Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The employer is supposed to keep paying wages as normal and then claim it back from the government so yes if people get paid weekly or bi weekly then they will have already received pay while furloughed.
this, we are currently doing it so we are paying wages as normal but myself and our accountant are making a note of how much pay that we have paid out we will need to claim back from HMRC.
no one has received money from the government for furlough because the portal isn’t even open yet. any furlough pay if from the companies pocket and will be reimbursed

Reactions: 5
Quick question as I know there's a few NHS workers on here...
Are nhs staff exempt from lockdown and social distancing rules when off duty?
We’re both NHS workers, I’ve been in ICU looking after covid ptns (full ppe and scrubbed after) hubbys a Dr and doesn’t know if ptns have covid or not also his ppe isn’t as good as mine.
In truth neither of wants to go anywhere but we have too, we’ve decided that as I have full ppe it’s safer if I go out.

I’m going food shopping Saturday morning for both us and my vulnerable parents, i get there early so I can get in and out, I take a list, I know the store layout so the list is in order and only touch what I’m buying. I’ll pop to the parents house after and wave at them through the window.
We have dogs so our daily exercise is walking them, we live in the country so can just pop up a hill and not see anyone
That’s it then.

Reactions: 18
This mug is brilliant! 😂 I’ve just looked it up and they’ve also made a t-shirt, phone cases and a wall print! All proceeds go to the NHS.

I am 100% buying this mug 🤩🤩🤩

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Thank you.
So as they can only claim 80% back then they’ll probably pay him 80% and not his full wage then? They are only a small company so as they are not trading I don’t know what they will do.
If he has been furloughed then he will have been told the details and signed an agreement. Companies can claim 80% of the wage, up to 2.5k and are obviously encouraged to top it up to 100% if they can.

Reactions: 1
We had a saucepan couple across the road too😂 it gets ramped up every week, come the end someone will break out the DJ decks & sound system.

Decent turn out on our street. Didn’t take part but had a peek through the window. The cat was in the room and didn’t know wtf was going on.

Hope the neighbours weren’t judging those of us who didn’t go out.
I'm sure most weren't tbh, and I'm also sure we weren't the only ones not out. But doesnt stop me now feeling like I'm a terrible human as that's how my head works lol. I'd be freaking out at this point even if I went out as that's just how i roll 🙈🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Unprecedented times... I get you x
I mean Gove is free I think 🤔
I was going to say Gove! He’s not my type...none of them are except Rishi , but unprecedented times call for unprecedented action and all that.
It wasn’t even my suggestion, it was @coconochanel but now she’s talking about washing her car!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don’t clap.
I don’t bang pans together
An I definitely don’t set fireworks off.

🤬

Reactions: 10
I'm sure most weren't tbh, and I'm also sure we weren't the only ones out. But doesnt stop me now feeling like I'm a terrible human as that's how my head works lol. I'd be freaking out at this point even if I went out as that's just how i roll 🙈🤷‍♀️
My head works a similar way too! I’d like to think they’re focusing more on why they’re doing it rather than worrying about those who aren’t. Who knows what’s going on in each individual house after all.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
That's the problem isnt it, If it makes you feel better then go for it, but too many are using it to look down on others. I'm thankful for the NHS but I also have social anxiety and have no reason to not go out other than the thought filled me with dread. But I feel awful even though really I've done nothing wrong.
There’s so many posts on my local group saying they’re ‘disappointed’ that so and so road/ave/street etc didn’t have a good turn out.

There’s a multitude of reasons why people don’t want to. Doesn’t mean they don’t appreciate anything.

Someone outright said anyone who doesn’t clap doesn’t appreciate the NHS. I didn’t hold back, people can stfu with that tit.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
I'm sure most weren't tbh, and I'm also sure we weren't the only ones out. But doesnt stop me now feeling like I'm a terrible human as that's how my head works lol. I'd be freaking out at this point even if I went out as that's just how i roll 🙈🤷‍♀️
It’s an awful mindset isn’t it, I don’t even have to know if anyone’s judging me because I’m already judging myself, like a weird defence mechanism

• Sad
There’s so many posts on my local group saying they’re ‘disappointed’ that so and so road/ave/street etc didn’t have a good turn out.

There’s a multitude of reasons why people don’t want to. Doesn’t mean they don’t appreciate anything.

Someone outright said anyone who doesn’t clap doesn’t appreciate the NHS. I didn’t hold back, people can stfu with that tit.
I don’t think I could hold back either! They’re taking away from the whole point of doing it by then moaning about those who don’t. It’s a nice gesture but it’s also optional and it’s not a reflection of someone’s character if they don’t do it. Remember why you’re doing it people, also remember to stay the duck indoors!

Reactions: 8
It’s an awful mindset isn’t it, I don’t even have to know if anyone’s judging me because I’m already judging myself, like a weird defence mechanism
I’ve never managed to get out as I’m always feeding the baby! I don’t even know if anybody does it on my street!

We had a saucepan couple across the road too😂 it gets ramped up every week, come the end someone will break out the DJ decks & sound system.

Decent turn out on our street. Didn’t take part but had a peek through the window. The cat was in the room and didn’t know wtf was going on.

Hope the neighbours weren’t judging those of us who didn’t go out.
Our neighbours were really noisy, we didn’t go out, we’re both frontline workers and I just cried. Works awful in fairness. But it’s my job and I’m going to do my best, and hopefully in a few months time my part in this will be over and it’ll be up to others to go back to work and pick up the pieces, I’ll clap then

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I've got 11 lego sets but still can't bring myself to build them yet. I've got the Gingerbread house to build as well 🙈
omg you've got the kwik e mart - i really wanted to get that as a family set ! i still love Lego and so do my kids even though theyre 17 and 12. 12 year old still wanted harry potter lego for xmas along with Victoria secret bag and make up !

If he has been furloughed then he will have been told the details and signed an agreement. Companies can claim 80% of the wage, up to 2.5k and are obviously encouraged to top it up to 100% if they can.
Thanks.
I know he received a letter from them. I’ll have to ask him.
Thanks for your help.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.