepan couple across the road too😂 it gets ramped up every week, come the end someone will break out the DJ decks & sound system.

Decent turn out on our street. Didn’t take part but had a peek through the window. The cat was in the room and didn’t know wtf was going on.

Hope the neighbours weren’t judging those of us who didn’t go out.

Yes the employer pays wages as normal and then claims the funds back from the gov. The government doesn’t anything to employees directly.
Thank you.
So as they can only claim 80% back then they’ll probably pay him 80% and not his full wage then? They are only a small company so as they are not trading I don’t know what they will do.

He would make you say “I am your leader mwah ha ha ha!” I’d love to be the jam in that sandwich #no social distancing required 😉

Whitty? You can have Whitty he’s eager
There’s too much choice! I need some thinking time ...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.