Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't doubt that he was very unwell, personally.
I don't think they would've put him in the ICU without reason.

He's probably still very unwell but not enough to need the ICU assistance.

Reactions: 13
Really sorry for the immature and shallow comment, but love that he's being referred to as Dominic Raaaaaab on here. I say it out loud with the extended 'a' as well when talking about him with my OH e.g "Dominic Raaaaaab is a bit fit no?" 😆
Lol 😆 I think that’s me who started it. It’s how I say it lol and by mistake typed it once and that’s what predictive text comes up with... so it’s stuck plus he likes to extenuate his verbs when talking.

The Chris Whitty appreciation stuff has had me howling... lol 😆 I want the mug x

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Isn't this his 4th night in hospital ICU? It does sound more serious than just precautionary...… I really don't want to be any more anxious than I am already thinking that the PM might be gravely ill.

However I am sitting with red wine and thinking up a dream team to lead the country. Starting with Dr Gregor Smith as Health Sec. 😘
He's out I had a pop up

Reactions: 4
Really pleased Boris is out of ICU, I hope he let's his body rest and recuperate, regardless of what anyones political view is, he is our PM and we need him back well enough to lead our country through this.

Reactions: 13
It's very very doubtful that Boris has actually been on a ward. He's the Prime Minister, he'll have had his own private room with security outside his door. He'll have had all the essential medical equipment readily available to him. I don't know why people think he'll have been on a main ward with everyone else.

There's been about 8 policeman standing outside the hospital guarding him too.

P.S. I'm glad he's ok though

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It's very very doubtful that Boris has actually been on a ward. He's the Prime Minister, he'll have had his own private room with security outside his door. He'll have had all the essential medical equipment readily available to him. I don't know why people think he'll have been on a main ward with everyone else.
St Thomas' hospital has amazing private suites. Unless I see actual evidence of Boris on a general ward sitting up and chatting "in good spirits" with the patients in the beds either side then I refuse to believe otherwise. Great news that he no longer requires intensive care treatment, nonetheless.

Reactions: 8
Thank heavens he’s out. I’ve felt a bit more positive today than I did yesterday. It’s a rollercoaster. Could be because I’ve avoided all news.

Reactions: 9
I think it's a bit of a put down of the medical staff if people think they would pretend he is ill for publicity. I believe he is ill. I am sure they are being cautions with trying to stay a half step ahead of his illness as it would be a big thing if he got worse and is very much needed right now.

It's also a bit disrespectful to those who are also currently ill or who's family are to say he is faking it. Why can't people believe he is very ill - lots of people are that's the point here !!
I completely agree with you. I despise this “post-truth” age the Internet has ushered us into. How Boris’s hospitalisation was discussed was a perfect microcosm of the phenomenon. Some people were saying he was sicker than we were told, others that he wasn’t really sick at all. Neither had much evidence stronger than the official story but that doesn’t seem to matter. Only that the official line is a lie.
Sure, initially it was played down. But clearly that was because it could have gone either way at that point.
It turned out he got worse and so it made sense to tell people the situation.

I don’t want people to think I’m totally naive and can never see the spin for the trees. On the contrary, part of my job is calling politicians on their bullshit. But that also means knowing when a situation is above political games .
It’s one of internet cultures most frustrating ironies that people who love to question politicians and the media because they’re such ‘free thinkers’ (not referring to anyone on this forum, just generally) do so seemingly at times without even needing to know on what. They don’t see the hypocrisy of blindly opposing, that it’s exactly the same as blindly following.

Reactions: 6

There's been about 8 policeman standing outside the hospital guarding him too.

P.S. I'm glad he's ok though
I did think this. There’s no way he was sharing a ward

Reactions: 2
It's almost as if the security issues surrounding the care of a VIP would have been a logistical nightmare on a general ward? Or something. 🤔 Hoping he is now on the road to recovery.
I’m sure its a private room on a general ward, as opposed to a general ward with a curtain between you and the person that snores like a bear in the next bed !

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m sure its a private room on a general ward, as opposed to a general ward with a curtain between you and the person that snores like a bear in the next bed !
Can you imagine, just coming round from sedation and face timing your family saying Boris is in the next bed to you 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Im with Oohthedrama and I've not clapped but a guy across the road had his saucepan out :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.